Hisomu Tadaka

A New (Old) Name [D6 MM]

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka looked for Chuchu. He just knew she was the closest to understanding what had happened to him.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Chuchu

Re: A New (Old) Name [D6 MM]

Post by Chuchu »

The little nezumi is offering to help heal people in the camp once again. She pauses her chirping to wave at...

Her ears go up in some dim recognition of change.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

He walks over and is less timid before. His apprehension of shaman seems to be gone. He bows. "Chuchu-sama, do I seem different to you?"
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:38 am
"Chuchu-sama, do I seem different to you?"
"Yes!" She cheeps out, scampering over to meet the newly-made man. Immediately the nezumi starts sniffing him as if that might answer her questions. Instead it makes her tilt her head. Looking up at him, the shaman asks, "What did you dream?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Chuchu wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:02 am
"Yes!" She cheeps out, scampering over to meet the newly-made man. Immediately the nezumi starts sniffing him as if that might answer her questions. Instead it makes her tilt her head. Looking up at him, the shaman asks, "What did you dream?"
"I met the shaman who took my Name. Apparently, I broke into his house while drunk and made a mess of things. We talked. I guess I asked for it. Literally. He was trying to help me." Tadaka gives a sad chuckle. "The Name Hantei Tadaka was to great for me to bear. I needed my own path to become a better man. He gave me a way."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:29 am
"I met the shaman who took my Name. Apparently, I broke into his house while drunk and made a mess of things. We talked. I guess I asked for it. Literally. He was trying to help me." Tadaka gives a sad chuckle. "The Name Hantei Tadaka was to great for me to bear. I needed my own path to become a better man. He gave me a way."
Her eyes grow wide and shiny. Oh! Oh, that makes everything make sense! Normally, someone would die if their Name was stolen, but his was only borrowed -- it was no punishment, no intended cruelty at all! She bounces up and down where she stands. "Yay, yay!" She gently tugs at Tadaka's clothes as she hops in place. "You changed changed! I bet your Name change changed too! That's why he must have gave it back!"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:42 am
Her eyes grow wide and shiny. Oh! Oh, that makes everything make sense! Normally, someone would die if their Name was stolen, but his was only borrowed -- it was no punishment, no intended cruelty at all! She bounces up and down where she stands. "Yay, yay!" She gently tugs at Tadaka's clothes as she hops in place. "You changed changed! I bet your Name change changed too! That's why he must have gave it back!"
Tadaka chuckles. "Aye. I feel renewed. Even in our talk, I realized things about myself that I hadn't noticed before." He looks at the little Nezumi with utter sincerity. "I have talked to my uncle about forming a great Family like Matsu did. Except instead of great warriors, they would be sailors. It was originally to strengthen my Name. Now, I'm going to do it because I think it will be best for the Spider. I still want to do right by my uncle, my Clan, and my children. I want you to know that if I succeed, my Family will always be friends to the Nezumi."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:10 am
"I have talked to my uncle about forming a great Family like Matsu did. Except instead of great warriors, they would be sailors. It was originally to strengthen my Name. Now, I'm going to do it because I think it will be best for the Spider. I still want to do right by my uncle, my Clan, and my children. I want you to know that if I succeed, my Family will always be friends to the Nezumi."
A tiny baby cheep escapes Chuchu. A promise! He made a promise! "I'm so glad you found yourself," She squeaks out, eyes shiny as she blinks a few times. "Sometimes, things get scary scary, but we learn how to live by doing the scary scary things. And you did it!" She pounces him for a hug. "Can my children come and see what Tomorrow you make for your people?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"Aye. Hopefully, it will be impressive enough." Tadaka thinks for a moment. "Do you have a planned route home?"

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:44 am
"Aye. Hopefully, it will be impressive enough." Tadaka thinks for a moment. "Do you have a planned route home?"
"Of course it will be!" He wouldn't have attracted a shaman's attention and gained one's help if there wasn't something special about him. Chuchu giggles at the thought, excited at the prospect of being part of such a special Name's story.

"Nope!" She chirps. "I walked half the road asleep! But my mama's on the way here with the other shaman!" Her tail wags.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"I see. Maybe I can you and the others back on board my ship. My home has a giant forest in it, and I heard the Isawa tribe believed the wood had special properties for the magic. I figure I can also bring some for your Rememberers. If it is good, then we can open a trade route between our peoples."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:39 am
"I see. Maybe I can you and the others back on board my ship. My home has a giant forest in it, and I heard the Isawa tribe believed the wood had special properties for the magic. I figure I can also bring some for your Rememberers. If it is good, then we can open a trade route between our peoples."
"Yes!" Chuchu cheers. "I wanna see the ocean! I wanna swim!" All the humans' dreams of water made her want to see the glittering surface of the sea for herself. "Can I climb the tall tall parts of the ship-thing?"

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka considers. "We'll see. Not sure how well the rigging would be set up for someone your size to climb up that high. But if it's safe to, sure. Just make sure it won't interfere with anyone's duties."