Jiyo Sora

Meeting Again For the First Time [Day 6, Late Morning] (Expecting)

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sora might be bunking in town these days, but the camp was still where most of the samurai were, and he felt a need to check on them, with the end in sight.

So he was making his rounds, trying lend whatever reassurance his presence could, and also to make sure no further disturbances had occurred following the fight at the graveyard.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hisomu Tadaka

Re: Meeting Again For the First Time [Day 6, Late Morning] (Expecting)

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

A man approached him. The last week he knew the man as Hisomu Goju. It was Hisomu Tadaka. Hantei's second son that ran off and joined the Spider. When, how, and why (and for that matter why it wasn't a big deal, maybe Hantei was happy to get the failson out of his hair) was vague.

Whether Sora remembered him as Goju or if he had always been Tadaka this week was something Tadaka didn't know. He wasn't sure what regaining his Name meant. Was Goju gone? A faint remember? Or did Tadaka pop right into existence after everyone just forgot about him for the last six years. Whelp. Only one way to find out.

He bowed to the man. "Good morning."
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Hisomu-san."

Sora cocked his head to the side, his oracular eye trained on the younger man.

"There's something... different about you."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"Yeah. I'm me again if that makes sense."
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

That... got an amused snort.

"It doesn't particularly, but I've long since made my peace with things not making sense. Care to explain this nonsense?"

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka thinks about it. "Nezumi magic. It created some strangeness for me."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Ah. Well. That'll do it."

He chuckled.

"They're an amazing civilization, and incredibly warm people with those they trust, but their magic is... well."

A shake of the head.

"There's I sent my son Soryu to study with them. I think you need to be an Ishiken to really... grasp some of it."

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka nods. "Aye. I lived and studied it for the last 6 years or so. Its power is amazing. I admit, I've developed some fascination with the concept of Name. What it means for us and how can we manipulate it. Also, their connection to Yume-do. How it can be used to help us fight the enemy."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Well, we've got Chuchu here, so that's something. But Name's... simultaneously pitifully simple and incredibly complex. It is... irritating."

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka laughs. "I know that all too well. Going from Hantei to Hisomu certainly changed me. I have wondered about the power of Family Name. Does it bind us to those whose name we take subtlety in ways we just instinctively grasp. Sure. Will Matsus of the future still be shaped Lady Matsu's Name today?" Tadaka considered it thoughtfully, especially since his goal was to create the Goju Family. Well, he guessed the Tadaka Family now. His reasoning, the need for those to take care of the naval interests in the Clan was still valid even if he wasn't trying to "strengthen his Name" anymore.

"Oh. I have met Chuchu. Actually she wandered into my dream before she appeared in camp. Nice girl, though it does worry me that she's so young."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"She's a good kid. Played well with my kids in my dream, so that's a good sign. And she might be young, but doing what she did there takes some ability... I think she's one to watch."

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"Aye. She offered to help with my... situation. A little reckless which, yeah, I know quite a bit about."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:24 am
His oracular eyes stabs him in the face once more, this time showing him a warm family gathering. Tadaka, his wife and kids, going to meet his former family. Warm embraces were shared around, and he can see Hantei actually losing his composure and shedding tears as he hugs his lost son.
Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:50 pm
After a moment and a great deal of pain, Tadaka sees the same image.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Recovering from the pain Goju wonders aloud. "What was that?"

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"A future, Hisomu-san."

Sora rubbed at his eye socket and grinned.

"Nicer than many this damn thing shows me, that much is plain..."

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka takes a long to compose himself before speaking. He didn't do the best job. "Thank you, Jiyo-sama. That was a future I wanted to see." Tadaka didn't know what he did here to deserve this.

After a moment. "I had my Name taken. Last night it was restored. That's what was different about me. So, trust me when I say what I saw was unbelievable to me. It still it." After a moment of thought, "When your son is ready to come let me know and I can arrange to pick him up. I can share the experience of what it means to have your Name erased which I am sure is a rare experience."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"I imagine Soryu will be fascinated."

He chuckled.

"I actually haven't gotten many letters from him, because it's such a long trip south, and I was headed here, but... I know my boy. He might well talk your ear off!"
Last edited by Jiyo Sora on Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Tadaka chuckles. "Good. While there's always work to do on a ship, the downtime can get rather boring sometimes."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Just hope he doesn't get seasick like his old man..."

Carries:

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

"I'll make sure we have his preferred side of the deck cleared for him."