Togashi Satsuki

Say My Name [D6, EM]

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

What did ratlings eat? Well, she was fairly certain they ate meat, but that wasn't something Satsuki could help with with her provisions. But she had pickled vegetables and rice... so a simple stirfry for breakfast with plenty of veggies, boiled eggs, seasoned with sesame seeds. Yes, that would do it!

Carrying the covered pot of warm breakfast, Satsuki searched the camp for the young Nezumi. "Chuchu? It's morning..."

While she did have important things to talk about with the ratling, it was best not to do so on an empty stomach. And growing children needed their food.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Chuchu

Re: Say My Name [D6, EM]

Post by Chuchu »

It takes some time for Satsuki to find the little shaman. Chuchu's made herself a little nest under the roots of a tree in the encampment, which someone helpfully points out when she calls for her.

Upon inspection it seems she dug a hole out under the tree and lined it with a blanket. She stirs as the Dragon approaches and streeeeetcheeeees, yawning like a cat as she straightens her back to stick her nose out of her hidey-hole.

"Mama?" As she peers up at the princess she blinks the sleep out of her eyes. It takes a moment for her to realize who Satsuki is, and then she clambers out to sit up, ears raised. "Moonbeam Burns Away the Night! Hi-hi!"
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Togashi Satsuki

Smiling without showing her teeth, Satsuki kneels down near the roots of the tree as she keeps in mind that her tall height might come off as intimidating to the little ratling. "Hi-hi," she responds back with a warm chuckle and a wave of her hand. The other squeaks and cute sounds wasn't something she was able to make out.

The other hand holds forth a bowl of warm food. "Hungry, little one?"
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:04 am
"Hungry, little one?"
Oh, she brought her some food! Chuchu's nose goes into overdrive as she creeps forward to sniff out its scent. Eggs... and rice..? And other things... with another stretch she stands to meet Satsuki eye-to-eye. "Yeshh!" She half-whistles before holding out her hands to take the offered food. As a well-loved child, she's used to adults caring for her well-being, and it makes her feel right at home. Her tail wags as she starts to purr.

Togashi Satsuki

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:12 am
As a well-loved child, she's used to adults caring for her well-being, and it makes her feel right at home. Her tail wags as she starts to purr.
The bowl exchanges hands, and she can't help but to feel all fluffy and warm on the inside watching the small ratling's reactions. Carefully she points out the various foods in the bowl, placing their description in human-words to Chuchu. "Eggs, rice, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, carrots, cabbage, eggplant. Sesame seeds. I hope you can eat these?" she asks, very uncertain of nezumi diet.
Theme | Profile

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:23 am
"Eggs, rice, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, carrots, cabbage, eggplant. Sesame seeds. I hope you can eat these?"
Listening intently, Chuchu does her best to work over each word, turning them around with her mouth; they whistle and chirp and chatter, their pronunciation almost bird-like. It seems to delight her, though -- it's a fun puzzle, putting the words together. "Egshh, r'shh, bm'boo shoot'shh, war'tr shesht'nuts'shh, shesh... shesht..." She cheeps. Aww. Chuchu picks up a carrot and nibbles on it as she waits for correction.

Togashi Satsuki

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:35 am
She cheeps. Aww. Chuchu picks up a carrot and nibbles on it as she waits for correction.
"Close enough," the Dragon woman laughs. It was too hard to correct someone so small and cute. "It's probably very hard to say for you, but you'll get the hang of it someday. When you go back home, you'll have learned to speak just like humans do."

Very carefully, Satsuki reaches out a hand to gently pat Chuchu on the head, if the little shaman would let her. Her fur looks so soft... "You'll need to eat and be strong for the day. Our great ritual to seal away the Rot is almost done, it just needs your special magic."
Theme | Profile

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:41 am
"You'll need to eat and be strong for the day. Our great ritual to seal away the Rot is almost done, it just needs your special magic."
Her fur is very soft, though a little bit of dirt roughens its texture -- even with the blanket she's couldn't help getting messy from her night under the roots. She starts to eat earnestly, listening to Satsuki...

Oh.

Oops.

Shoulda done that first, you silly goose, that's the smart thing to do. Chuchu offers up the bowl back to Satsuki with one hand as she whispers into the other. A glow later and she squeaks, "Sorry sorry! How can I help?"

[D6EM] NAMEBOUND spell Name Talent: Rokugani Language 4, 3 raises for 4 hours. | 8k5 ⇒ 41 (TN: 30)

Togashi Satsuki

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:29 am
Shoulda done that first, you silly goose, that's the smart thing to do. Chuchu offers up the bowl back to Satsuki with one hand as she whispers into the other. A glow later and she squeaks, "Sorry sorry! How can I help?"
Oh no! The poor little thing had dirt in her fur! Unable to help herself, Satsuki starts to brush away the dirt with her nimble fingers. Maybe she should offer Chuchu to use her tent to sleep in... it would at least keep the dirt off of her, and she'd be safely inside the wards as well.

"Oh, I have done as much as I can for elemental magic for the ritual. But since the Enemy is of Dream and Rot, maybe your magic might offer more to it? To really drive the Rot away from the Dream?"
Theme | Profile

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:37 am
"Oh, I have done as much as I can for elemental magic for the ritual. But since the Enemy is of Dream and Rot, maybe your magic might offer more to it? To really drive the Rot away from the Dream?"
"Yes! I had considered that," She answers, chitter-purring from the grooming. "That that would be good!" Chuchu picks a sesame seed from the bowl. Regarding it a moment, it's pinched into nonexistence then reformed, a little glowing star in its place by the next half-second. Chuchu pops the blessing in her mouth and swallows. Its light shining down her throat, to her belly, before disappearing in a swirl. "Show me what you have and I'll figure out what I can do." She starts to eat in earnest as she waits.

[D6EM] Name Magic: Bless Name | 7k4 ⇒ 47 (TN: 10) SUCCESS

Togashi Satsuki

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:14 am
"Show me what you have and I'll figure out what I can do." She starts to eat in earnest as she waits.
Nezumi magic was fascinating to watch, and Satsuki can't help but wonder if the nezumi felt the same when they saw the magic humans performed.

"Of course. Just a second." The grooming unfortunately had to be paused now, as she reaches into her satchel to retrieve the impressive scroll... or rather, interconnected scrolls. It was a bit heavy to carry around, but she didn't like the thought of leaving it unattended.

The scroll unrolls, revealing gorgeous paintings of the guardian animals; white tiger, black tortoise, azure dragon, and vermillion bird. As well as humans of various shapes and form fighting against darkness. Each section of the scroll was also written with excellent calligraphy, making each symbol elaborate and beautiful. The text told of brave heroes battling the corruption, to protect the dreams and living realm. And interwoven into the stories were magical prayers that a shugenja at least would recognise as spells. Chuchu's sharp nose could probably sense jade mixed into the ink, as well as Naraku's scent.

"It's quite the work. Alone it would have taken too long to do it all, but with everyone working together we've been able to make it happen so quickly..."
Theme | Profile

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:28 pm
"It's quite the work. Alone it would have taken too long to do it all, but with everyone working together we've been able to make it happen so quickly..."
Chuchu's eyes take on a strange shine while she examines their work -- as if reflecting a meteor shower. The world slows to a crawl as she raises a hand to pass it over each scroll.

As she does so she draws forth a vibrant glow onto the parchment that simmers and sparks to life. Its scenes change. Half-symbol, half-real nezumi join the men below, arms raised upwards to the stars that burst into existence above both on the page. Everything her magic adds is bright and shining with the intensity of something more Real than reality itself, vibrant thrumming so potent it can be physically felt the closer one leans towards it -- and it does not dim or fade even when Chuchu sits back to admire her work.

"You need need need Name for this," She finally breaks the silence. "You humans are corruptible. Your magic is, too. Bring this scroll to my people every three years, and we will purify and strengthen its Name for you. Do this, and peace will return to your dreams and your people." The shaman nods, satisfied, and wags her tail.

[D6EM] Name Lore TN 20, three called raises for special effect. Bless Name active for failure re-roll. +1k1 Name point to protect the Dreaming. | 10k4 ⇒ 61 (TN: 35)
"Incorruptible" added to the scrolls' Names.

Togashi Satsuki

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:13 pm
"You need need need Name for this," She finally breaks the silence. "You humans are corruptible. Your magic is, too. Bring this scroll to my people every three years, and we will purify and strengthen its Name for you. Do this, and peace will return to your dreams and your people." The shaman nods, satisfied, and wags her tail.
Satsuki watches in amazement as Chuchu adds her personal touch to the work, marrying elemental and name magic together to complete the teamwork they all had contributed to.

"Thank you. I hope our people will continue to be friends, to keep this evil locked away," she nods, admiring the work along with Chuchu. "What sort of name would you give it, since you know the strength of names better?"
Theme | Profile