Hiruma Naraku

Re: I bet there is only good things inside the Shrine. [Day 3, LA]

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"It is an ominous finding," he sentenced. "We have only found dreamstone as being jade that has been corrupted, and even in places with high corruption jade takes time to fully corruption and even then it is through small jade fingers that spoil."

"We are talking about possible a whole mine that got corrupted. Just how much corruption is inside that place?" he looked at both of them. "We need to seal off that cave and purify it."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

“You said there was water at the bottom?” She asked.

“Closing the cave most likely won’t stop it from leaking out unless you can fill in all the holes you can’t see too.”

“Water finds its way through stone quite easy.”
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"Oh you're absolutely right. If such was the case I'd recommend a cave-in," he admits. "We need priests to go into that cave and purify it or in the very least place purity wards to keep the corruption contained."

"The corruption had seeped outside, the place was surrounded by blooming flowers."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

"I wonder..." Reo ponders. "Time." He drums a finger on his chin. "Both of you, what do corruption or dreams have to do with flowers blooming? Directly, not necessarily corruptive features. And what does it do with memories? If this lode is what the river has been seeping, then how does Jigoku affect those?"

"Naraku-san, Jigoku's venture into Yume Do began only maybe twenty-five years ago. We see dreamstone as the end result of our jade depleting, but we've only observed it in the past few years. You are speaking of a massive deposit beneath the ground. You might have found a large deposit of untainted stone."

"The river itself does not have any taint to it as is. I know, I stuck jade into the water. Animals that drink of it, even with powdered Dreamstone don't know signs of Taint."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"That might be, but it is not a risk I am willing to take," he retorted. "We have only seen environmental taint, in Ningen Do, causing the depletion of jade. We have no idea if there could be other factors that account for such an incredible increase in corruption of jade."

"I will not wager the souls of everyone here on the off chance I might be wrong," he sentenced. "If we do in fact realize it is uncorrupted dreamstone then that is a different conversation that we should have."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo nods. "There are tests to perform. If it is indeed corrupted, it's quite dangerous. If not, it's a weapon."
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Kumori remained quiet during the discussion. Simply listening to the more inquisitive types talk.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

"I agree, but we should hold onto that. Tomorrow I will convene to present the outcomes of the scouting mission," he replied. "We will see what we do."