Wu Zhe

Re: The Last Respite [D7, LA, The Grounds; Thunders+Nozomi]

Post by Wu Zhe »

He nods

''What about the draught we receive after the effigy ritual? Think it could help?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:03 pm
"You are the best thing to ever happen to me Ai"
She was a Crane so this statement was objectively true. She responded, "Good, now I have no regrets."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage tried to ignore the lovebird statements while not ignoring anything important.

Still, would be nice to have Kumori here.

Well, it would be nice to have more people here, but apparently fate decided nine was enough to take on a god corrupting a whole realm and looking for another to fight with.

He walked toward the Shrine a bit more. He didn't know it, but any observations about the approach and what could be guarding it would be pointless, but he started to study it anyway.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:18 pm
He nods

''What about the draught we receive after the effigy ritual? Think it could help?''
Her eyes went wide and she shook her head. "Maybe, but you risk corruption by drinking it."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

The figure of Nozomi floated amongst those who were present, a haunted look in her eyes as she continued to gaze forward. She said nothing about the task that was at hand, not unless they spoke to her. But she was here, her lips set in a perpetual frown and her countenance grave.

"Take heart," she said softly to those present. "We are not alone in this fight. You are not alone in this fight. I can only imagine the fear that must have lurked in the heart of those who faced the Champion in ages long past. They have stood, and you will stand." She sounded confident in that at the very least.

Then, after a moment, she breathed in, and then out, offering to anyone whose chi seemed to be in need of replenishing her assistance.

(OOC: Nozomi will use To the Last Breath to replenish +1 Void Point to anyone in need before entering the final encounter. Let me know if you're requesting the void point. She will renew Hotei's Belly before entering the final battle.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nozomi wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:36 pm
The figure of Nozomi floated amongst those who were present, a haunted look in her eyes as she continued to gaze forward. She said nothing about the task that was at hand, not unless they spoke to her. But she was here, her lips set in a perpetual frown and her countenance grave.

"Take heart," she said softly to those present. "We are not alone in this fight. You are not alone in this fight. I can only imagine the fear that must have lurked in the heart of those who faced the Champion in ages long past. They have stood, and you will stand." She sounded confident in that at the very least.
"Thank you, Little Teacher," she responded.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:39 pm
"Thank you, Little Teacher," she responded.
She sighed and shook her head, glancing at Ai with the saddest, most sympathetic look on her face. "You will all start calling me that, won't you?" She almost hoped she didn't survive the day. She could not express how painful that title might be. "Very well. I can't stop you. But please... please include the little always. He was always my teacher after all. I am but the Student."
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"As you say Little Teacher, I am thankful for your presence," she responded kindly.

Bayushi Norikage

"Just walking up here took courage, let alone witnessing what's to come. I'm glad we're all here", Norikage said. He turned around and bowed to the others. "Question though, what is our priority? Who needs protection, who will face the enemy head on?"

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

"I can throw myself at him. Present the biggest target," she nodded at the question, punctuating the statement by tapping her bisento shaft into the ground.

"We have a score to settle."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"Even with my mother's spear, I will be of little use in direct combat with anything." Nao said. "I have asked the air spirits to watch over me, however. They will give me some additional protection."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Matsu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:56 pm
"I can throw myself at him. Present the biggest target," she nodded at the question, punctuating the statement by tapping her bisento shaft into the ground.

"We have a score to settle."
"Good, I will get in close and utilize my Father's stance to end the threat," she added.

Bayushi Norikage

He nodded. "So Matsu-sama and Nanzai-sama will go ahead, Akodo-san will you stand with them? I can attack at opportunity, I prefer to be in the middle so I can help the others behind us if necessary, or use an opening created by all of you to deal a harsh blow."

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

"Of course." Kenji replied as if it wasn't even a question. "My place is at the fore with them." He replied, motioning towards the two women.

He had made note that the Woman known as Chouri had gifted them with corrupted fruit but made no mention of it. It would do no good at all this far into things.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Otaku is quiet as usual, leading Tsubame rather than riding him up the steep slope, although the clever beast seems to find the terrain easy enough. As the others stop to talk, she pauses to extract a wizened winter apple from a saddle pouch and offer it to the horse.

"While this one is alive beneath me, I can move fast and strike fast," she offers now. Then a resigned shrug, and an apologetic pat on his nose. "If he falls before I do, I'll fight on my feet."
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Bayushi Norikage

Otaku wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:22 pm
"While this one is alive beneath me, I can move fast and strike fast," she offers now. Then a resigned shrug, and an apologetic pat on his nose. "If he falls before I do, I'll fight on my feet."
Norikage gave the Otaku a confident nod. "No doubt. Our strikes need be truest today though, if you see the moment where your speed will be of the most use take it. I don't imagine any of us could make use of your talents better than you."

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

"It's a good strategy," Nozomi could admit while her gaze turned back to the others, her head cocking very slightly. "Be ready to improvise. He will almost certainly be able to see around some strategies. The ... thing will have his knowledge."

Canary

Post by Canary »

[This post has disappeared into the timestream]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:11 pm

Tadaka approached the group. But there is one man he wants to see. "Genji." He remained confident that his brother would be successful and come back alive. How could he not? He was Genji. But still he was at a lost of words.
Genji turned towards his brother, a wide smile on his face. "Tada-kun." He extended an arm to embrace his brother. "I can't believe....we have a lot of catch up to do. After we finish this."
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

''Can we dream a horse into being?'' the farmer asked ''That sounds like a good option...how about a flying horse?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade