Canary

The Last Respite [D7, LA, The Grounds; Thunders+Nozomi]

Post by Canary »

The fog finally parted. You made your way up the winding staircase up what might as well be a mountain now unmolested by the Harbinger thanks to those distracting her. The shrine and the grounds are shrouded in night. The area is above the fog now, and the moon and stars illuminate the area in soft silver, revealing a recently refurbished shrine, stately and beautiful, towering well above your heads. Behind and above the shrine, a waterfall flows down from the peak without a source, sparkling in the dim light and creaking a gently babbling stream nearby. It truly looks the part of the home of a god. Despite the storm already having broke and the clear air, you feel enormous pressure from the shrine itself, and lantern light illuminates the inside, though you can’t see far in.

The Champion of Yume-Jigoku awaits. This may be your last chance to say anything to those present before you face your destiny.

[This is an RP Thread]
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Re: The Last Respite [D7, LA, The Grounds; Thunders+Nozomi]

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Nanzi Ai checked her gear one last time and then looked upwards to destiny.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao stood beside her, making sure her own things were secure. She wasn't carrying much. Her wakizashi and a small knife were tucked into her obi. A small satchel with some scrolls hung from a shoulder. The jade pine cone was still hanging from a cord around her neck. Her mother's spear was in her hands. San was far away.

"I think I'm ready."
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

Matsu had arrived early to be gathered. She was on her knees, her bisento and helmet before her. Eyes closed, she was breathing in deeply, as she focused herself, and was saying a prayer.

"Lord Bishamon, it is seldom I pray to you. I am no poet, no priest. This is no mere fight between tribes or clans. This is a battle for the world, for all of Rokugan. Who we are is unimportant. All that matters is that nine stood against the Champion of Jigoku. That's what's important. Strength pleases you, Bishamon, so grant me one request. Grant me HONOR! And if you do not listen, then to JIGOKU with you!" She bowed deeply after finishing her prayer, an old Noriaki ritual that Yamadono had taught her, blended with words that were new.

She slowly stood, placing her helmet atop her head, looking to the others, her hand gripping the bisento tightly, her daisho at her side.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai gave respect to Bishamon as well, it was well said.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao followed the example with a simple prayer.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji was near the other's though for the moment all on his own, murmuring something to himself, probably a prayer all things considered. He has armored, and his daisho was at his side with his bow and quiver of arrows on his back. He was quite unsure if he would need it, but he'd brought it anyways, as it paid to be prepared.

After a few moments he moved to join the rest of the group, his gaze flicking to Matsu for a moment. "Do we curse at him and see if he comes out?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Genji stood there, clad in arms and armor, frowning.

"My father faced Jigoku itsef once. It seems to run in the famiy." He flashed a mirthess smile. "I am not sure Akodo-san. What if we burn the shrine down perhaps? Would that do anything?"
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku was there as well, clad in his battle finery, his gaze moved through the assembled silently.

"Let us remain calm. It will come regardless. It wants to peacock their power and show us just how stronger their champion is than us," his tone was calm as he stiffed a yawn. "It's all the same to me. We will win tonight. No other outcome possible."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Hantei Genji wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:24 am
Genji stood there, clad in arms and armor, frowning.

"My father faced Jigoku itsef once. It seems to run in the famiy." He flashed a mirthess smile. "I am not sure Akodo-san. What if we burn the shrine down perhaps? Would that do anything?"
"It would be amusing to try and burn it out." Kenji mused as he looked at the shrine. "Though I do wonder if it would actually burn in this place, or if the creature inside would somehow manage to snuff it out?"

"There really isn't any way to know for sure without trying." He shook his head and chuckled. "Though that's probably not on the agenda for this evening."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

"We do battle with the Champion, that is how this ends," she said calmly.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Wu Zhe had arrived in silence, quielty meditating to still his thoughts before destiny. After prayers to the ancestors and the fortunes he looked at the ring of reeds he now wore on his finger.

That brought him more certainty then anything else.

Readjusting his armor for a second her sharpened his dragon spear, waiting for the inevitable
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Nao looked around at everyone, considering whatever other preparations she could make. She sat down pulled a small medicine kit from her satchel and set it in front of her. Then, she drew her small knife and cut herself. The blood rose into the air as she whispered and dissipated as it swirled around her.

Satisfied with the result, she carefully bandaged the wound.

- - -
The Last Respite [D7, LA, The Grounds; Thunders+Nozomi], Casting Air Kami's Blessing, Airl ML 3, Chuchu FR to Reduce TN, Spellcraft Mastery, 3 wounds | 7k3 ⇒ 31 (TN: 15)

The Last Respite [D7, LA, The Grounds; Thunders+Nozomi], Treating Wounds, Medicine/Intelligence | 4k3 ⇒ 23 (TN: 15)

The Last Respite [D7, LA, The Grounds; Thunders+Nozomi], Wounds Treated | 1k1 ⇒ 9

Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

While they prepared, she found a stone to sit and took her shamisen and started playing soft song, it made her relax and she felt the moment needed melody. Once the prayer was done she tuned her shamisen and began playing, and sang, “We passed upon the stair, We spoke of was and when… Although I wasn't there, He said I was his friend, Which came as a surprise… I spoke into his eyes, I thought you died alone… A long, long time ago.”

“Oh no, not me, We never lost control… You're face to face, With the man who sold the world!” she sang.

Ai continued, “I laughed and shook hand, And made my way back home… I searched for form and land, For years and years I roamed… dream a dreamless stare, We walked a million hills… I must have died alone, A long, long time ago…”

“Who knows? Not me, I never lost control… You're face to face, With the man who sold the world. Who knows? Not me, We never lost control… You're face to face, With the man who sold the world!” she finished.

OOC: Lucid Dreaming | 3k3 ⇒ 10 (TN: 20), Shamisen | 5k3 ⇒ 20, and Singing | 4k3 ⇒ 21.

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage wasn't looking forward to this in a traditional sense, but in his own way he was excited. Possibly terrified.

That didn't matter though. Who wouldn't be? Though everyone here was acting quite brave so he figured he may as well continue the trend. He made sure the cords on his armor were tightened. He didn't know if they would matter against what they faced, but it wouldn't slow him down and in case it did, well it was a nice to have.

His sword as well, would it cut a god or whatever this thing was? He hoped so, he'd hate to have to try and talk it to death.

"Well, I hope you all have said what needs to be said before now", he told the others. "It looks like the time for it's going to pass when we go into the shrine."
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri, now Wu Dai Lu, stood away from the group, close to the stairs leading down to the village, holding her burden of four scrolls in a satchel at her side, contemplating the mist that had closed behind them quietly. This was it.
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Zhe detached himself from the group to reach his wife, Dai Lu.

''The hour is near...do you think we can save Shinsei?''
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:01 pm
"Well, I hope you all have said what needs to be said before now", he told the others. "It looks like the time for it's going to pass when we go into the shrine."
She nodded at that.
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:52 am
Naraku was there as well, clad in his battle finery, his gaze moved through the assembled silently.

"Let us remain calm. It will come regardless. It wants to peacock their power and show us just how stronger their champion is than us," his tone was calm as he stiffed a yawn. "It's all the same to me. We will win tonight. No other outcome possible."
“Agreed, Naraku-kun, there can only be victory no matter the outcome. Know before we charge into battle, you have my deep affection and the favor of myself and my Honored Mother.”

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:51 pm
“Agreed, Naraku-kun, there can only be victory no matter the outcome. Know before we charge into battle, you have my deep affection and the favor of myself and my Honored Mother.”
Naraku blushed at her words but this time did not stammer or fidget. "And you have mine Ai-can," he cooed, smiling at the woman that had become the catalyst of his redemption. "We will make our future after today."

"You are the best thing to ever happen to me Ai"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:46 pm
Zhe detached himself from the group to reach his wife, Dai Lu.

''The hour is near...do you think we can save Shinsei?''
She looked to the side, toward him. "Saving him... I don't know. I hope you can."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary