Shinsei

D7 LA-LE, Heaven or Hell

Post by Shinsei »

A rumbling crack sounds thorough the air, and the shrine itself seems to expand and contort, drawing the gathered thunders inside its walls. A strange mix of sights awaits, as the pillars holding up the roof apear to pierce into the open sky. The interior has expanded to the size of a battlefield.

At the center of the shrine is Shinsei, standing with what might seem like an aloof posture at a distance, head raised to the sky. Approaching reveals the truth. His shoulders are not relaxed, but drooping as if from weight. Knees that appear at the ready shake from the battle with weariness, and it is impossible to tell if he looks up because he wants to, or because he cannot raise his head. The voice that emanates from him is somber, conveying a sense of resignation that chills the hearts of those that once heard it espouse the virtues of man.

"So dry today. I cannot close my eyes, for then I might sleep. But I can scarcely keep them open, with how withered they feel. I have no tears to spare, strengthening myself with a moment of weakness. Even the skies above deny me respite, shading away the sun but refusing to weep for the fate that has befallen me. Maybe it does not care. Maybe it is right not to..."

Finally Shinsei is able to lower his gaze, taking in the sight of those that stand before him.

"Please tell me, was I wrong all this time?"
Monk | Ascetic | Enlightened

Honor: 8.0, Status: 1.0, Glory: 5.0

Run by GM Bakuriel

Bakuriel

Re: D7 LA-LE, Heaven or Hell

Post by Bakuriel »

There will be a brief period of RP before the fight begins.
AGM | Birb | Chonky | Floooooofy | Sub-Contractor of Horror | Experienced?

I charge by the anxiety attack.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai approached with her mask in place and said, “Where is the Champion of Yume-Jigoku, reveal yourself.”
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei »

"The champion still claws at the last barrier holding it in place. It will stand here... when my will fails me."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

She looked to her allies and then back to Shinsei with calm but kind words, "Soon you can rest, and we shall carry this burden forward."
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"We can lend you our will, if it will keep it locked away." Nao said. "Otherwise, we find another way."

She drew her knife again. She had one more preparation in mind.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Naraku looks at Shinsei, a tinge of sadness marring his otherwise stalwart glance.

"Little Te-" he shakes his head "Shinsei. I think we have been through too much to be using honorifics," he smiles before continuing. "You do not know me Shinsei. You did not summon me here. I came because my instincts told me to come here."

"I was not a good man," he gives a passing glance to Ai before focusing on Shinsei. "I was a barely a man, waging a personal war based on the wrong reasons. My path would have led me nowhere but to my doom had I not listened to your words during the first day I arrived here. In that sense you did make me arrive here at this moment."

"Thanks to your words I have reconsidered a lot, analysed my past actions to better improve myself. Reconsidered Bushido," this time the glance to Ai was longer and came with a smile. "One of the tenants I used to scoff at was the tenant of Compassion. How could I have compassion for my enemies?" he shook his head. "Now I understand. Compassion is not weakness. Compassion is sometimes knowing that a life must be cut short in order to redeem the soul. To save a great man."

"My name is Hiruma Naraku and you may call me Naraku. I did not come here because of you but because of you I started my path towards redemption. For that I will always be grateful," Naraku bowed deeply to the monk. "Allow me please, this day, to extend you the tenant of Compassion."
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Dai Lu

Post by Wu Dai Lu »

Chouri stood at the back of the group, holding the four scrolls. She thought she might understand a little how he was feeling. "... I can promise that I will fulfill my part. It won't escape."
Heimin | Village Headwoman | Tattooed | Friendly

Played by GM Canary

Shinsei

Post by Shinsei »

Shinsei glanced between those that spoke too him, fixing his eyes on each in turn. He blinked, once, and the effort to open them again drained him visibly. "Your words are kind, but also sting. Here at the greatest test of Compassion, we must all give the most in order to receive the least." He sighed heavily. "Waste no effort trying to save me. I was struck down years ago, when I first lost sleep over the approach of this day. I am only now finally bled dry."

Run by GM Bakuriel

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Everyone had a lot of words, but the shift into the temple without entering it had taken his. How the hell are they pretending to be so damn calm?

He looked around the temple grounds, trying to find where the enemy would come from. Then his eyes settled on Shinsei when the monk spoke of his will failing, how the Harbinger would stand before them. He shook his head. Poor bastard, probably the worst of our fates.

He drew his blade and focused. The dream was all around them and he had few words for this. The fact that he was here said enough. He had to be ready if he was going to have a chance at helping and getting out of there. He backed away towards Chouri and let out a breath.

"He's giving us a little time", he said quietly to the other Thunders. "Let's not waste it and prepare for the moment."
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

It was Zhe's turn to speak. If they came here to win, then they would not settle for a pyrrhic victory .

''You might have been struck down years ago, Shinsei, but that matters little. It is the nature of man to fall and pick ourselves back up, again and again. It is our weakness but our strength."

He sought the little teacher's eyes

''And most important of all: you are not alone here but it is. We are stronger together, believe in us and believe in yourself.''

Mercy starts at home
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

"And if you can't believe in yourself. Believe in... those who deeply care for you." Matsu would piggy back off of Zhe, holding her bisento, quite relaxed. At peace with everything in the universe.

"Fight it, if you can. But we will do what must be done."
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Genji frowned. "Is that why you brought usbhere?" He shook his head. "Be strong Shinsei sensei. This isn't you."

His stance was wary.

" I see it you, struggling to break free. I see clearly."
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

"It is our turn to bleed." Nao said. She looked to the other Thunders. "I can ask the earth to aid us, to strengthen our wills, but to do so for all of us, will require sacrifice from all of us."

- - -
Nao will be casting Earth's Touch as a ritual, to increase Willpower by one for two hours (with her own raises). Anyone who wishes to participate will take two wounds.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder

Accompanied By| San

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kenji really didn't know Shinsei, though he could tell from his words that the man's fate had been sealed years ago. He glanced towards the Scorpion and nodded as he drew his blade.

If it was fate that brought them here, it was Shinsei's fate to fall. It was their job to give him the final rest he deserved, and not let evil make a pawn of him for a thousand years.

Nao got a nod from Kenji as she spoke though, and he used the drawn edge of the sword to shed the blood required.

(Takes 2 wounds)
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ai added her blood to the ritual.

OOC: 2 wounds suffered.

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Norikage stepped up. If he could get help that would make him more useful, he wouldn't pass it up.

"Ryoshun-san, you do your kin credit.". He bowed in thanks.

(Will suffer 2 wounds)
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Shinsei wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:15 pm
Shinsei glanced between those that spoke too him, fixing his eyes on each in turn. He blinked, once, and the effort to open them again drained him visibly. "Your words are kind, but also sting. Here at the greatest test of Compassion, we must all give the most in order to receive the least." He sighed heavily. "Waste no effort trying to save me. I was struck down years ago, when I first lost sleep over the approach of this day. I am only now finally bled dry."
Nozomi stepped forward, her hands resting on her hips, where the old tonfa remained as they had since before the day the two had first met. Her eyes looked at him, rimmed with red and tears. When she spoke, her voice cracked and then she offered him a small, dark smile. "I was never a good student. It's ironic that I should be the one who led them to you, but I did learn one secret you had to give. You were not the only one who could see their potential. The darkness was wrong to assume. They... will do what they must."

She swallowed, looking at Nao. "It is not my place to intervene further. Make your preparations while you have the precious seconds. I will grieve the blow that has already been done to us all." She gazed at him solemnly and nodded, mouthing the words 'I will not allow it to have her.'

(OOC: It is my understanding that Nozomi is not to participate in this conflict. She plays the role of "Shinsei" or the "Hooded Ronin" here, but does not participate in the conflict.)
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Accompanied By| San

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

OOC: Genji will tske 2 wounds if I srill can? No probbs if not
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0