Otaku

Re: GM Questions

Post by Otaku »

Event query: is that Earth roll meant for resisting corruption (i.e. does Jade or other relevant stuff apply)?

If not, is it poison or disease? For the folks with Jurojin's Blessing/Curse and similar.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

I am guessing we do.

But do we take the roll if we aren't eating?
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:55 pm
I am guessing we do.

Interested in this one. Naraku has cause not to eat the food due to discovering that the Dreamstone was Corrupted jade, so he is very wary about eating anything they offer.

Would we still have to do the roll?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otaku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:49 pm
Event query: is that Earth roll meant for resisting corruption (i.e. does Jade or other relevant stuff apply)?

If not, is it poison or disease? For the folks with Jurojin's Blessing/Curse and similar.
It is something that Jurojin's Blessing/Curse would apply to.
Akodo Kenji wrote:
I am guessing we do.

No.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:03 pm
Otaku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:49 pm

It is something that Jurojin's Blessing/Curse would apply to.
Akodo Kenji wrote:
I am guessing we do.

No.
That said, if you don't eat/roll, you will get a +5 penalty to all Social Rolls with the villagers.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Is it retroactive? Or if we rolled it is too late?

Also can it be offset by a social roll? Not asking for me since I still have disturbing countenance.

Or could we hide the fact we are not eating? Like a roll to make it seem as if we were eating
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Could a shugenja possibly do an off camera heal roll for Yukara? I don't want to tie them down for a thread if they are busy, but a little healing would be useful for her if she's going to attempt mighty earth rolls.

If not, totally ok, just was curious.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:12 pm

Or could we hide the fact we are not eating? Like a roll to make it seem as if we were eating
Seconding these questions.

And, in reference to the latter, I presume it'd be something like Acting or Sincerity (Deceit)?

Edited to add: or Sleight of Hand (like disposing of broccol by feeding it to the dog)?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:12 pm

Also can it be offset by a social roll? Not asking for me since I still have disturbing countenance.

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:17 pm
Seconding these questions.

And, in reference to the latter, I presume it'd be something like Acting or Sincerity (Deceit)?

Edited to add: or Sleight of Hand (like disposing of broccol by feeding it to the dog)?
If you rolled, you rolled. Nom nom.

You're surrounded by people, so you'll need a pretty epic roll for them not to notice. Call it TN 40 for Stealth of Sleight of Hand.

If they catch you, that will make them more annoyed.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:14 pm
Could a shugenja possibly do an off camera heal roll for Yukara? I don't want to tie them down for a thread if they are busy, but a little healing would be useful for her if she's going to attempt mighty earth rolls.

If not, totally ok, just was curious.
Nope. Healing another PC should be on screen.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:16 pm
You're surrounded by people, so you'll need a pretty epic roll for them not to notice. Call it TN 40 for Stealth of Sleight of Hand.

If they catch you, that will make them more annoyed.
Now I'm kinda tempted. Do we get a bonus for going above 10 dice rolled? I can never find it in the books.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Every 2 dice becomes 1 kept.

At 10k10, they translate into static +2 bonuses per die.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:40 am
Every 2 dice becomes 1 kept.

At 10k10, they translate into static +2 bonuses per die.
Thanks!
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:07 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:54 am
"... I'm about to see something urgent."
The vision hit him like a boulder dropped off a 200 foot cliff.

Him, and everyone near him.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:50 am
snip
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:17 am
snip
Han-Hei wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:02 am
snip
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:43 am
snip
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:53 am
snip
Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:38 pm
snip
Pain spikes as you suddenly see the world shifting around, molded like clay in the hands of a skilled sculptor. Yet there is something consistent in the midst of it. A statue of a tall woman made of stone, dressed in dark blue armor. She stands as a bulwark against the shifting world, protecting eight vaguely human-shaped shadows behind her of far less defined attributes.

Then it ends and you're back in the hearth room.
Does it affect everyone in the Hearth Room, or just those mentioned?

And in case I see the vision. Is the color Crab dark blue?

Kai

Post by Kai »

*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo is going to be helping with constructing defenses, but while he is at it, is there anything like the Supernatural style demon/angel traps that he could whip up? Maybe not a perfect defense, but something that would be a spiritual threshold?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:22 am
Does it affect everyone in the Hearth Room, or just those mentioned?

And in case I see the vision. Is the color Crab dark blue?
It's within a certain radius of Sora. If you're there and want to see it, you can.

And yes.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:08 pm
Reo is going to be helping with constructing defenses, but while he is at it, is there anything like the Supernatural style demon/angel traps that he could whip up? Maybe not a perfect defense, but something that would be a spiritual threshold?
That would be ward spells.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:07 pm
snip
Is the face of the statue familiar?

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:10 pm
Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:07 pm
snip
Is the face of the statue familiar?
You can't see it.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Another question but regarding the expedition.

What are the skill rolls for locating spots perfect for ambushes and to place signaling traps?