Otomo Akutou

Re: GM Questions

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Subject: Event #1: Sleep Paralysis
Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:54 pm
[This event is open to those who failed the D2 Sleep Event or the Earth Roll at the Feast. Or both.]

The world is silent. You can't really hear anything. You can see, though.

Unfortunately.

Something leers out at you from the darkest corner of the room. You can't see it clearly, but something tells you that it's there. Maybe... it's the slightest reflection off of eyes. It's when you think that that it starts to lean out and you see its true nature.

Except you can't escape. You can't even move. Your body is still asleep as you helplessly watch this thing approach...

Rules: Each player, please make a separate thread for your event and rolls. Like the previous event, there will be three separate rolls. The player may choose any attribute to roll to try and dismiss the apparition and get some sleep. The TNs will be 25, 30, and 35.

Please note in your thread which event you are doing. You may only do one.
Would Jade apply here?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:37 pm

Would Jade apply here?
Mm... I'm going to say no just because it's something that isn't present in Ningen-do.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:39 pm
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:37 pm

Would Jade apply here?
Mm... I'm going to say no just because it's something that isn't present in Ningen-do.
So it isn't a corruption effect?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:50 pm
The rolls you are making are not to resist corruption, no. It's just to sleep properly.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:53 pm
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:50 pm
The rolls you are making are not to resist corruption, no. It's just to sleep properly.
Another question, how does the event affect those of us that did the improptu event? I believe the Crab Camp and the Imperial Camp are warded but would that mean that the event was done at Enrou's house? Or was it in Reo's tent?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:55 pm
Another question, how does the event affect those of us that did the improptu event? I believe the Crab Camp and the Imperial Camp are warded but would that mean that the event was done at Enrou's house? Or was it in Reo's tent?
Oh. Those who do that event don't have to do the standard D3 event.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Just to be sure, someone who hasn't showed up for the evening event probably also does the 'unexpected visitor' event, right?

And I'm assuming also gets a -5 TN to social rolls with locals?
Thanks!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:08 pm
Just to be sure, someone who hasn't showed up for the evening event probably also does the 'unexpected visitor' event, right?

And I'm assuming also gets a -5 TN to social rolls with locals?
Thanks!
Yes to both.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:54 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:09 pm
Just to clarify to make sure I'm not freaking out over spring flowers in... well, spring. :D But we are in the end of winter, start of spring now?
We are at the end of winter. The world is only just starting to show hints of waking up - these are later spring flowers that shouldn't be in full bloom already.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:17 pm
Would it be possible, as part of a multi-part check, to build a prosthetic for Yukara?
It would be multi-part and high difficulty, but yes.
Off the top of my head wood working and Pottery/blacksmithing to make a basic frame and cast something that could hold a bisento pole, Engineering to fit the pieces together, Leatherworking to rig a harness and medicine to actually get it fit?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:00 am
Off the top of my head wood working and Pottery/blacksmithing to make a basic frame and cast something that could hold a bisento pole, Engineering to fit the pieces together, Leatherworking to rig a harness and medicine to actually get it fit?
Works for me.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Canary wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:34 am
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Works for me.
TN 30?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

I thought we explicitly didn't have a blacksmith forge and time and materials for big crafting projects this game? I swear I recall that from when people were asking about character concepts on Discord and somebody wanted to be a weaponsmith...
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:13 am
Canary wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:34 am
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Works for me.
TN 30?
Otaku wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:31 am
I thought we explicitly didn't have a blacksmith forge and time and materials for big crafting projects this game? I swear I recall that from when people were asking about character concepts on Discord and somebody wanted to be a weaponsmith...
Fuck, she's right. Yeah, I remember that. Still true. It would take multiple days, and you'd partway through the week.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:13 am
snip
That said, if she still lacks an arm post-game, you can do it after.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Rules: Each player, please make a separate thread for your event and rolls. Like the previous event, there will be three separate rolls. The player may choose any attribute to roll to try and dismiss the apparition and get some sleep. The TNs will be 25, 30, and 35.
Source

Attributes in 4th are Honor, Glory and Status. From what others have rolled, I suppose the intended meaning is "any Raw Trait or Ring"?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Echoing this conversation:

How enclosed by the forest is the village? Have there been any contact of any kind with the outside world since our arrival?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Does the river water by itself react with Jade? Testing here.

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 341#p11341

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:07 am
Echoing this conversation:

How enclosed by the forest is the village? Have there been any contact of any kind with the outside world since our arrival?
It's surrounded by forest. There has been no contact with the outside world, or any outside Realm except Yume-do. People come in once in a while, but no one has left.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Quick question!

The description of the spell Visions of the Future says it's been created by the Tonbo, so that would suggest it wouldn't exist at this point. It is the only 'ask about the future' spell other than a wildly powerful Rank 6 spell though, and it seems like the kind of thing that even tribal rituals would have attempted to do.

So the question is - does the spell exist in dawn? Possibly as a different version from the one later created by the Dragonfly? Or are Water spells to ask about the future a no go for now?

Thanks!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

What is the status of this village - timeline indicates that by now, everyone left in the territory of Rokugan acknowledges that Shiba is Emperor. If they don't, they already skipped town.
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7