Akodo Kenji

Re: GM Questions

Post by Akodo Kenji »

This is unlikely but I figured I might as well ask, since it's a bit different from your average event. We are using our will to change the dreams to our liking. So, if I'm changing my dream into a battle during the first part of the event. Could I benefit from Akodo rank 2 on the battle/willpower roll?"

Next question on the 3rd roll. Are bushi techs useable on the attack rolls?
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

I assume Benten's Blessing doesn't affect the social rolls for the sleep event but I figured I'd ask.
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:36 am
Also, at what point does the moon rise (and some of us have to make certain rolls)? :D
Might have gotten lost in the shuffle of all the questions. :)

EDIT: Also need to know if it interferes with the Sleep Event.
Last edited by Togashi Satsuki on Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Can craft be used in the second step of dream event on lieu of artisan or Lore?
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

You may make any roll to break free of the dream that makes sense with the form you chose in The Dream Shapes the Form
When it says any roll, does it mean any skill/trait combo, or ANY roll (e.g. damage, honor, intiative, ring etc...)

Also, is it an attack roll if we choose it, for techs that apply specifically to attack rolls via weapons and stuff, like Stag bushi 1?
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Do Emphasis apply for the Dream rolls if we can work that Emphasis into the description?
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Matsu

Post by Matsu »

If we choose to attack the darkness to wake up - can we FULL ATTACK the darkness?
Spider Clan | Bushi | Daimyo | Great Destiny | Amazonian | Bishamon smiles | Paragon of Courage | Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 7.0 | Status: 7.0
Carries: Daisho, Shakuhachi, Sturdy Clothing, Straw Hat, Fur Cloak
Danger: Bisento, Light Armor
Demonfucker Count: 7

Makime

Post by Makime »

Can we Tactician the Darkness?

If we are using the Battle skill.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

If Sakkaku is utterly failing to load for me.... can I get someone else to make my rolls?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

More general question on the Sleep Event:
Rolls:
The Will Shapes the Dream:
Success allows the character to move on to The Dream Shapes the Form, and each successful raise grants a Free Raise to The Form Shapes the Will.
Failure results in the character being lost in nightmares, and will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game.
So basically: Failing Roll 1 gives you a disadvantage AND prevents you from continuing. That much seems clear! Then:
The Dream Shapes the Form:
A Success here adds a Free Raise to The Form Shapes the World, plus an additional Free Raise for each Called or Free Raise made.
Failure means you do not get this bonus, but may move on to The Form Shapes the World.
This one I'm unsure about. With the may wording, I've originally thought you MAY decide to continue even if you fail, but ARE NOT REQUIRED to do so. Like... 'may', not 'must'.

With that reading, the "event map" would look like:
Roll 1
Fail = Cursed
Success => Go to Roll 2

Roll 2
Fail = Choose: Stop here OR go to Roll 3
Success = Go to Roll 3 with a bonus (or stop here? not sure)

Roll 3
Fail = Cursed
Success = Gain advantage.
So you'd basically have a way to be neither cursed nor get the advantage (if you stopped at Roll 2).

But others have read this as you 'having' to go on to the third roll even if you fail (reding 'may' as 'must', basically). So basically you'd either get cursed (if you failed roll 1 or roll 3) or get the advantage (if you succeed both roll 1 and roll 3).

So... which one is it? :D

Thanks!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Oh, and assuming I ever get near Sakkaku again, does Disturbing countenance apply to the use of a social skill in the dream roll?

EDIT: And since we're all throwing out techs and advantages willy-nilly, even if it's a long shot, does Clear Thinker apply at any stage?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Does ToTVD wear off when you fall asleep?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Sugri wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:45 pm
I'm guessing using social skills to impose will on the dream probably doesn't count as resisting a contested social skill/technique? Or a Fear effect?

(Pretty sure it's a no but you can't get what you don't ask for)
No, sadly.
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:53 pm
This is unlikely but I figured I might as well ask, since it's a bit different from your average event. We are using our will to change the dreams to our liking. So, if I'm changing my dream into a battle during the first part of the event. Could I benefit from Akodo rank 2 on the battle/willpower roll?"

Next question on the 3rd roll. Are bushi techs useable on the attack rolls?
If you're creating a fight, sure, no reason you can't.
Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:01 pm
I assume Benten's Blessing doesn't affect the social rolls for the sleep event but I figured I'd ask.
Correct.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:06 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:36 am
Also, at what point does the moon rise (and some of us have to make certain rolls)? :D
Might have gotten lost in the shuffle of all the questions. :)

EDIT: Also need to know if it interferes with the Sleep Event.
Sorry about that. Moon rises in the early evening, as the sun sets. Yes, it probably will.
Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:07 pm
If it's a craft that can be an artisan skill also, like cooking or something, yes. If it's something like farming or fishing, no.
Hantei Genji wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:11 pm
You may make any roll to break free of the dream that makes sense with the form you chose in The Dream Shapes the Form
When it says any roll, does it mean any skill/trait combo, or ANY roll (e.g. damage, honor, intiative, ring etc...)

Also, is it an attack roll if we choose it, for techs that apply specifically to attack rolls via weapons and stuff, like Stag bushi 1?
It means skill/trait combo.

Yes.
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:16 pm
Do Emphasis apply for the Dream rolls if we can work that Emphasis into the description?
Yes.
Matsu wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:26 pm
If we choose to attack the darkness to wake up - can we FULL ATTACK the darkness?
If you're going to attack the darkness, you have to use Magic Missile. (Yes, you can Full Attack.)
Makime wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:44 pm
Can we Tactician the Darkness?

If we are using the Battle skill.
Yes, if it's a battle.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:54 pm
If Sakkaku is utterly failing to load for me.... can I get someone else to make my rolls?
you should talk to Kaijarisuigyo.
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:00 pm
More general question on the Sleep Event:
Rolls:
The Will Shapes the Dream:
Success allows the character to move on to The Dream Shapes the Form, and each successful raise grants a Free Raise to The Form Shapes the Will.
Failure results in the character being lost in nightmares, and will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game.
So basically: Failing Roll 1 gives you a disadvantage AND prevents you from continuing. That much seems clear! Then:
The Dream Shapes the Form:
A Success here adds a Free Raise to The Form Shapes the World, plus an additional Free Raise for each Called or Free Raise made.
Failure means you do not get this bonus, but may move on to The Form Shapes the World.
This one I'm unsure about. With the may wording, I've originally thought you MAY decide to continue even if you fail, but ARE NOT REQUIRED to do so. Like... 'may', not 'must'.

With that reading, the "event map" would look like:
Roll 1
Fail = Cursed
Success => Go to Roll 2

Roll 2
Fail = Choose: Stop here OR go to Roll 3
Success = Go to Roll 3 with a bonus (or stop here? not sure)

Roll 3
Fail = Cursed
Success = Gain advantage.
So you'd basically have a way to be neither cursed nor get the advantage (if you stopped at Roll 2).

But others have read this as you 'having' to go on to the third roll even if you fail (reding 'may' as 'must', basically). So basically you'd either get cursed (if you failed roll 1 or roll 3) or get the advantage (if you succeed both roll 1 and roll 3).

So... which one is it? :D

Thanks!
You can stop at Roll 2 if you want. If you stop at Roll 2, you're Cursed.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:53 pm
Oh, and assuming I ever get near Sakkaku again, does Disturbing countenance apply to the use of a social skill in the dream roll?

EDIT: And since we're all throwing out techs and advantages willy-nilly, even if it's a long shot, does Clear Thinker apply at any stage?
Sora's so used to the reactions to Disturbing Countenance that I don't think he would think of it not being a thing, so it applies. I don't think Clear Thinker applies.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:26 am
Does ToTVD wear off when you fall asleep?
Yes.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Makime

Post by Makime »

Sorry I should have been more specific, what effect does Tactician provide if we do a Perception/Battle in the final fight?

The rule itself manipulates the Mass Battle table
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

As we are relying on social skills, but this is not a social encounter; would the first roll be affected by antisocial?
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Canary wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:41 am
Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:07 pm
If it's a craft that can be an artisan skill also, like cooking or something, yes. If it's something like farming or fishing, no.
Craft: Dairy?

It is not quite cooking abut artisanal cheese and dairy product are a thing
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Makime wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:49 am
Sorry I should have been more specific, what effect does Tactician provide if we do a Perception/Battle in the final fight?

The rule itself manipulates the Mass Battle table
Right. Treat it as automatically providing a Heroic Opportunity and pick which one to use based on the circumstances already described.
Yumi wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:50 am
As we are relying on social skills, but this is not a social encounter; would the first roll be affected by antisocial?
No.
Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:53 am
Craft: Dairy?

It is not quite cooking abut artisanal cheese and dairy product are a thing
I'm tempted to say yes just because of the wild mental images of what using Craft: Dairy could mean. But sadly, not on this one.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Should I use the exp spends I posted for the event or leave it as pending and roll without them?

Would only really impact the emphasis I think?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

"No person may have more than one Advantage/Disadvantage from a matched set"

Is this being waived for this event given the circumstances or are those of us already Cursed by a Realm just their normal cursed self if failed (and just don't get the Lucid Dreaming bennie)
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Sorry, one more question for the Event to add in. ^^;;;
Rules: Magic is not allowed (because you are asleep).
Does that apply to Togashi Tattoos as well, as they're not so much magic (no spellcasting) but a part of your person and spirit?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.