Togashi Satsuki

Re: OOC Chat 2: Traitors

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:42 pm
I was toying with the idea at one point that some idea takes hold in the Empire that some of the early followers of the Kami were actually avatars of Fortunes helping them out in setting up the Empire and executing the will of heaven. Because Sora being conflated with Fukurokujin would be the funniest shit ever.
"And Saruko was no doubt an Avatar or servant of Benten, to bring more love and beauty in the Empire..."

*monkey-cackle*
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:42 pm
I was toying with the idea at one point that some idea takes hold in the Empire that some of the early followers of the Kami were actually avatars of Fortunes helping them out in setting up the Empire and executing the will of heaven. Because Sora being conflated with Fukurokujin would be the funniest shit ever.
Yes, this times 1000.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Canary

Post by Canary »

Amusingly, it would happen because of the contact with the Ivory Kingdoms. The Kami came down bodily, and no one knows Kinyoubi is Fukurokujin, so there's not really precedent for the idea of avatars in Rokugan itself.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:39 pm
Just you wait. In 200 years or so, letters and records from Sora will be celebrated by the fancy courts! :D
"And as the great hero, Jiyo Sora famously wrote in his famous Epistle to the Lady Jiyo Kinyoubi, She Who Set His Heart Alight, 'fuck the Crane, those fucking idiots are going to get us all fucking killed.' And of course his monumental treatise, lovingly collected into a single volume by his granddaughter Jiyo Yukihime, Six Thousand Reasons Hantei Sucks. Truly a man of deep wisdom and discernment."

"Have you read his commentary on the Tao of Shinsei?"

"Of course! I Don't Understand Three Words Of This Shit But It's Important To The Boss is required reading for all Loremasters in training! As is his wonderful text on the art of war, Stab the Fuckers When They Aren't Looking, and his equally insightful work in service to Benten, If You Fancy Each Other, You Might As Well Sleep With Each Other."

"Truly, the early Empire was blessed to have such a well-spoken and articulate sage in its service."
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

My hero.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Makime Omoi

Post by Makime Omoi »

I write sins not tragedies.
Lion Clan • Courtier • Historian • Great Destiny • Going Blind • Warrior at Heart • Widower • Father

Carries: Wakizashi, smoking pipe, cup, plain sandalwood chopsticks, coin purse, an old but well cared for scroll satchel decorated with tribal art
Character Profile: Here
Fiction: Home Repairs

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Ryoshun Huan wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:16 pm
Is crystal even used decoratively in the empire? Also, crystal always confused me. Is it just referring to some specific fantasy material that exists in Rokugan or is it supposed to mean that any actual non-opaque crystal will work? I imagine it's the former since quartz is a crystal and is incredibly common.

These concerns are mostly academic/theoretical because I am not prepared for fighting the lying darkness in any way.
Since I don't want to clog up GM Questions with an aside to answer the academic/theoretical - in OG Rokugan the crystal that can impact the Lying Darkness is supposedly the tears that Lady Sun cried that did not mix with Lord Moon's blood to become humanity.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Togashi Satsuki

Sugri wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:13 pm
Ryoshun Huan wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:16 pm
Is crystal even used decoratively in the empire? Also, crystal always confused me. Is it just referring to some specific fantasy material that exists in Rokugan or is it supposed to mean that any actual non-opaque crystal will work? I imagine it's the former since quartz is a crystal and is incredibly common.

These concerns are mostly academic/theoretical because I am not prepared for fighting the lying darkness in any way.
Since I don't want to clog up GM Questions with an aside to answer the academic/theoretical - in OG Rokugan the crystal that can impact the Lying Darkness is supposedly the tears that Lady Sun cried that did not mix with Lord Moon's blood to become humanity.
Wasn't that the background for jade? There's so many stories around these mystical stones in L5R, it gets confusing at times. ^^;
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:18 pm
Sugri wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:13 pm
Wasn't that the background for jade? There's so many stories around these mystical stones in L5R, it gets confusing at times. ^^;
That is the background for Jade, yes. Of equally questionable veracity to the mix of their blood becoming humanity.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:01 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:39 pm
Just you wait. In 200 years or so, letters and records from Sora will be celebrated by the fancy courts! :D
"And as the great hero, Jiyo Sora famously wrote in his famous Epistle to the Lady Jiyo Kinyoubi, She Who Set His Heart Alight, 'fuck the Crane, those fucking idiots are going to get us all fucking killed.' And of course his monumental treatise, lovingly collected into a single volume by his granddaughter Jiyo Yukihime, Six Thousand Reasons Hantei Sucks. Truly a man of deep wisdom and discernment."

"Have you read his commentary on the Tao of Shinsei?"

"Of course! I Don't Understand Three Words Of This Shit But It's Important To The Boss is required reading for all Loremasters in training! As is his wonderful text on the art of war, Stab the Fuckers When They Aren't Looking, and his equally insightful work in service to Benten, If You Fancy Each Other, You Might As Well Sleep With Each Other."

"Truly, the early Empire was blessed to have such a well-spoken and articulate sage in its service."
"What the Fuck is This Shit?": The Collected Works of Jiyo Sora

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:22 pm
"What the Fuck is This Shit?": The Collected Works of Jiyo Sora
Also the motto for the eventual Sora Vassal Family.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Yep - in terms of printing I believe 'Crystal as tears' predates 'Jade as tears' but then they came up with the specific nemurani of Jade Tears and eventually that got shifted to 'all Jade is tears'.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Togashi Satsuki

Sora - confused by reading, or reading by confusion.
Artist rendition Year 900
Theme | Profile

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

One explanation was crystal was hyper-pure inward facing Jade-variant that never corrupted. They both shared the same origin but congealed differently and therefore different in their orientations.

But… yeah. Jade that doesn’t lose its jadedness.

Anti-tsundere rock.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Canary

Post by Canary »

... That's bizarre. Welp.

I'll have to think about the origins of Jade and Crystal.

I'M THE CAPTAIN NOW

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:33 pm
I'M THE CAPTAIN NOW
So hear me out, Crystal's the tears (since it looks way more like tears), Obsidian is Lord Moon's blood, jade is where they mixed in perfect balance, and humanity is where the mix was more varied :P

Carries:

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

They are all irradiated meteorites that were originally a part of Nanzi's birth planet, before it was destroyed.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

That is a tempting take on it. :D

In the end though, it's not like our characters will know this. xD
Theme | Profile

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 pm
They are all irradiated meteorites that were originally a part of Nanzi's birth planet, before it was destroyed.
What happens if we expose Nanzi to them?
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:50 pm
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:48 pm
What happens if we expose Nanzi to them?
He becomes weakened! Like a mere mortal!
Theme | Profile