Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:44 am
Should I use the exp spends I posted for the event or leave it as pending and roll without them?

Would only really impact the emphasis I think?
If you posted them ahead you can use them.
Sugri wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:22 am
"No person may have more than one Advantage/Disadvantage from a matched set"

Is this being waived for this event given the circumstances or are those of us already Cursed by a Realm just their normal cursed self if failed (and just don't get the Lucid Dreaming bennie)
I was toying with making it just go harder in how Cursed the Curse is. For now, you just stay cursed, though.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:39 am
Sorry, one more question for the Event to add in. ^^;;;
Rules: Magic is not allowed (because you are asleep).
Does that apply to Togashi Tattoos as well, as they're not so much magic (no spellcasting) but a part of your person and spirit?
That does apply. You still have to consciously get them going is the logic there.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Canary wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:54 pm
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:53 am
And while I'm trying to get my brain to shift from wiped out at work mode into IC posting mode...

How many tents *can* we reasonably cover in the 30' diameter circle of a Ward of Purity? Currently sitting in a roughly 30x40 room and mentally hacking 10 feet off a side and thinking 4-5 of even the standard '6 person*' tents we tended to have out at faire would fit pretty easily. And most folks here likely have something smaller since they were carrying everything as they walked here.

*6 if you're just laying out folks to sleep all crammed next to each other, more like 2-3 comfortably with room for all the gear to be stored alongside sleeping space.
6 tents if they're squished close together, 3-4 if they're reasonably spaced.
So with this, I only need one of Tai's wards on CrabCamp.

2 can cover 6-12 tents in Imperial Camp. I am not determining who those are. XD I suppose if there are enough others to simply go "that should cover everyone" we don't need to get too detailed there.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Got a couple here: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 08&start=9
-To wit: I'm about to try to bring down some "game."

Also advancing the thread here: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 87&start=2
-I'll either be stepping into a bar-fight or facing a bouncer, I think.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

About how many people live here? I thought it was a one horse town once Otaku showed up, but I guess the rumor showed that's not true, at least. I gather it might be larger, possibly significantly larger?
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Canary

Post by Canary »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 1:21 pm
About how many people live here? I thought it was a one horse town once Otaku showed up, but I guess the rumor showed that's not true, at least. I gather it might be larger, possibly significantly larger?
It is indeed a one horse town. There's around 150-200 people here.
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:07 am
So with this, I only need one of Tai's wards on CrabCamp.

2 can cover 6-12 tents in Imperial Camp. I am not determining who those are. XD I suppose if there are enough others to simply go "that should cover everyone" we don't need to get too detailed there.
Yeah, I don't mind handwaving it like that.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Sorry, but with the start of D4 being delayed, I've gotten a little confused as to when dayflip is. Is it still in about 12 hours, or some other amount of time?
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Is it possible to split the 'stat boost drink' Yukara got between 2 people and still have any meaningful effect for sleep event?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo is looking at building a pontoon scaffold over the lake in the cave so that we can more safely remove the stones/mine what is above the lake. He would like to purchase materials in the town D4/early day 4 with the intent of starting day 5.

Is there a cost estimate for the materials? (Wood, pitch, watertight barrels, rope, nails, etc). And I assume this would be an engineering check.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:01 pm
Reo is looking at building a pontoon scaffold over the lake in the cave so that we can more safely remove the stones/mine what is above the lake. He would like to purchase materials in the town D4/early day 4 with the intent of starting day 5.

Is there a cost estimate for the materials? (Wood, pitch, watertight barrels, rope, nails, etc). And I assume this would be an engineering check.
I think it is worth noting that support for this multi-person, large-scale project in the rest of the Imperial/samurai party may be...er... limited at best.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:49 pm
Sorry, but with the start of D4 being delayed, I've gotten a little confused as to when dayflip is. Is it still in about 12 hours, or some other amount of time?
It'll be tonight.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:37 pm
Is it possible to split the 'stat boost drink' Yukara got between 2 people and still have any meaningful effect for sleep event?
Yes. It will have half of the effect, rounded down. Each person will have to roll Earth TN 20 as if resisting Taint.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:01 pm

Unfortunately, that's a little elaborate for what you can manage in the next couple of days.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

By half the effect, do you mean duration?

As it is a +1k0 bonus, so wasn't sure. Also do they need the roll if only one person drinks it? (Also would jade impact the roll?)

Also, does the drink effect rolls using earth traits, or just raw earth rolls?
Last edited by Ryoshun Yukara on Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

I assume that failing the first step in the Dream Event means you can't continue?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Also, I am assuming Lucid dreaming can only be used on 1 thing at a time? So someone with high will cannot simply think Jigoku to death?

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:51 pm
By half the effect, do you mean duration?

As it is a +1k0 bonus, so wasn't sure. Also do they need the roll if only one person drinks it? (Also would jade impact the roll?)

Also, does the drink effect rolls using earth traits, or just raw earth rolls?
Yup. Only the person drinking it needs to roll. Earth Traits.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:52 pm
I assume that failing the first step in the Dream Event means you can't continue?
Correct.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:37 pm
Also, I am assuming Lucid dreaming can only be used on 1 thing at a time? So someone with high will cannot simply think Jigoku to death?
Correct.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Also on the Dream Event.

Different folks with Friend of the Elements have or have not applied it to the first roll (which is a Willpower roll, and may use different skills). I feel it'd be fair for it to apply to all who have it, or to none. Can we get an official ruling on that one?

Thanks! :)
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Hopefully last questions here: Can Yukara use her monk technique to give someone +1k1 on an event roll via her passing them the chakra blessing as they fall asleep (for instance by singing them a lullaby and doing it then)?

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:02 pm
Also on the Dream Event.

Different folks with Friend of the Elements have or have not applied it to the first roll (which is a Willpower roll, and may use different skills). I feel it'd be fair for it to apply to all who have it, or to none. Can we get an official ruling on that one?

I didn't apply Friend of the Elements because I don't think it works on skill rolls. But I could be wrong.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:34 pm
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Also on the Dream Event.

I didn't apply Friend of the Elements because I don't think it works on skill rolls. But I could be wrong.
It shouldn't by RAW.
FRIEND OF THE ELEMENTS [SPIRITUAL] (4 POINTS)
The spirits of a certain Element swirl about you at all times, lending their aid when possible even though you are likely unaware of their presence. Choose a Ring when this Advantage is purchased. Whenever you make a Trait Roll with either Trait associated with that Ring, you gain a Free Raise.
Shugenja characters may purchase this Advantage for 3 points.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:05 pm

It shouldn't by RAW.
Yup, this.
But since it's been used and given how some rolls have been different in some dream rolls, I figured it was worth asking. At any rate if it does apply it should help all those who have it (for Earth, that is).

But Satsuki is right that by RAW it only affects Raw Trait rolls!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Also on the Dream Event.

Yeah, it should only be raw Trait rolls.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:07 pm
Hopefully last questions here: Can Yukara use her monk technique to give someone +1k1 on an event roll via her passing them the chakra blessing as they fall asleep (for instance by singing them a lullaby and doing it then)?
It needs to be in a thread, so on screen. If so, sure.