Jiyo Sora

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Let's not let any pesky facts get in the way of my completely pointless and tiresome sour grapes :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:34 am
Everyone needs one tainted/evil anti-hero helping them kill a champion of Jigoku.

“Fight like Tadaka.”
I mean....

Not really. Plenty of times that these sort of things never happened.

As for the village. "These guys are basically a cult." Is all Kenji needs to know. Chouri needs to tell them what she was using them for and that she is basically responsible for possibly dooming their souls to jigoku. It's part and partial of her repentance, and if not we go with Satsuki's original plan.

If she does tell them. We or they can deal with her execution. Then we test the villagers and do for them what we can. Whether that's saving them or other things.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Let's live out the week first.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Just pointing out that post-Day of Thunder, we'll likely have the Imperial army here. So, we probably don't need to worry about the villagers. At least OOC. Also, we can always "invite" her to the Spider lands. I'm sure there's plenty of Hisomu and Reiko researchers who would love to get ahold of someone that close to the Harbringer.
Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:34 am
Everyone needs one tainted/evil anti-hero helping them kill a champion of Jigoku.

“Fight like Tadaka.”
You know. This made me realize I named Goju (pre-Nametaking) after the wrong character. Though still kinda works.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

And that's the ONLY army we'll have here.

Right now even the Imps only have some kind of jurisdiction in the eyes of the villagers because Chouri says they do.

But letting Shiba (if he lives) sort it out is EXACTLY the kind of buck-passing we thrive on in these here parts :P

Carries:

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:12 am
And that's the ONLY army we'll have here.

Right now even the Imps only have some kind of jurisdiction in the eyes of the villagers because Chouri says they do.

But letting Shiba (if he lives) sort it out is EXACTLY the kind of buck-passing we thrive on in these here parts :P
I mean you are under the impression we need an army and not just some Shugenja with Fires from Within and Tempest of Air. >.>

but that's neither here or there.

Lets just hope that Shiba tries not to foment more discord in his Empire.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

OOC, I'm under the impression that slaughtering people whose deaths were meant to empower the Harbinger is best avoided.

I also think that assuming Chouri survives long enough for it to matter may be taking a hell of a lot for granted.

Carries:

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

OOC: I'm just saying if they are tainted we really can't just leave them be. That's a threat to the Empire.

Also saying that I trust Chouri even less after betraying the harbinger for the sake of her people. Then promptly using those people as leverage to save her life. It's kind of flip floppy in my mind and i don't trust it.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

She's not using them as leverage. They're her reason for betraying the harbinger.

She's simply pointed out that her desire to save them is moot if the whole thing turns into a massacre.

I see nothing sinsiter in that.

Again, especially not in a game where we have an oni seeking redemption as a monk.

Carries:

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Sugri is strong versus fear but I won't jump in unless needed so others get a chance at combat if they want it.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Oh, we've reached the point where players turn genocidal maniacs. Again. Great.

The fact The Thread is maybe not fully resolved makes Day 5 a bit awkward. Also, I'm not sure I've got it all*, but seems like the theories that it was half half, half training to defeat Jigoku, half attempt at having us fall into their clutches, were right no?

I'm sure someone is going to bring the "half-rotten onion" theory ("if an onion is half rotten, you still throw it away") but... Like, no. Honestly, since Chouri and other villagers theory seem to be only alive "within the dream", they will likely fade away as this ends. Classical story would have to convince have to help us reach that ending regardless. If we slaughter them all, how can they teach us the Ballad of the Wind Fish?

*Reading such threads as a spectator is a bit like watching a random episode of a show you've missed most others
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Chouri wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:03 am
"I... I'm not sure," she admitted. "Normally, I would accept arrest. But the Harbinger... she... well, she wanted a cult. So... even with your current caution, you may be underestimating how badly that would go."
I mean she seems to be saying here that even if we just try to arrest her the cult will revolt. But I can understand that we have different interpretations.

I also put being a demon about 57 steps less bad then almost selling the world to 1k years of death because you wanted to live.

But it's fine to disagree on such things, and we both have our stance, and they aren't wavering, so the point is moot.
Sugri wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:50 am
Sugri is strong versus fear but I won't jump in unless needed so others get a chance at combat if they want it.
Kenji is as well, but I've got exhaustion and no void so not looking to jump in.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
I'm sure someone is going to bring the "half-rotten onion" theory ("if an onion is half rotten, you still throw it away") but... Like, no.
Very much this.

I'll also point out that of the tests available to us, Chouri, who we know damned well has been in league with the Harbinger, can wear jade. Even if our shuggies go around jade striking people, it's not likely to prove much.

Akodo Kenji wrote:
"I... I'm not sure," she admitted. "Normally, I would accept arrest. But the Harbinger... she... well, she wanted a cult. So... even with your current caution, you may be underestimating how badly that would go."
I mean she seems to be saying here that even if we just try to arrest her the cult will revolt.[/quote]

Let me phrase it this way:

She is saying that this village full of people who chose not to live in the Empire and look to her as their leader and source of loyalty would take efforts to arrest her by a bunch of total strangers very badly.

Moreover, she says outright that only she and Enrou really know what they're doing. These people just think the pretty lady with the tattoo has been leading them well and keeping them relatively safe and happy.

Until we convince them otherwise, they trust her more than they trust us.

Our characters going, "you guys, she was serving you up as a demon charcuterie tray" is not going to be too convincing.
Her saying it while we stand there looking like heavies is also not going to be too convincing.

Which is part of why Sora's so big on winning hearts and minds.

Hell, we can see, in the Kumori/Nao thread, that reaching out and trying to save her is what got her to flip sides.

And if she does that, safe bet the villagers aren't a lost cause.

Carries:

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:51 am
Kenji is as well, but I've got exhaustion and no void so not looking to jump in.
Just gotta find a friendly neighborhood priest with rejuvenating vapors and a nice tea ceremony!
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Tyrus wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:02 am
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:51 am
Just gotta find a friendly neighborhood priest with rejuvenating vapors and a nice tea ceremony!
They are all very much asleep.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:59 am
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
I'm sure someone is going to bring the "half-rotten onion" theory ("if an onion is half rotten, you still throw it away") but... Like, no.
Very much this.

I'll also point out that of the tests available to us, Chouri, who we know damned well has been in league with the Harbinger, can wear jade. Even if our shuggies go around jade striking people, it's not likely to prove much.

Akodo Kenji wrote:
I mean she seems to be saying here that even if we just try to arrest her the cult will revolt.
Let me phrase it this way:

She is saying that this village full of people who chose not to live in the Empire and look to her as their leader and source of loyalty would take efforts to arrest her by a bunch of total strangers very badly.

Moreover, she says outright that only she and Enrou really know what they're doing. These people just think the pretty lady with the tattoo has been leading them well and keeping them relatively safe and happy.

Until we convince them otherwise, they trust her more than they trust us.

Our characters going, "you guys, she was serving you up as a demon charcuterie tray" is not going to be too convincing.
Her saying it while we stand there looking like heavies is also not going to be too convincing.

Which is part of why Sora's so big on winning hearts and minds.

Hell, we can see, in the Kumori/Nao thread, that reaching out and trying to save her is what got her to flip sides.

And if she does that, safe bet the villagers aren't a lost cause.
[/quote]

To the first point, you are right, it might not do much, but it needs to be done. The taint is pretty bad if you just let it spread unchecked. Do I want to slaughter a bunch of citizens? No, not at all. Do you have much choice if the lot of them are tainted? I don't know. But it's something to be prepared for.

As for Chouri you make a decent point, but a person's intentions and results they provide and the way they are perceived does not always align. Especially when said person has been lying to us and poisoning us. You say if a bunch of brutes stand around her as she says it won't be believed? Well, what about Wu and the Princess?

But I also say that saying that the pretty lady with tattoo's is just thought of as a good leader when she said that her people were all, but a cult might be a bit disingenuous. My manager at work is a good leader, I'm still not going to take everything he says at face value. People have their own things.

As for hearts and minds, it doesn't only need to be applied to the villagers. Us samurai need it as well, and that's obviously not going well. At least in the case of some of us.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Well done on Team Zombie fight for everyone making their fear checks :lol:

Now let's engage an enemy whose exact numbers are unclear!

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Always Void the Fear rolls.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Always bring Earth 4 to a fight with the undead...

Carries:

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Chouri will face justice

Condemned to mawwiage with a cheese maker

Harsh, I know, but fair
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I've heard of shotgun weddings, but I thought the idea was only to use the weapon if the wedding didn't happen...

Carries: