Togashi Satsuki

Re: GM Questions

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

So much to search through, so I probably missed it:

We are fatigued if we got lost in the dreams (failed the event) on Day 4?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:55 am

Yup.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Hmmmm... so big lack of spell slots for Day 5 then. :?

Can we try to sleep more in the morning (another 3 slots) to try to recover? Or is that a no-go?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:00 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:55 am

Yup.
Huh. Right. Well, that is similar to what we saw on the previous days I suppose. It still comes as a but if a surprise since, even re-reading the event twice now, there's absolutely no mention of that we wouldn't be able to sleep and would be fatigued I'm the event write-up:
Failure results in the character being lost in nightmares, and will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game.
Failure means you do not get this bonus, but may move on to The Form Shapes the World.
Failure results in the character being lost in nightmares, and will suffer from the effects of Cursed by the Realm: Yume-do for the remainder of the game.
I suppose 'being lost in nightmares' should be interpreted as not being able to sleep for the remainder of the game?
Or maybe 'failing a sleep event' will mean not being able to sleep for the remainder of the game, regardless of the write-up?
Would be good to know for sure so we can plan accordingly!

Also while at that. On D1 (and I think D2 and D3 too?), we could use the time slots during which we had failed to sleep. Would that apply here as well?

Asking in part because it'd be a way to start working on Fatigue and healing (since no natural heals)... although probably a no go now that day flip has happened. But would be good to know for sure.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:54 am
Snip
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:08 am
Snip
Tae-soo makes a good point that I should have put it in the write up if I wanted to do that. Fair. No Fatigue/lack of spell slots. You guys get to sleep. You just need the extra slot to do so since CbtR

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Is it 2 raises or 3 raises to behead a zombie?
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Togashi Satsuki

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:04 pm
Is it 2 raises or 3 raises to behead a zombie?
3 Raises for Called Shot to the noggin'.
CALLED SHOT (VARIABLE RAISES)
A Called Shot is an attack that specifically targets one section of the body. Without the Called Shot Maneuver, it is assumed that an attack will strike the target’s torso, but with an increasing number of Raises, smaller and more specific parts of the body can be targeted. A specific limb can be targeted with 1 Raise, a hand or foot with 2 Raises, the head with 3 Raises, or an eye, ear, finger, or other similarly small part with 4 Raises.
Theme | Profile

Togashi Satsuki

Suggestion for scrolls/ritual stuff here: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=52&t=813

If you like it, it basically just needs to be okayed and have TNs applied.
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Re: the Patients combat

Is there a number of raises to make a ranged attack to effectively pin the target without killing them? (i.e. pinning them)

My thoughts are along the lines of Knockdown, Disarm, Called Shot etc.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Please delete this post and the following, as well as this one, since having FOMO is apparently breaking one of the numerous unwritten rules of PBP.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:45 pm
Please delete this post and the following, as well as this one, since having FOMO is apparently breaking one of the numerous unwritten rules of PBP.
We will not be deleting those.

The event was in response to in-game unexpected events, so it was a little hard to get out a warning.

The GMs are people, too, so please bear that in mind.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:13 pm
Re: the Patients combat

Is there a number of raises to make a ranged attack to effectively pin the target without killing them? (i.e. pinning them)

My thoughts are along the lines of Knockdown, Disarm, Called Shot etc.
Sure.

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

For the LE combat, would you say that there was enough commotion to sensibly quick string a Yumi (simple action) while running?

My first read was to string after she got there, when seeing that it was a combat scenario. However, I feel as though I should check before otherwise slacking on my team.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

In the LE Patient fight:

How far are the ropes that Norikage mentioned and what number/type of actions would we need to do to get our hands on them?
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Bakuriel

Post by Bakuriel »

Yumi wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:01 pm
For the LE combat, would you say that there was enough commotion to sensibly quick string a Yumi (simple action) while running?

My first read was to string after she got there, when seeing that it was a combat scenario. However, I feel as though I should check before otherwise slacking on my team.
There is enough commotion to accomplish this, yes.

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:03 pm
In the LE Patient fight:

How far are the ropes that Norikage mentioned and what number/type of actions would we need to do to get our hands on them?
Combat is largely happening indoors, so any move action is sufficient to reach a rope. One free action to grab a rope after moving to it. Thread has been updated with this information.
AGM | Birb | Chonky | Floooooofy | Sub-Contractor of Horror | Experienced?

I charge by the anxiety attack.

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Kind of too out of it to actually RP, but here's a character PF tidying question instead. :oops:

When we spend XP, do we need to wait for confirmation? Should we just update sheets ourselves?
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otaku wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:27 am
Kind of too out of it to actually RP, but here's a character PF tidying question instead. :oops:

When we spend XP, do we need to wait for confirmation? Should we just update sheets ourselves?
Nope, just go right ahead and update the sheet. We keep an eye on XP spends, so if we don't say anything, you're probably good.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

As I feel it might become relevant in the endgame, when trying to switch permissions while very tired and things getting weird:

The (empty) Q&A forum seems to be misconfigured, as it shows up when not logged in.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description