Jiyo Sora

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:38 am
Do we have a more hotheaded character who got some taint at the same moment for comparison?
Well, Nanzi gave his name to an Oni before Ayumu got tainted.

I think the others who got tainted never reprised.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Jin got 0.1 but also not a hothead.

I recall fluff rolling, for my own amusement since he was an NPC after that, for the months between Kyuuen and Winter Court and he passed every one. Obviously non-binding if the Birb wants to explore that avenue but he also has a GD that hasn't burnt off so a heel turn is unlikely.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Oh yeah Nanzi is not exactly a hothead but more tragic tainted monster trying to fight the good fight.

I am not sure what Birb has plans for him but I am open to anything.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara has picked up a point of corruption here, so I'm sure down the road if she survives, she will be fine, given she is earth 4.

Also, my day 5 has felt weirdly short. Like I came in, did what I was going to do, and then was done. One of those weird IC days where you have a lot of short and sharp interactions and then you've wrapped it up.

Interesting how that happens, where some IC days you can have pages of posts you need to get through, and then some you just get in, yell at some people, get out.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

I also simply suspect people are tired and post less in general. Also, some personal arcs must have reached their end by now, and it's starting to be a bit late to begin new ones.

tl;dr The end is nigh.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Makime

Post by Makime »

I have been pretty light on threads as well. It's a bit weird to me for the 'base commander' to just randomly stand around somewhere in the midst of a crisis.

Also sometimes it feels like I need those slots open to deal with any issues or information that pops up.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

It turns out “mild covid” does not produce the kind of sick days you can post through, so that’s my excuse. :oops:
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Makime wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:13 pm
I have been pretty light on threads as well. It's a bit weird to me for the 'base commander' to just randomly stand around somewhere in the midst of a crisis.

Also sometimes it feels like I need those slots open to deal with any issues or information that pops up.
A sad truth about leadership roles. You need to be available to work with folks and have meetings for important info-swaps.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Embrace the NPC messenger. Send memos.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

We don't really have those though. ^^;

And some information is way too important to be shared via written messages, especially considering we are in a way in hostile territory.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Always room for more NPC flunkies!

And more seriously, having things fall apart or go wrong is a big part of the fun in driving IC drama/struggles, in my experience. So having tragic but unintended outcomes can be really neat, provided people keep that IC/OOC distinction. I know none of my characters have ever really 'won' a game, but they've still had interesting stories to tell, I think.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I offer the following theme song for everyone in front the shrine mocking Jigoku.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJLd7yI6LTo

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:40 pm
Also, my day 5 has felt weirdly short. Like I came in, did what I was going to do, and then was done. One of those weird IC days where you have a lot of short and sharp interactions and then you've wrapped it up.
Those days happen.

I had the combat thread and the early morning meeting to siphon a lot of my intensity, but Sora's other threads?

It's not his day to have starring roles in them. It happens.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otaku wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:29 pm
It turns out “mild covid” does not produce the kind of sick days you can post through, so that’s my excuse. :oops:
*headpats Otaku*
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Otaku wrote:
That sucks. Hope you get through soon.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Kai

Post by Kai »

Otaku wrote:
I know the feeling. I just got out of it.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

A day 6 combat event...

Yeah, I got the zombie fight.

Bushi who ain't gotten to do your thing, STEP RIGHT UP!

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

I hogtied some villagers…

Took 0 wounds…

Used 0 VP…

I stepped up?
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara is potentially game, depending on stuff, and if other people want a turn. Trying to make sure everyone gets one if I can.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

I mean... Technically the Seekers of Knowledge are bushi, so Ohta could get involved. Would very much be an one trick pony though, firing arrows from as far away as possible >.> Earth 2 and complex attacks and no spells and all that.

Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi