Jiyo Sora

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Suppose we could throw Genji back into the meat-grinder since he's used his Great Destiny for this session :twisted:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

It’s a new session!

More meat grinding!
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:13 am
A day 6 combat event...

Yeah, I got the zombie fight.

Bushi who ain't gotten to do your thing, STEP RIGHT UP!
Sadly it's a 12 hour work day tomorrow and my 6th day of work this week. Add in the mid week shift change and I'm toast.

Luckily I'll have a day off Tuesday.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Many thanks to the GM team for the heads up apropos the upcoming fight.

Technically eligible to it, but will decline, if only because Euro hours mean I'll be unavailable at most points I should be reactive.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Is this the end of the second session?
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yes. Day 6 and 7 are session 3 according to schedule
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:56 am
"I don't know, if you were reading a three layer cypher full of perverted references to Lady Doji's backside that's actually talking about the drinking habits of Matsu's third son you'd be hard pressed to call it work", he said. "Is that woman ever going to give birth to a girl? I feel like she just gets angrier with every boy she has."
First I giggled because Matsu has two girls, iirc.

Then I laughed because this is such a weird take. Norikage has some weird thoughts on women and motherhood? :lol:
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Maybe just weird thoughts about Matsu?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Like 'Matsu is strong, aggressive, even violent, therefore she can't give birth to girls, one of her boys obviously took to drinking, and Matsu's anger and violence gets worse because she can't give birth to a girl'?

I'd say that 'Matsu can't be a proper mother' based on that selection of characteristics (and those tropes) does speak volumes about the characters' views on mothers and women, tbh. More so when we take into account dreams are more about the dreamer than the dreamed about!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I think you are maybe writing a lot of opinion into a likely joke.

Something of an unflattering assumption or reading negativity in.

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:33 pm

Tell me how it's funny.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Canary

Post by Canary »

I would like to point out that whatever thoughts might have gone into the statement, they are IC thoughts in a game. They have no more bearing on anything IRL or worth getting upset over than Ranmaru's opinions on women.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:23 pm
First I giggled because Matsu has two girls, iirc.

Then I laughed because this is such a weird take. Norikage has some weird thoughts on women and motherhood? :lol:
Laughing because it's stupid and wildly incorrect is a valid take. Not everything needs to be perfect or awesome. None of the characters are real anyway.

And Norikage does have skewed, misunderstood views. He grew up without a mother and his father beat the hell out of him so he'd be "ready" or whatever that means.
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 5:33 pm

A lot of the 'character's' opinion. Could be a joke, but it's still something that the character is doing (well, dreaming at this point).

There's a reason I said 'character' and not 'player' there.
Using Ranmaru as an example since Canary mentioned him, the character's views are very different from the player's there. It's an obvious caricature.

I haven't been reading Norikage a lot, so couldn't say how much in the face 'his' IC thoughts are, other than what was in this dream. Of course, some IC caricatures are more obvious than others - and that's alright, we don't have to be professional writers or even good ones!

But on 'just a joke' - let's just not? IC thoughts representative of a character, caricature, all that's fine. But just saying 'it's just a joke' doesn't help. Or should we start 'yo mama'-ing and find it funny and fine? Not an environment I find very inviting or safe I'd say.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

There is a major difference between clear satire, and placing flawed views in a character that is otherwise supposed to be taken seriously. Unless the clear intent is to not like said character. There is also a major difference between simply getting upset, and calling for a correction of behavior. The idea that this has no bearing on real life whatsoever is also flawed, stories are important for a reason and we impart meaning from them every day.

Ranmaru doesn't make me particularly comfortable, but I can tell it's satire so I am fine with folk having their fun.

At the very least, I will not abide defending these types of jokes or viewpoints in the OOC sphere as seen where I commented above.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Canary

Post by Canary »

I agree that "it's just a joke" is definitely a bad take and dismissive of the effects it has on actual people, since it makes many of the people on the other side of the screen uncomfortable. That's an effect on real life, so I apologize for being dismissive.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Bayushi Norikage

Post by Bayushi Norikage »

More on topic, I see at least one person abstain from D6 fighting. Who would like to have a go at it? Could totally get killed twice and not be a thunder after all, right? Right? :?
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Scout • Not Sorry • Great Things Happen
Honor: Let's just not. Status: 1 Glory 3.5
Carries: Swords, fan, mask, pipe, jade. Sometimes: armor, bow, hat, cloak.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

My dream is still ongoing (my schedule as been busy this week-end) and I might be picking a fight with the Harbinger so it might not be wise to join a battle with that possibility, lots of retcon risks.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

I mean if nessacary I can hop in. I just won't really be around for the next 24 hours in a hour.

Just someone poke me if need and I can make Hikaru or someone ghost me.
Last edited by Akodo Kenji on Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Canary

Post by Canary »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:50 pm
My dream is still ongoing (my schedule as been busy this week-end) and I might be picking a fight with the Harbinger so it might not be wise to join a battle with that possibility, lots of retcon risks.
I won't do anything in a dream that would require retcons.