Canary

OOC Chat 3: Wildfire

Post by Canary »

It wasn’t the first time it had happened. One of the villagers, a farmer from one of the villages scattered around Ki-Rin lands had suddenly just dropped their tools one day and started walking. It wasn’t done with any fanfare – not sudden burst of violence and madness. They had just up and left. Often they left families behind; there were a couple of incidents where the only remaining parent had abandoned their children to do this. Shinjo had declared that their children were to be adopted into samurai families.

Now Shinjo Osamu followed behind one of those who had done so. He’d been commanded by his lady to monitor them, find out where they were all going. Following someone on foot had made for a very long and boring trip across the plains, but it had at least turned up a few interesting things.

First, she had been muttering to herself the entire time. He hadn’t gotten close enough to hear what she was saying, but it was a worrying sign.

Second, she had been at least cognizant to pack, enough for a trip of several weeks. It reminded Osamu a little of the people who’d taken a pilgrimage to Seppun Hill to visit the shrine near there and the place the Kami had fallen. He had made note in his things wondering if this wasn’t a pilgrimage like that. The direction was off to be specifically that.

First, this woman – Akiha, the reports had said – ducked into the tall grass and stayed perfectly still every time she thought their even might be horsemen from the Clan coming by. So she was still aware enough to be avoiding them.

He even thought she’d seen him a couple of times, but she’d continued looking around before continuing on, rather than trying to get away.

And so it went for a while.

They were close to the Unicorn border with the Lion when she suddenly called out, “Don’t you think it’s rude to follow someone for so long without introducing yourself?”

The jig was up.

He left his position and approached the camp. “We just happened to be going the same direction,” he replied as he arrived. “I hope it didn’t trouble you. I am Shinjo Osamu.”

“Oh, is that all?” The woman asked. Her voice told him all he needed to know about how much she believed him. “Where is your horse, Shinjo-sama? The samurai usually ride long distances, don’t they?”

“Ah… Well… I suppose you caught me,” he admitted. There wasn’t much point when it was this obvious. “What brings you so far out, Akiha-san?”

She looked away, into the distance. “My presence was… requested. I have something I need to help with.”

“Oh?” He prompted her to continue. The fact that she hadn’t said anything to her lord and just up and left could be addressed in a few moments. For now, he needed more information to bring back along with her.

“Yes,” she simply replied, not continuing.

Osamu let out a frustrated sigh. “You need to return to your village. Your children are there, and you need to speak with your lord.”

She smiled a little. “I’m caring for my childrens’ future by doing this, Shinjo-sama. And I’m afraid it must be a secret journey.”

Osamu raised an eyebrow. “I know about it.”

“Do you want to come with me?” She asked, looking back toward him.

He was shocked to find that he did. Something was calling him to the northeast. He couldn’t put his feeling on what, but it called him like fate. Yet…

He had obligations. To his lord. To his family. To the great Shinjo Family. No, his honor wouldn’t let him say yes. He shook his head, and the feeling of pull went away.

“I need to take you to my lord, Akiha-san.” He stood. “Please come willingly.”

She rose and sighed, shaking her head. “I’m sorry, Shinjo-sama…”

“I don’t want to have to bring you back by force…” He threatened, but she was already muttering something, her head down. Finally, he was able to hear it.

“The will shapes the dream.
The dream shapes the form.
The form shapes the world…”

Over and over, it gave him a headache listening to. He snapped his sword out of his sheath, swinging out at her, only for it to pass through nothing. No, not nothing… Before him stood a pillar of flame, 7 feet high, punctuated with two coal-dark eyes where Akiha’s had been.

“What in the Kami’s name…?!” He recoiled, only for an arm to separate partly from the main mass and reach out to him. The last thing he heard was a whisper that sounded like the burn and crackle of flame.

“I’m sorry, Shinjo-sama…”

Then his screams tore across the plains, with flame following quickly at its heels...

---

Welcome to OOC Chat 3!
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Re: OOC Chat 3: Wildfire

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Thank Cat, no more gremlins.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Only foxes?

Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

I see nothing wrong with this plan.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:00 am
Thank Cat, no more gremlins.
Dangerous challenge to issue, Yuzuru-kun.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

I like where the Jigoku is going this time around.

Sign me up.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Togashi Satsuki

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:17 am
Sign me up.
Sign you up to destroy Jigoku, right?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:18 am
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sign me up.
i3nEvwn.jpeg
i3nEvwn.jpeg (15.32 KiB) Viewed 186 times
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Makime

Post by Makime »

I am just happy we have all this weirdness past us.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Makime wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:25 am
I am just happy we have all this weirdness past us.
You look Purr-fect.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:21 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:18 am
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sign me up.
i3nEvwn.jpeg
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:26 am
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Kai

Post by Kai »

You got to be kitten me!
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Stay out of the tall grass!
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

What about the medium grass?
Theme | Profile

Makime

Post by Makime »

All grass is tall. Depending on your size.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Makime Omoi

Post by Makime Omoi »

Medium grass is currently at threat level Yellow so travel at your own risk.
Lion Clan • Courtier • Historian • Great Destiny • Going Blind • Warrior at Heart • Widower • Father

Carries: Wakizashi, smoking pipe, cup, plain sandalwood chopsticks, coin purse, an old but well cared for scroll satchel decorated with tribal art
Character Profile: Here
Fiction: Home Repairs

Togashi Satsuki

Makime wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:38 am
All grass is tall. Depending on your size.
Ah

Uh...

Lady Makime... your head...

*mimics ears with own hands*
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Best she's ever looked, being honest.

Carries:

The Dream of Jigoku

Post by The Dream of Jigoku »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
I like where the Jigoku is going this time around.

Sign me up.
We'd be happy to have you.
Nightmare | The Shaper of Form | Terrifying

"Beyond the shadow you settle for, there is a miracle illuminated."