Ryoshun Yukara

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I'm awareness 4 atm(thanks void dragon, what a champ), but if my disads apply I'm also -10 on my rolls.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

I've got Awa 3.
Sakkaku simply laughs at me.
But that's honestly as it ought to be.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Does the init boost via void only last 1 round? For some reason thought it was permanent.

Oh well. Been a while since I messed with it.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Makime

Post by Makime »

I'm wondering if I should even try. I feel Makime would be more like "are they so weak willed they need coddling to save their own future?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Makime wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:04 pm
I'm wondering if I should even try. I feel Makime would be more like "are they so weak willed they need coddling to save their own future?"
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Makime wrote:
Browbeat them into submission.

Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Makime wrote:
Do part 1 and 2, and then fail part 3 as hard as possible?

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Makime wrote:
Makime just sends in a group of musicians...

Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:03 pm
Does the init boost via void only last 1 round? For some reason thought it was permanent.

Oh well. Been a while since I messed with it.
I think it should be "for the duration of the current skirmish".
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Hmm ok. So she'll potentially go again before Aoyama. We'll see if she needs to keep pokin or if she can go grab the husband.

I'm guessing even if we get her out, we have to fight her. I might be wrong though - there is no saving her via the Kiho, regardless. The best Yukara can do give her a moment of clarity.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Corebook says: "Increase his Initiative Score by 10 for the duration of the current skirmish. This is done at the beginning of the combat Round."
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

The Day 6 Event: Where tTeam Burn the Village and Team Save the Village come together to make sure we have at least 75% of the villagers on the other side on Day 7 :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:26 am
The Day 6 Event: Where tTeam Burn the Village and Team Save the Village come together to make sure we have at least 75% of the villagers on the other side on Day 7 :lol:
Rolls are rolls. I figured I could maybe get 3 points realistically and barely move the needle or try for a hail mary.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Save us, Shang, Save Us!

And... I think Satsuki and Hikaru have some skill at being nice? :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Makime

Post by Makime »

I was very nice to them, I opened my heart to these villagers!

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Save Doji!
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Makime wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:33 am
I was very nice to them, I opened my heart to these villagers!
Never change Makime. You're perfect.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:32 am
Save us, Shang, Save Us!

And... I think Satsuki and Hikaru have some skill at being nice? :lol:
Hikaru has less than you would think. A little better if Benten's applies.

However, part of being married means getting to benefit from your wife's buff spells. This is known.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I sent them a textbook!

It was super effective!

The lack of a friendly note explaining why they might want to read it is ENTIRELY MY WIFE'S FAULT FOR NOT BEING HERE. HEEEEEEEEEEELP

(Narrator: Actually, his children- any of them, even the five year olds- would probably have done better on that part than Sora did)

Carries:

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:45 am
I sent them a textbook!

It was super effective!

The lack of a friendly note explaining why they might want to read it is ENTIRELY MY WIFE'S FAULT FOR NOT BEING HERE. HEEEEEEEEEEELP

(Narrator: Actually, his children- any of them, even the five year olds- would probably have done better on that part than Sora did)
I think I might be sending them the second volume. In the bright side, they might just have enough material to properly source their master thesis :D
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack