Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:12 pm
Canary wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:08 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:53 pm
Is it possible that we're visiting the villagers and talking to them instead? Or does everyone in the village know how to to read? :shock:
Chouri is reading it to them. Though a shocking amount of them do know how to read.
Ok, that makes more sense!

But since we're writing, how does various social benefits work on the Sincerity and Etiquette roll?

Will Seven Fortunes' Blessing (Benten) apply?
Or magic that enhances social rolls, like Benten's Touch? (Same goes for Crane tattoo that enhances social rolls)
Those all apply. You are trying to convince them of something, and if they don't specifically rely on someone seeing you, and instead just makes you more articulate and charismatic, then they apply.
Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:14 pm
Will there be a D6 Sleep Event?
No.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Having Failure of Bushido: Sincerity (Tall Tales and Fish Stories and all!) but Sincerity 0 atm, could I call the Raise for no effect needed, or is that an auto fail unless I Void?

Asking as I see there's an alternate ruling allowing the necessary Raise for no effect to be called with Consumed by Perfection (which is still a trap nobody in their right mind would take of course...).

Thanks!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:18 am
Having Failure of Bushido: Sincerity (Tall Tales and Fish Stories and all!) but Sincerity 0 atm, could I call the Raise for no effect needed, or is that an auto fail unless I Void?

Asking as I see there's an alternate ruling allowing the necessary Raise for no effect to be called with Consumed by Perfection (which is still a trap nobody in their right mind would take of course...).

Thanks!
Autofail unless Void.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 678#p17678

Is the ruling here retroactive? That is, will it affect posts already made?
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Canary

Post by Canary »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:17 am
https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 678#p17678

Is the ruling here retroactive? That is, will it affect posts already made?
Yes. People may change their posts if they wish. It is fine if they don't, though. This is meant to reflect their reactions, not any judgement on my part. I think people should write what their characters would say.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

TNs for Escape and Dangerous Rescue here?
https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... =101&t=974
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

For the events is it free reign to join in, or first one succeeding closes it?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:19 am
TNs for Escape and Dangerous Rescue here?
https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... =101&t=974
Fixed.
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:29 am
For the events is it free reign to join in, or first one succeeding closes it?
Free reign.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

For the attacks in MM/LM does full attack stance apply?
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Canary

Post by Canary »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:44 am
For the attacks in MM/LM does full attack stance apply?
No.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Subject: Go Time! [D7, LE, Event; All]
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:16 am
Rules: Magic may be used. All active PCs who are not planning to stay in Blue Lotus must participate. In the Escape portion, damaging spells may be used. All advantages, techniques, or other abilities that apply during battle for the relevant rolls apply.
How would various travel spells (like the ones that allow you to fly) affect this event? Specifically asking for the spell Embrace of Kenro-Ji-Jin, which is basically just traveling through the earth.
Embrace of Kenro-Ji-Jin [Core Rulebook]

Ring/Mastery: Earth 2 (Travel)
Range: Personal or Touch
Area of Effect: 1 target creature
Duration: 1 hour
Raises: Duration (+1/2 hour)
This spell allows the target (who can be the caster or one other person) to literally dive into the ground, which becomes as clear and easy to traverse as water for him. He can see for a distance of 100 yards through the earth, and can move through it in any direction as easily as though he were in normal air. The target can see through the edge of the earth into the normal world, but he cannot attack, cast spells, speak, hear, or otherwise interact with those outside the earth unless he emerges from the ground (at which point the spell immediately ends). If the spell ends while the target is still underground, the Earth spirits are offended by the target's continued presence, and immediately expels him into the nearest open air, wherever that might be.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Would Seekers Rank 2 ability that give bonus to defense help with the Go Time Event since we are trying to avoid being hit?
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Canary

Post by Canary »

... Holy fuck. I really want to say yes, but I think if you can only move one ring up for down, something like that would be unfeasible.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:07 am
Subject: Go Time! [D7, LE, Event; All]
Canary wrote:
Rules: Magic may be used. All active PCs who are not planning to stay in Blue Lotus must participate. In the Escape portion, damaging spells may be used. All advantages, techniques, or other abilities that apply during battle for the relevant rolls apply.
How would various travel spells (like the ones that allow you to fly) affect this event? Specifically asking for the spell Embrace of Kenro-Ji-Jin, which is basically just traveling through the earth.
Embrace of Kenro-Ji-Jin [Core Rulebook]

Ring/Mastery: Earth 2 (Travel)
Range: Personal or Touch
Area of Effect: 1 target creature
Duration: 1 hour
Raises: Duration (+1/2 hour)
This spell allows the target (who can be the caster or one other person) to literally dive into the ground, which becomes as clear and easy to traverse as water for him. He can see for a distance of 100 yards through the earth, and can move through it in any direction as easily as though he were in normal air. The target can see through the edge of the earth into the normal world, but he cannot attack, cast spells, speak, hear, or otherwise interact with those outside the earth unless he emerges from the ground (at which point the spell immediately ends). If the spell ends while the target is still underground, the Earth spirits are offended by the target's continued presence, and immediately expels him into the nearest open air, wherever that might be.
I'd probably say it's an autopassed Defense roll if you cast that, basically. Can't hit stuff you can't reach. Also, thank you for including the text for the spell, that is a huge help.
Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:15 am
Would Seekers Rank 2 ability that give bonus to defense help with the Go Time Event since we are trying to avoid being hit?
Sure, why not? Today's kind of a last hurrah for this game and these particular characters, so I'm gonna lean toward flexibility within limits.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Surprise Party

Do each PC roll independently? Do only active PC roll? Is only a single roll of each kind done for all present?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

For when you can answer. Slight madness from me once again. Take your time, we got plenty of it XP
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:44 am
Surprise Party

Do each PC roll independently? Do only active PC roll? Is only a single roll of each kind done for all present?
Everyone does stealth, then 1 person per roll on the other two.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Okay, one more question:

I see people rolling absolutely crazy high stuff everywhere so... What are the limits of Lucid Dreaming? Once per thread?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

For "Go Time" event:
Canary wrote:
Escape!: Now that you’ve found the opening, you need to go as fast as possible. PCs must choose one of four rolls to make – Defense/Reflexes to protect someone else, Battle (Mass Battle)/Intelligence to direct the group, an Attack Roll to beat the forces of Yume-Jigoku back, or a Athletics (Running)/Stamina roll to make a break for it. TN 20.
Defense/Reflexes is described as "to protect someone else" in this roll. If I use Defense here,

1. Can I call a raise to make sure Shizuku escapes? (Ayako has promised to get her out of Blue Lotus Village.)
2. Can I call a raise to help another PC succeed at this roll?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa