Nanzi Ai

Re: Goal Discussion and Coordination

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Turn it into a tourist trap.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I mean, it worked on us!
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:49 am
Turn it into a tourist trap.
There's already an annual festival with lots of interesting local rituals, LOL!
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Great food, music, fireworks, dancing...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

And drugs.

Basically our game was set in Tomorrowland
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Or Las Vegas.

Rokugan New Vegas.

I will make it happen.

Carries:

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Zakyo Toshi?
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

So if you want to help with Raven Guard let me know, I will write something up for how see them growing over the next twenty-ish years.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Without it being points-based, this is kind of an interesting exercise.

Carries:

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 4:56 pm
Without it being points-based, this is kind of an interesting exercise.
I mean it definitely changed my approach and I think for the better. Instead of a specific thing, I listed my assets and vision and I am curious to work things out.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I was very much helped by the following flowchart for the Imps-

1. Do we need another damn family? Errrr.... no, not really. And in fact, the whole elemental vibe with having five families is kind of cool. If anything, the relative lack of Chiyo or Yuzuru characters over the past three games would argue hard against trying to shoehorn in one more. Go to step two.

2. Are there any seriously neglected mechanical niches? No, not really. Three shugenja schools including the Isawa "we're better at this than you are" one, one courtier school (even if the Loremasters are kind of pants compared to the likes of the Doji or Bayushi), and the Jiyo/Shiba bushi who are potent. We don't have the Henshin, but, uh... that school is game-wrecking madness as designed, and I am fine with the Path of Man being something a mite different. I always wanted the Shiba Bushi to get some alternate Paths that reflect non-yojimbo, but at the same time... this isn't the game for it. And Advanced Schools? Please. They're almost never relevant in games anyone actually wants to play anyhow. Go to step three.

3. Are there any major customs that I feel right goaling out of this game in particular? Honestly no. The Dawn era has been one long Imperial victory lap (as it was in canon!) with the Empire broadly (with an exception or two here and there) dancing to the Imperial tune anyway. I do have some ideas going forward, but coming out of the Day of Thunder, it seemed silly to try and go, "and now all weddings must include at least one shugenja in a silly hat playing beer pong" or whatever. Go to step four.

4. What's left?! Hence sticking a flag in history, and using an existing thing (Sora's family's intimate ties to the Libraries) to facilitate it.

Someday I may burn a Major Goal to found a Minor Clan, but this wasn't the time. Let's get the big ones up to spec first...

Carries: