Hiruma Naraku

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

I have to say a lot of people have been saying just how much of a human I am. No, really. A lot of people come up to me and they tell me. They say, 'You're so normal and human' And I tell them look, we know I am a human. We've had almost eight years of the worst type of humans you can imagine. Oh my god, I can't believe it. Humans with wings and humans with dog features. Its terrible. Its just terrible. Look, if you want to know what a human is, do you want to know what human is like? I'll tell you. First of all being normal, by the way I love being normal. It's probably my favorite state of being, no it is my favorite state of being. You know what, it's probably more like that only much more normal and milquetoast. A lot. If I'm being honest, I mean, if I'm being honest. I like being milquetoast.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Damn, I need a shower after that one.

Well done!
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

So as to not clog up GM Questions:
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:48 am
Starting from Day 2, would it be possible to have a single thread one can subscribe to to know all the things they should know/do. Just a list of links to the relevant posts is good enough I'll say, as long as they're added in new posts, not sneaky edits.
Hisomu Goju wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:07 pm
Not quite what you're looking for but remember to check out the memorable moments threads since people do include those in there a lot of the times.
Not sure what you're looking for either, but I can copy-paste stuff from previous games about tribes and such. I remember we had a big thread for that in Dawn 2.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:20 pm
Not sure what you're looking for either, but I can copy-paste stuff from previous games about tribes and such. I remember we had a big thread for that in Dawn 2.
Mostly, just a thread I can subscribe to and that pings me if and only if there's a roll I must make or similar concern that must absolutely be addressed.

For example, right now, the only way to survey the festival mechanical side is to stalk that thread every couple of hours to check if Birb hasn't happened to post between two PC rolls, and it's kinda stressful, FOMO and all.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Canary

Post by Canary »

why did i sign up to write so many fucking monks
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

That sounds like a thread players could make that people post to when something new is posted.

Often we do have one of our more spreadsheet capable folks start organizing fail/pass lists. Just nobody felt that bug yet I guess.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:43 pm
You could have made a celibate one or two.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Canary wrote:
I only signed up to write one, and that's bad enough.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Togashi Satsuki

My search-fu is failing me right now.

What will be the number of In-Character days?

At which point is it the end of a Session for resetting things like Great Destiny, Luck, etc? Will XP be rewarded at the end of these sessions?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Canary wrote:
Masochism. Clearly.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Canary wrote:
And here I thought most monks were celibate. *rimshot*
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Togashi Satsuki

I just realised I posted my GM questions here and not in the GM thread. Maaaan. Where was my brain in that moment! :lol:
Theme | Profile

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:52 pm
I just realised I posted my GM questions here and not in the GM thread. Maaaan. Where was my brain in that moment! :lol:
Being misled by destiny
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Togashi Satsuki

Stupid destiny! Causing nothing but trouble!
Theme | Profile

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:57 pm
Stupid destiny! Causing nothing but trouble!
Set it on fire!
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

See I have a friend named Destiny.

...I'm going to have to call her a troublemaker the next time I see her.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

And apparently set her on fire.

Though I may avoid that part...
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

*reluctantly puts the marshmallows away*

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Let's not be hasty, Otomo-san...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:25 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:20 pm
Mostly, just a thread I can subscribe to and that pings me if and only if there's a roll I must make or similar concern that must absolutely be addressed.

For example, right now, the only way to survey the festival mechanical side is to stalk that thread every couple of hours to check if Birb hasn't happened to post between two PC rolls, and it's kinda stressful, FOMO and all.
It's definitely a lot harder to catch when in the midst of such busy threads. And the rolls thread is similarly quickly buried in rolls, so it's tough to see the "and make another roll" posts. Maybe more GM red text for visibility on those posts? Vs. red just for the link. XD
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description