Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:16 pm
For Day 2 Horrific Nightmares, could one call a raise on the Willpower roll to try and fight back against the source of the nightmares?
You know what? Sure!
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Just double checking, but anyone who doesn't sleep in evening/night slots will still roll for the sleep events, and just suffer consequences in any morning slots where they're sleeping?
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:21 pm
Just double checking, but anyone who doesn't sleep in evening/night slots will still roll for the sleep events, and just suffer consequences in any morning slots where they're sleeping?
Yuppers, you got it

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

For improving the camp (thank you Reo for starting this idea first), what would the TN be for crafting something like defensive stakes/palisades? Also assuming Intelligence is the trait used for crafting? :)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:33 am
For improving the camp (thank you Reo for starting this idea first), what would the TN be for crafting something like defensive stakes/palisades? Also assuming Intelligence is the trait used for crafting? :)
Adding in as the earth shugenja with stoneworking skills, how much does something like Summon help here?
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Yup. Gonna give that a 20.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:47 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Adding in as the earth shugenja with stoneworking skills, how much does something like Summon help here?
It's not super applicable to a largely wood-based endeavor like stakes and palisades, but it could improve anchoring them. So, a little bit.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:44 am
It's not super applicable to a largely wood-based endeavor like stakes and palisades, but it could improve anchoring them. So, a little bit.
That makes me wonder, what would wood fall under? I assume something multi-elemental, as a living thing, but maybe mostly Earth and Water?
Togashi Satsuki wrote: Snip
Tae-soo is camping elsewhere, but if you ask for help he might give a hand! He knows some woodcarving - just a bit, really, but it might help maybe?
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Could we purchase finger of jade here? I have an extra koku that I dont know why I kept around
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:04 pm
That makes me wonder, what would wood fall under? I assume something multi-elemental, as a living thing, but maybe mostly Earth and Water?
Water. Water is usually the element to do with healing, living stuff, and general changeability.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:28 pm
Could we purchase finger of jade here? I have an extra koku that I dont know why I kept around
Sadly not.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Some more Commune with kami before dayflip tonight.

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 9142#p9142
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Do we need to make any rolls here, or can we handwave that Reo and Ohta knows the effect of the dreamstone potion?

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=24&t=460
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:01 pm
Do we need to make any rolls here, or can we handwave that Reo and Ohta knows the effect of the dreamstone potion?

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=24&t=460
I was waiting for you to give the hare the potion to show the effects. XD But sure, yeah.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Those of us that received the Dreamstone. Do we know it's Corrupted jade or need to roll?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

On the D3 event - did everyone get invitations to go to the headwoman's house or something of the sort? I'm trying to figure out why Tae-soo would be there, and whether he'd take Ha-yeong or be wary to.

Also if we decide not to come - you mentioned it would count as failing in the event. Would that apply to things happening there specifically too?

Thanks! :)
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

A couple relating to this: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=14&t=566
1. Results from the Underworld roll?
2. Stealth or Investigation to identify good spots for ambushing others?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:56 am
Those of us that received the Dreamstone. Do we know it's Corrupted jade or need to roll?
Need to roll.
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:11 am
On the D3 event - did everyone get invitations to go to the headwoman's house or something of the sort? I'm trying to figure out why Tae-soo would be there, and whether he'd take Ha-yeong or be wary to.

Also if we decide not to come - you mentioned it would count as failing in the event. Would that apply to things happening there specifically too?

Thanks! :)
Yes, everyone got an invitations. She sent a runner from the village to the camp.

It would not. It only counts for other calculations.
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:21 am
A couple relating to this: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=14&t=566
1. Results from the Underworld roll?
2. Stealth or Investigation to identify good spots for ambushing others?
1. Fuck, I could have sworn I replied to that. I'll get on that.
2. Either one works.