Togashi Satsuki

Re: OOC Chat 2: Traitors

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Canary wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:11 am
Makime wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:04 am
What about returning daimyo, if I may ask?

Money and item wise.
Same deal. A lot of money goes through daimyo, not as much stays.
With all the Kami still around, I guess we're not quite at the absurd wealth levels Daimyo would have in more modern L5R. :lol:
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:37 pm
Reiko wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:36 pm
Not another one
What do you mean "not another one"? :shock:
Hey! It's not kidnapping if itsyan orphan, no one else was there to call dibs

That's how Reo got three of his kids...so far
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Togashi Satsuki

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:38 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Reiko wrote:
Not another one
Hey! It's not kidnapping if itsyan orphan, no one else was there to call dibs

That's how Reo got three of his kids...so far
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:29 am
With all the Kami still around, I guess we're not quite at the absurd wealth levels Daimyo would have in more modern L5R. :lol:
The system just started, it takes awhile for the graft to accrue.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Everyone wants to get in on the ground floor.

They tell 3 friends, who tell 3 friends, who....
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Makime

Post by Makime »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:46 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
The system just started, it takes awhile for the graft to accrue.
Let's just add "Develop a system of debt and interest" to the Makime generational to-do list.

Loooooooong term goals.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Canary

Post by Canary »

Makime wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:03 am
Let's just add "Develop a system of debt and interest" to the Makime generational to-do list.

Loooooooong term goals.
We will not be adding borrowing with interesting or its nightmare cousin, the stock market, for a very long time. The GM does enough political yelling about such things in real life.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Basically. Y'all just got above subsistence levels like 15 years ago.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nice pleasant fiction, very soothing. Sort of a lullaby!

So.... let's see how many of these we can force Birb to write for us before the game actually starts!

Re: Rokugan's economy- Sora still thinks the whole "my children have food whether I've killed anything today or not" thing is really, really neat.

Re: Panicky kids running around setting people on fire- The kids are all right 8-) Let Uncle Sora show you how to toss them onto the fire with a polearm... yep, into the ribs, then up and onto the blaze, one smooth motion, just like that! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!
Last edited by Jiyo Sora on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Reiko

Post by Reiko »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Reiko wrote:
Not another one
There are many things we try to keep hidden to protect you younger ones. I'm certain your dear mother is doing the same.
Spider Clan * Mother Spider * Reiko Daimyo * Shugenja * Prophet * Former Isawa Tribe * Fire * Blind * Well Educated * Experienced 2 * Kami Speak

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Reiko wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:33 am
There are many things we try to keep hidden to protect you younger ones. I'm certain your dear mother is doing the same.
Hell, I tell my kids about all this horrible crap, that way they can handle themselves if something comes up and I'm not around...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Makime

Post by Makime »

The world can be a harsh place, best to let the kids learn now while we are here to intervene. Then learn later as the knife is going in with no one to help.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:09 am
Re: Rokugan's economy- Sora still thinks the whole "my children have food whether I've killed anything today or not" thing is really, really neat.
Hell, I still think that IRL.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

The final Thunder is here:

Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

That comment is shockingly tasteful.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Canary

Post by Canary »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:36 pm

[snip]
I'll drink to that.

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Chugs.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

What was the dissertation about?

Togashi Satsuki

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:46 pm
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Chugs.
Oh no...

Now we will have HyperFox in Dawn! :o
Theme | Profile

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Barrel rolling?