Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:19 am
Can IRL time and date be announced through a service that does timezone conversion like https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... T12&p1=224? "Tomorrow at noon" is quite the ambiguous concept when a post can appear on any side of midnight depending on where the reader is.
That's part of the reason that, although it wasn't quoted, I include the time zone whenever I post when something's gonna happen. If someone wants to post a link like this in the roll-tracking thread people were talking about, that would be awesome. Unfortunately, trying to balance 10-12 hours a day of running this with a full time job and IRL stuff leaves at least me a little short of time/energy to fit more in at the moment.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

If Dreamstone were to be ground up to be experimented on, how many trials would you get?

I remember a finger of Jade got 7 projectile uses or 3 melee strikes in Dawn 2, so if guess along similar lines.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Are the heads of the Hiruma and Kaiu families actual daimyo, or are they just respected elders?

I ask because I almost name-dropped “Lord Kaiu” in one of my posts, but then realized that although Kaiu is on the official Families list, there is no Kaiu daimyo listed in the Champions and Daimyo almanac listing, and I’m not sure if that’s intentional or an oversight. So, I was pondering whether I should be referring to “Old Man Kaiu” instead. :)
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:43 pm
If Dreamstone were to be ground up to be experimented on, how many trials would you get?

I remember a finger of Jade got 7 projectile uses or 3 melee strikes in Dawn 2, so if guess along similar lines.
It's 3 uses for a single crystal to use it like this.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:18 pm
Are the heads of the Hiruma and Kaiu families actual daimyo, or are they just respected elders?

I ask because I almost name-dropped “Lord Kaiu” in one of my posts, but then realized that although Kaiu is on the official Families list, there is no Kaiu daimyo listed in the Champions and Daimyo almanac listing, and I’m not sure if that’s intentional or an oversight. So, I was pondering whether I should be referring to “Old Man Kaiu” instead. :)
It's an oversight. I'll add it.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:29 pm
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:43 pm

It's 3 uses for a single crystal to use it like this.
Ok cool. Can dreamstones be bought in town?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:37 pm
Ok cool. Can dreamstones be bought in town?
They are not that handy, sadly. You'll have to find one.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:19 am
Can IRL time and date be announced through a service that does timezone conversion like https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ ... T12&p1=224? "Tomorrow at noon" is quite the ambiguous concept when a post can appear on any side of midnight depending on where the reader is.
I think this has been solved previously with more like...'in x hours' which means everyone can track from the time of that post in whatever timezone they've set their forum settings to.

It will be wonky across the DST switch, but only off by an hour, so at least you'd be closeish.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=90&t=375

For the Meditation roll here, if you use a Void Point on your roll, do you get that one back if you manage to sleep successfully?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Question here: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=63&t=379

Also I'm assuming that if you don't sleep, you don't get back your VP?

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:03 pm

For the Meditation roll here, if you use a Void Point on your roll, do you get that one back if you manage to sleep successfully?
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:03 pm

Yes. If you manage to sleep, you regain Void as normal.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Does the excitement from having failed the Festival Earth roll impact the Meditation roll to sleep or are they (mechanically) unrelated?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:32 pm
Does the excitement from having failed the Festival Earth roll impact the Meditation roll to sleep or are they (mechanically) unrelated?
They were supposed to be related, but I forgor. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So it's just an everyone thing with no adjustments now.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I got the best reward from passing the earth roll. Having an excuse to be a stick in the mud.

*dab*
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

I made a successful Tea Ceremony roll LE. At the time, I asked if anyone needed to share the tea, since 1 extra person can benefit at no change to the TN. I didn't get a response, and so I rolled. Afterwards, Anjing's player woke up (Australia time), and responded.

Would it be okay to let her share the tea for +1VP? Again, this doesn't alter the result of the roll.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

I just realized I put Meditation/VOID meant to indicate I was using Void in my sleep roll. I always put Void in full capitals when I'm using it. It just occurred to me that it may be unclear since people don't necessarily know that. Would you like me to reroll?
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Canary

Post by Canary »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:34 pm
I made a successful Tea Ceremony roll LE. At the time, I asked if anyone needed to share the tea, since 1 extra person can benefit at no change to the TN. I didn't get a response, and so I rolled. Afterwards, Anjing's player woke up (Australia time), and responded.

Would it be okay to let her share the tea for +1VP? Again, this doesn't alter the result of the roll.
Yeah, sure.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Goju wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:35 pm
I just realized I put Meditation/VOID meant to indicate I was using Void in my sleep roll. I always put Void in full capitals when I'm using it. It just occurred to me that it may be unclear since people don't necessarily know that. Would you like me to reroll?
you're fine, keep it. As long as I know it's Void, you're good.

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Question here when you have time.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

We're still good for D1 rolling until D2 weather drops, right?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it