Haka Tae-soo

Re: Surprise Party Planning

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:53 pm
Snip
Yeah, that's totes fine! :) Seen GMs do it both ways, including the same GM. I just knew my real life unlucky would kick in XD

So one roll to resist knockdown per enemy then. Earth TN 20 as he'd done one raise for that when saving the spell. Let's hope!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Getting too late for me, you can puppet Kai going for (after we know who has been knocked out):

Simple Action: Move up to 40 feet toward enemy with lower TN in range
Simple Action: Melee Attack with katana (roll: 8k3, damages: 8k2)
Free Action: Move away 20 feet

ATN and co available in PF. No shenanigans of any sort I can think of.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

All targets prone besides Harbinger, atns -10 from listed numbers.
...or +10 against ranged attacks. Now everything's basically as hard for Ohta to hit as the Harbinger XD
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:50 am
...or +10 against ranged attacks. Now everything's basically as hard for Ohta to hit as the Harbinger XD
LIGHT HER UP! :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Couldn't hit TN35, let alone 40~ Oh well.
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:50 am
Whoops! Sorry. Could have waited to cast after you did your thing, but we tried to get things moving :/

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

It's fine. Would have missed TN25 anyways by 1, and I wouldn't have missed spending time with family today for anything ^^

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:22 am
It's fine. Would have missed TN25 anyways by 1, and I wouldn't have missed spending time with family today for anything ^^
Fair! Hope you enjoyed :)

We may want some planning for round 2 on!

DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

One perhaps obvious note- with an Earth of 3, and an ATN of 40, accuracy will be more important than raw damage, and trying for maneuvers which require Raises will be difficult.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:50 am
One perhaps obvious note- with an Earth of 3, and an ATN of 40, accuracy will be more important than raw damage, and trying for maneuvers which require Raises will be difficult.
I more or less expect defeating effigies and/or cultists may reduce her ATN... hope I'm not wrong

DescriptionTheme

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

I'll just be happy if she takes regular damage from regular things; Any number of normal shadowlands things would be pretty much impossible without spells/special weapons.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:07 am
I'll just be happy if she takes regular damage from regular things; Any number of normal shadowlands things would be pretty much impossible without spells/special weapons.
If you were at the Thunder picking your weapons count as Jade.
Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:20 pm
Briefly, incredibly briefly, the roiling stormclouds above part, and Lady Sun's glory shines down on all the people who stepped up to gather in this place to protect Ningen-do. Whatever their reasons, however they came to be there, the warmth of the sun shines down, dappling through the trees in rays that touch each person present.

[All weapons of those present are now considered Jade for penetrating reduction.]
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:07 am
Snip
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:24 am
Snip
Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:53 pm
Snip
I should probably have mentioned this before, but:

Heart of the Water Dragon goes off at TS's turn at the start of the first non-surprise round. He can target 4 allies (3 + himself) - but all must be within 25 ft of him. He should be at around 20 or 15 ft of the closest opponents right now, so within range of Anjing. Ohta just moved VERY far away (unless Tyrus allows her to change that and she's willing? She could keep some 25+15=40 ft away from opponents and still be within range). If Kai can keep within range thatd be great (should be easy if she also moves to Melee Range of any opponents)

If Ohta not moving SO far away cannot happen, I'd like to ask if it would be possible to target any of the Alternates at the back instead... definitely understandable if not, but would be nice to not lose targets, and with a 5 round duration it could be relevant!

EDIT: Adding to this so TS can be ghosted
Round 1 after the surprise round will have him finish casting Heart of the Water Dragon as a Complex Action. From where he is now he should be able to target himself, Anjing and Kai I think; if a fourth target is possible (either Ohta not moving so far away, or an Alternate if that'd be reasonable), then great. Otherwise, too bad.

He'd then move back a bit with a Free Action (up to 20 ft for him) to be some 30 ft away from the Harbinger and the cultists, which I guess could happen?

Keeping Defence Stance for now

Also note some more Ghosting instructions here

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 999#p18999

DescriptionTheme

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Well, for us melee characters, the -10 TN from Prone is effectively being quite critical here.

Got a lucky damage roll on Effigy 2, which Anjing had already greatly damaged, so it should be nothing but splinters right now.
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Good that it's probably down!

Just send a PM asking about how tied Initiative would work for Tae-soo's spell. If that allows the spell to go off, a VP for Init may be my best call since otherwise the Will roll to keep casting is pretty much impossible, and even casting anything else after that will be very hard.

With some luck the auto-heal may even kick in after the damage already... that'd go a looong way. Let's see and hope!

DescriptionTheme

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

I guess it's a good thing I rode out of range. Wish I had combat healing for people...

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I mean, at least I guess Void will be available going forward? :?

Carries:

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

True. I did save my Void Points too. ...which is good, since you can't use Full Attack with ranged attacks or while mounted.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:52 pm

Just send a PM asking about how tied Initiative would work for Tae-soo's spell. If that allows the spell to go off, a VP for Init may be my best call since otherwise the Will roll to keep casting is pretty much impossible, and even casting anything else after that will be very hard.

With some luck the auto-heal may even kick in after the damage already... that'd go a looong way. Let's see and hope!
I'm confused. Are you planning for round 3 or speaking of your round 2 turn?

So far, we have:

Round 1:
Tae's tsunami
Anjing and Kai striking at Effigy 2
Ohta's lost arrow
No enemy action because surprise

Round 2:
The Harbinger's action
Tae's ??? action
Kai's action that I already rolled this morning as the exact order of actions between two PC is not relevant
Soon to act Cultist 1
The rest of the PC group
The rest of the enemies

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:13 pm
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:52 pm

I'm confused. Are you planning for round 3 or speaking of your round 2 turn?

So far, we have:

Round 1:
Tae's tsunami
Anjing and Kai striking at Effigy 2
Ohta's lost arrow
No enemy action because surprise

Round 2:
The Harbinger's action
Tae's ??? action
Kai's action that I already rolled this morning as the exact order of actions between two PC is not relevant
Soon to act Cultist 1
The rest of the PC group
The rest of the enemies
I've spent Void to have Tae's init match the Harbinger's (58), so Heart of the Water Dragon goes off as Tae's action.

That means, for the next 5 rounds, Kai, Tae and Anjing heals 1k1 instantly whenever they take wounds ("instantly" suggests at the same time), but sadly the Harbinger's spell doesn't trigger it yet, only damage taken after that.

So we're still at +10 TNs, but any damage taken will lead to some healing and remove that penalty.

I'm assuming I'll have lost one target of the 4 I could reach since Ohta moved far away

DescriptionTheme