Ryoshun Nao

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

I can confirm at least one.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Makime

Post by Makime »

Alright so for the last event. We probably want to find the Battle folks and have us all roll first, so as it looks like the DR is cumulative. Right now after my roll we should be at -5 damage, if anyone thinks they can escape using Battle they probably need to let it be known now. Let's see if we can build up a nice buffer for the unlucky folks.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Subject: D7 LA-LE, Heaven or Hell
Shinsei wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:08 pm
A rumbling crack sounds thorough the air, and the shrine itself seems to expand and contort, drawing the gathered thunders inside its walls. A strange mix of sights awaits, as the pillars holding up the roof apear to pierce into the open sky. The interior has expanded to the size of a battlefield.

At the center of the shrine is Shinsei, standing with what might seem like an aloof posture at a distance, head raised to the sky. Approaching reveals the truth. His shoulders are not relaxed, but drooping as if from weight. Knees that appear at the ready shake from the battle with weariness, and it is impossible to tell if he looks up because he wants to, or because he cannot raise his head. The voice that emanates from him is somber, conveying a sense of resignation that chills the hearts of those that once heard it espouse the virtues of man.

"So dry today. I cannot close my eyes, for then I might sleep. But I can scarcely keep them open, with how withered they feel. I have no tears to spare, strengthening myself with a moment of weakness. Even the skies above deny me respite, shading away the sun but refusing to weep for the fate that has befallen me. Maybe it does not care. Maybe it is right not to..."

Finally Shinsei is able to lower his gaze, taking in the sight of those that stand before him.

"Please tell me, was I wrong all this time?"

Nanzi at home.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Makime wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:40 pm
Shang releases the greatest evil.

The marketing jingle
To be fair, I did steal the storytelling spot, so I'm partly to blame here.

But definitely eager to see people getting wilder and wilder with creative employ of skills to get through this situation.

Did you know that, were we to use a more cinematic system than the rigid DnD-like L5R, we could have such creative awesomeness all the time?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Satsuki will be saving her Earth and Void slots for Magic Uber in the final event to escape. That means 6 people will be able to get out without having to roll, in total.

She'll be using 3 of those on herself, Hikaru, and Shang. The remaining three will be saved for folks heavily into Wound penalties.

Embrace of Kenro-Ji-Jin [Core Rulebook]

Ring/Mastery: Earth 2 (Travel)
Range: Personal or Touch
Area of Effect: 1 target creature
Duration: 1 hour
Raises: Duration (+1/2 hour)
This spell allows the target (who can be the caster or one other person) to literally dive into the ground, which becomes as clear and easy to traverse as water for him. He can see for a distance of 100 yards through the earth, and can move through it in any direction as easily as though he were in normal air. The target can see through the edge of the earth into the normal world, but he cannot attack, cast spells, speak, hear, or otherwise interact with those outside the earth unless he emerges from the ground (at which point the spell immediately ends). If the spell ends while the target is still underground, the Earth spirits are offended by the target's continued presence, and immediately expels him into the nearest open air, wherever that might be.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Seems like all 11 villagers were saved from themselves!
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:02 pm
With the power of burnination
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

A warm fire is a comfort, and a bonfire's an attraction.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

now's the time they throw themselves into the fire?
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

A hot time in the old town tonight!
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

The Dream of Jigoku

Post by The Dream of Jigoku »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
How sad for them, to be robbed of their reward...
Nightmare | The Shaper of Form | Terrifying

"Beyond the shadow you settle for, there is a miracle illuminated."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Please don't unlock a new fetish...
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

The Dream of Jigoku wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:47 pm
Wow. Nice pic.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

The Dream of Jigoku wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:47 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:02 pm
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:06 pm
snip
What? Oh no.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Dream of Jigoku, more like Wet Dream of Jigoku...

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

So, I thought I read somewhere that people could join the Last Respite to good-bye to the Thunders before they headed out. I apparently was wrong. So, sorry to Canary and everyone else about that. I ask that my and any relevant post be deleted.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:23 pm
So, I thought I read somewhere that people could join the Last Respite to good-bye to the Thunders before they headed out. I apparently was wrong. So, sorry to Canary and everyone else about that. I ask that my and any relevant post be deleted.
Hey, you're good, man. Happens to the best of us from time to time. :)
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:09 pm

Dream of Jigoku, more like Wet Dream of Jigoku...
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo