Kaijarisuigyo

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:17 pm
Uuugh, I'm an adult now! I do as I want!
I think the first line of the Duty chapter of Bushido is:
"You don't."
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Since it became a topic of conversation over night and appears to have been inferred that I was the source of the Lucid Dreaming concern (though the details appear to be somewhat inaccurate), I’ll briefly describe the exegesis of the misunderstanding.

I made an error in interpretation, which was shared by the GM, as to how the new advantage worked on rolls (and was initially ruled as such in the Questions thread). Prior to rolling I asked the GM if I could use Lucid Dreaming in the morning threads. Receiving the go ahead, I then rolled my dice pool.

Later when it was pointed out that interpretation was the wrong interpretation of the rules Canary asked me to reroll and I replied affirmatively.

I can’t really speak to the attribution of negative motivations to my behavior other than to say I don’t intend to do wrong by anybody. I enjoy playing the game and creating stories with people who are interested in interacting with my characters. I certainly hope to continue to have fun and shared enjoyment with everyone while still being human and occasionally making mistakes with a system I don’t really spend that much time playing.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

For the record. You're awesome.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

I'll just helpfully add, all my statements stand. If they don't apply to you, they don't apply.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:18 pm
For the record. You're awesome.
Thanks! The feeling is mutual!
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Honestly, this whole affair is silly. There's literally zero hint anything was done in bad faith, and the consequences are kinda whatever. Some rolls were a bit easier for the players than expected? Who cares? They weren't even PC versus PC rolls, so no one was unjustly favored or likewise.

I was mercifully asleep when it seems to have exploded. But I guess this is one again a problem of people seeking some outlet for their stress? Needing something to overfocus about to avoid dealing with maybe more real issues?

Don't get wrong: They have been actual problems of people going to any length to achieve their IC objectives in previous games. Dawn 2 and 3 weren't perfect in that regard, no matter how hard a blind eye was turned on a certain prominent player's behavior. And, from how hard Birb broke on one day in this one, I suspect this game wasn't spared a certain degree of "bullying your way in" either.

However, on an actual non-problem like that, people are at each other throat? What the fuck?
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Look.

In one of the Naishou games, I was somehow turning Usagi Ginhiko's Haredeviled 12k5 Athletics rolls into 10k7 instead of 10k6 (because brain bad). Nobody else gotchaed me on it, I just actually had my head on straight going to do the roll one day and went, "hold the damn phone, that's not how basic arithmetic works" and self-reported.

That mistake's far harder to justify than confusion over the effects of a new Advantage that most players are using for the first time on the last in-game day.

Hell, I'm the guy whose Void 2 character attempted to make Called Shots in the zombie fight because I genuinely didn't understand the rules as written based upon them having been handwaved in prior games, including those with entirely different GM staffs.

Mistakes happen. We can try to minimize them, but it's just a fact.

I'd prefer we not impute motives to the slip-ups of others when, going off of my own example, I screw up as often as I do out of brainfry, ignorance, or leftover house rulings rattling around my brain.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

I never attribute something to malice that I can attribute to error or stress or both.

And even then, y'all are still my friends, so I don't mind <3 Please keep being yourselves and let's defend Ningendo!
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:47 pm
I never attribute something to malice that I can attribute to error or stress or both.

And even then, y'all are still my friends, so I don't mind <3 Please keep being yourselves and let's defend Ningendo!
Amen!
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Yumi wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:03 am
At the point that people are assuming "Raise the Ring by 1" means they take their Agility 4 to 5 when raising their Fire from 3 to 4 without asking a GM, I don't think we are in the realm of trust, respect, or caring.
If a player didn't assume it on their own, then this isn't true. Y'all need to chill out.
Last edited by Yumi on Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Indeed!

The game is fun! It’s a blast to play with everyone!

I’m always grateful for the time everyone spends on making these games as awesome as they are.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Nobody asked to use Random.org. it's because it's easy, as you can just put the number into the splash page, you can out any number in, and and I trust the people here to do it correctly.
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:43 pm
However, on an actual non-problem like that, people are at each other throat? What the fuck?
I have been doing my fucking damndest to give the benefit of the doubt. I really have. But the bullying has gotten stupid egregious.

I have had more than enough of people going around and assuming ill intent and generally using GM Questions and other means to go after particular players. No one cheated. A bunch of players assumed one approach when it was another. Players do that all the time. It's not a sign of disrespect.

We are all PEOPLE. Treat each other with respect or leave each other alone.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Ill intent was read into my messages and lead everyone to preach about not reading ill intent into people's messages. This is hilarious, sad, and frustrating. I am quite careful not to speak on something I don't know fully, and so speak to controlled situations instead. If you read anything I've said over again, you will see that.

That is all I have to say, I rest to find my peace.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Did y'all see the weather?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:31 pm
Bad time for rain. :cry:
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:31 pm
It was really nice here today.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

In the future, the fight against the Harbinger will be remembered by making, and eventually breaking, papier-mâché roly-poly toys.

This is to represent how they (well, mostly their troops, but let's not sweat the details) kept being sent prone, stood up, only to fall again.

Yes, it's once again one of these battles where we're abusing the Prone status.

Because -10 to ATN and inability to stand up and make a complex action in the same round does throw a wrench into many strategies.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I'm just glad Harby's body count is lower than the Dream of Jigoku's :lol:

Carries:

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:47 am
In the future, the fight against the Harbinger will be remembered by making, and eventually breaking, papier-mâché roly-poly toys.

This is to represent how they (well, mostly their troops, but let's not sweat the details) kept being sent prone, stood up, only to fall again.

Yes, it's once again one of these battles where we're abusing the Prone status.

Because -10 to ATN and inability to stand up and make a complex action in the same round does throw a wrench into many strategies.
Welcome to yoritomo bushi.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet