Jiyo Sora

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:05 pm
Also, Sora:
Poor, poor Toshigure.

That was a dark time for the Lion Clan.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:10 pm
Poor, poor Toshigure.

That was a dark time for the Lion Clan.
Weren't most times?

*sighs nostalgically*

Anyway, getting to be time to say
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:28 am
I remember Akodo Toshigure in Winter Court III.

Poor guy was (according to the Second City boxed set) meant to be a feared duelist.

Lost every single iai duel he got into the whole damn game.

(Also, shout out to 5th edition finding a way to make dueling even worse, somehow)

The fact that only about two bushi schools directly reference dueling (Kakita and Mirumoto) while a third (Shiba) actually encourages a high Void and lets you situationally cheat at any one roll left everybody else out in the cold without brutal XP expenditures.

The problem is, it's meant to be something literally any bushi can do, but somehow it uses a different skill entirely than, say, using your damn sword in any other circumstance.
Different skill and Different stats. You could easily go. Assessment - Perception. Focus - Willpower. Strike - Agility. And keep the iai skill and it would simply be better, and strengthen the usefulness of both water and earth rings.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Seems this shoulda been whipped out days ago...

ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:58 am
Seems this shoulda been whipped out days ago...

Seeing as I seem to have access again. Allow me to advise you that you mistake peoples complaints for heated aggression, while they are in truth sourced from exhaustion. People are simply tired.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny
What is Expected - Status: None - Glory: 1.0

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Some complaints can be construed as aggression because they certainly can be aggressive.

Let's slack a bit on the GM team. They did great, the ask was immense.

Let's do some introspection about our own behavior
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:50 am
Some complaints can be construed as aggression because they certainly can be aggressive.

Hush. Nobody is attacking any GM far as I'm aware. Learn what you're talking about before you weigh in.
Vagrant | Hunter | Loner | Tribal Ways | Follower of the Path | Dream Necklace | Jade Necklace | Great Destiny

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Yumi wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:07 am
Learn what you're talking about before you weigh in.
Hmm... How to state that.

If even I, with my Failure of Diplomacy, find that to be nothing but extra fuel to the fire, it likely is. At the very least, stated like that.

EDIT: Edited for typos. No change in message content.
Last edited by Kaijarisuigyo on Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Let's simply stop painting people as villains when you don't know what's going on.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

I don't have to see the complains to see how they affect the GMs

Something is wrong here.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

I don't know if I need to remind you, that I have been and continue to be the most vocally supportive of Canary's health. That has not changed, and will not change. It truly is one of the few things I care about here.

I have seen time and time again people twist things to be aggressive, and inflammatory, when they simply aren't. Bad behavior should be called out. Needs to be called out. I'm so tired of letting it slide to maintain peace.

Please, recognize that as true and reflect on my words.

Yumi

Post by Yumi »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:12 am
Yumi wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:07 am
Learn what you're talking about before you weigh in.
Hmm... How to state that.

If even I, with my Failure of Diplomacy, find that to be nothing but extra fuel to the fire, it likely is. At the very least, stated like that.

EDIT: Edited for typos. No change in message content.
I'm sorry I don't meet your standards enough for you to opt not to belittle me.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

What is this bad behavior you speak of?

I also am concerned for Boss Bird's health both physical and mental. Many of us are.
Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:50 am

I was not specific, did not target anyone here.

Like I said in the other thread: Harm is not a always a question of intent but always a question of impact

Canary

Post by Canary »

Guys, please. I am okay.

I know everyone is concerned and has their own ways of expressing it. Everyone's feelings are valid here. So let's all take a breath.

I know my reactions to things this game have been troubling for some. I'll be doing my best to keep it together going forward.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

The circle is complete this is wonderful, nice timeline.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Purified Nanzi and Doji as painted by Nanzi Ai.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

"You're welcome." -Kakita to Hadananzi for almost one-shotting him and putting him on the right path... with violence.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"You talk too much."

Sora to Kakita, on general principles :lol:

Carries:

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

*cuts Sora’s head off… without a word*
;)
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

"Better."

Carries: