Saru Shang

Re: The EMPIRE Needs YOU!

Post by Saru Shang »

I think we have enough void-recoverers but Shang also has the ability to do it as well. Once per day, however but for three people! Just getting pitching that in there!
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara will need void recover D4, so do we have a shared tea party somewhere we want to shoot magic void points and teacups at each other?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

For clarity sake, I will attach here the letter I sent the daimyos and Sora regarding what was found in the recon mission. I recommended a course for purification of the cave so just leaving that in the open:
"Minna-samas,

The recon mission was a success. We managed to identify several ambush spots and placed signaling traps in case the enemy decides to use those avenues to attack us.

Furthermore, we uncovered a cave filled with veins and deposits of dreamstone. The influence of the dreamstone seemed to be seeping into the water. We did not explore further as the sheer pressure exerted by such magnitudes of dreamstone made us feel extremely drowsy and, as such, it was best to retreat and inform the rest of the camp.

I wholeheartedly recommend that shugenja be sent to this cave in order to purify or seal the cave. Such a menace so near to the village is a dangerous neighbor. If such course is chosen I do not mind going and protecting any of the priests while they perform their rituals. I would also recommend any of the honorable samurai that accompanied me, Nanzi Ai, Togashi Satsuki, Hisomu Goju and Otomo Akutou.

Attached I have put a map detailing the location of the cave as well as of the traps that we have placed.

Hiruma Naraku"
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:21 am
(tag)
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:54 pm
(tag)
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:27 pm
(tag)
Shugenja who can cast Water spells (like Reflections of Pan Ku) and/or are certified Rocks Experts, on D4 Otaku will want to put together a hazmat investigation team for the dreamstone cavern/lake that the scouting team found D3. Quite possibly this has something to do with whatever's wrong with the river, too. If you're interested, let me know?

Not limited to water/earth capable shugenja, other sorts of expertise could be useful too, but I figured you all would be especially interested. Probably don't want more than 4-5 people total so it doesn't get bonkers crowded.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

I don't mind being there to give some insights and to help plan. I do have spellcraft as well.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Otaku wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:36 pm
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
(tag)
Kaiu Tai wrote:
(tag)
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
(tag)
Shugenja who can cast Water spells (like Reflections of Pan Ku) and/or are certified Rocks Experts, on D4 Otaku will want to put together a hazmat investigation team for the dreamstone cavern/lake that the scouting team found D3. Quite possibly this has something to do with whatever's wrong with the river, too. If you're interested, let me know?

Not limited to water/earth capable shugenja, other sorts of expertise could be useful too, but I figured you all would be especially interested. Probably don't want more than 4-5 people total so it doesn't get bonkers crowded.
Reo is definitely going to go, maybe will tag along if the group isn't too unweildy
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Talk to the village head about this?
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:03 pm
Talk to the village head about this?
Had already asked Canary for a meeting yday with her. Unsure if Wu would be there, had thought 1 on 1 but I'm open to anything :D

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Allright! If you want me to be there, I can. But I won't impose myself
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Otaku wrote:
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
(tag)
Kaiu Tai wrote:
(tag)
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
(tag)

Strong on the earth side of things. Slow on the posting side. But game. I do think you likely want someone with Dreamstone knowledge since it's not general info.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:20 pm
Otaku wrote:
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
(tag)
Kaiu Tai wrote:
(tag)
Ryoshun Nao wrote:
(tag)

Strong on the earth side of things. Slow on the posting side. But game. I do think you likely want someone with Dreamstone knowledge since it's not general info.
Yeah, definitely (Reo, Naraku... who else has that?)

Tai would be an obvious choice for cave/mine/stone knowledge generally though!
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Otaku wrote:
Snip
The cave does sound exactly in line with an answer I got to 'how can the River be helped', so I'd be interested!

Water-focused with at least some combat utility (at least hopefully), but I could sit out or just provide some support in advance (Silent Waters available opens a few doors!) if others are more directly involved.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

I expect investigation rather than ambush, though of course Canary and Tyrus could always surprise us. :?

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Let's hope you're right!

Tae-soo is rather decent at Investigation, so might be a good choice in that regard.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Sounds like Tai and Tae-soo are the best for this. I'm weaker with water and average with earth.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:07 pm
Allright! If you want me to be there, I can. But I won't impose myself
*Imperial arched eyebrow*

My diplomacy senses tell me that your presence is probably a very good idea...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:54 pm
*Imperial arched eyebrow*

My diplomacy senses tell me that your presence is probably a very good idea...
Sora was bitten by a radioactive diplomat, confirmed

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:09 pm
Sora was bitten by a radioactive diplomat, confirmed
I mean... can you look at his Dawn 1 version and suspect anything else?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:27 pm
I mean... can you look at his Dawn 1 version and suspect anything else?
Marriage?

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:29 pm
Marriage?
Bitten by a Radioactive Diplomat, Married a Fortune, what's the difference?

Carries: