Sugri

Re: Surprise Party Planning

Post by Sugri »

If the anti-Void effigy is out you might want to take out the cultists before she can use them as bloodbags again.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sugri wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:14 pm
If the anti-Void effigy is out you might want to take out the cultists before she can use them as bloodbags again.
Yep, make her work for her casting.

Also, safe bet the other Effigy has some nasty trick it can do.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

*does as suggested*
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:27 pm
*does as suggested*
Cultist 2 is probably still prone since they didn't act yet, but a 45 will still hit, so I think it's fine.

Good!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Yup, fortunately.

*watches Anjing go*

...having a bushi that's ranged and has rank 4 simple attacks really does hurt the group here. It's like I'm halving a member's damage.
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:45 pm
Yup, fortunately.

*watches Anjing go*

...having a bushi that's ranged and has rank 4 simple attacks really does hurt the group here. It's like I'm halving a member's damage.
Ranged attacks very rarely get SAA anyhows, so *shrugs*

Also... *looks at Thunder fight*. We've actually got a good mix! As long as we keep doing things consistently it's all good I guess!

Will just be useful to organise well to avoid standing in each other's way again! Sorry about that btw!

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Going to bed soon. Updated my ghosting instructions to try to maul Effigy 1. In case the battlefield shifts too much, deferring to you people to redefine Kai's strategy.
Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:45 pm
Yup, fortunately.

*watches Anjing go*

:person_shrugging:

In one turn, when we'll all be in hefty wound penalties from the Harbinger's AOE attack, or under magical darkness, or whatever the GM have in store for us, you'll still have a good attack a turn when we'll be striking twice at the air.

Also, it's a low pressure battle. A simple sideshow to the Thunders. Nobody will get mad if we're just meh. I'm not sure other players are even looking at it.

... At least, that was my reasoning when I picked it.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Fair.

Hopefully if the cultists are out/dead here, things won't be AoE attack city too.

And Ohta would get SAA ranged attacks at rank 4! Even if no other school techniques effect attack rolls. It's a wacky little shinobi school.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Oh, that's actually good then! Although the school does feel a bit wacky if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Hitting IR 4 with this xp isn't easy though, there's that.

And Kai is right that you may keep hitting consistently for longer. Hopefully we'll prevent more AoE fest from happening! At least one of those cultists should be dead or almost, and the other one shouldn't be looking great either... unless they're Earth 4 :o

DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Even Harbinger's not Earth 4 :lol:

Also.... some of us are IR 2 four games in :lol:

EDIT: Hmmmm, if no cultists means no maho...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Anjing and Kai, don't forget to heal 1k1 each time you take Wounds! Anjing heals 2k2 for 2 hits, Kai 1k1

DescriptionTheme

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:53 pm
Snip
Tyrus, mind if I roll the Water Dragon heals for Kaijarisugyo and Anjing so I know how they're looking like? I'm not sure how it's easier to deal that tbh. Since it's immediately each time we take Wounds, rolling it alongside damage may be the easiest, but don't want to give you extra work.

Edit: Anjing's player said he's fine with me rolling the heals for him. So if you're fine with that I'll go ahead and do it to keep things moving!

DescriptionTheme

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

That's fine with me
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Tyrus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:11 am
That's fine with me
Roger that!
Will be afk for half an hour or so, will do so when coming back. I could roll Kaijari's heal as well so the player can do their thing when they wake up without having to remember that, if that's fine with you.

DescriptionTheme

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Anjing wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:21 pm
Snip
Tyrus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:11 am
Snip
Well of course XD

D7 MA - Heart of the Water Dragon healing on Anjing (2 hits by the Harbinger, so 2k2) | 2k2 ⇒ 4

D7 MA - Heart of the Water Dragon healing on Kai (1 hits by the Effigy, so 1k1) | 1k1 ⇒ 15

So Kai recovers 15, Anjing recovers 4 (...). Both are not suffering +10 TN penalties due to the Maho spell anymore.

I'll have to be afk for longer, just phone rolled this, so for now - I'm kinda waiting on Anjing's player to see if they think they can stand for another round or not. If they NEED healing now, TS can move in to do that... although I'm casting at +15 TN, so healing won't be as good, and that places TS in danger.

Otherwise, TS can heal himself. He heals a bit when casting, so no Maho penalties...
EDIT: Adding in healing already;
D7 MA - Heart of the Water Dragon healing on Tae-soo when he cuts himself to cast on Round 2. Removes +10 TN for maho spell. | 1k1 ⇒ 1

He heals ONE. ONE wound. Anyhows, at least no wound penalties.

He'd be rolling 9k4 for PTiP, against TN 25 since +15 wound penalties. So not great healing either way. Healing himself may be better to keep him useful, but is otherwise a lost round and doesn't help keep Anjing alive.

I'll let Anjing's player decide based on how screwed she is.

And with that... I'll probably have to leave that to ghosting after Anjing's player answers, as I"ll have to be out for longer here :( Sorry!
Last edited by Haka Tae-soo on Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

DescriptionTheme

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Wish I had noticed this earlier, sorry I've been dealing with exhaustion:

Prone does not impact incoming ranged attacks. It's all negative, no positive.

Too late now to retcon Ohta's missed shot since the target is already dead but something to know for the future.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Hah! Damn DnD influence caught us with our trousers down again :p

Good to know though! Thanks, Sven!

EDIT: Just talked to Anjing's player. I'll hold ahead and phone post my turn before I go then so we can get things moving!

DescriptionTheme

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Get Tae-Soo back up and healthy! Hoping Anjing can take one more round of punishment.
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Sakkaku didn't want that to happen. Got a 26 on 9k4 and healed 1 wound.

Well. I may just try and cast something damaging next round instead... fuck

DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

From deep on the bench, if no alternates tag in, I nominate you guys for Minor Fortunes of Badassery...

Carries: