Otomo Akutou

Re: Combat Day 2 Planning

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Thank you; I had so neglected, and I have amended.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

If we need someone to take care of the villager directly in the path of the wolves, Yukara could take care of them on her way in, as she isn't fast enough to reach the wolves in 1 round, so she'll have to move partway this turn.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

I'll be standing and stringing my bow.
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Given round 1 isn't really combat actions for a lot of us, I'm going to go ahead and post my move - it should free yall to do what you need/want to do.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Sounds good. I've now done the same.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I don't know if any of you are confident in killing the lesser wolves - Yukara will be going for the big one for lore reasons, she's been hunting it for a year so she's kinda tunnel-vision now.

Also to be fair, she has one jaded hit on her weapon, so if that matters, she wants it to go into the big one.

She'll try and draw aggro if you want to backstab them, big or small.

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

I've grabbed either one or two villagers depending on distances, because Horse.

I probably have the most mobility, so I can zoom around to ride down stragglers or relieve anybody who needs backup. Though once we get the villagers all out I presume we'll mostly just go to melee (with the exception of Akutou as our ranged backstop?).
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Horse so fast.

Yeah I expect it to become a bit of a melee scrum, but if the pack doesn't swarm Yukara, that may end up not being the case.

So depends what the wolves get up to.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara very selfishly might ask people not to finish off the big wolf if it goes to down/out without dying.

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Got the last villager out. I would be deeply grateful if you fine samurai can keep the woofs busy enough that they don't all rush and eat my poor brave horse before my turn on Round 3. I promise to do some damage thereafter? :?
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara is trying to get aggro.

And back on topic of planning: If Naraku delays until after Yukara goes, I can go ahead and budget him a use of my technique for a free +1k1 on a roll, but only if he hasn't gone yet.

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:45 am
If Naraku delays until after Yukara goes, I can go ahead and budget him a use of my technique for a free +1k1 on a roll, but only if he hasn't gone yet.
Naraku is on Euro time and likely asleep for at least a few more hours. I guess we can either make the call and say he delays if you want to go now, or else wait for his answer and then likely pick up the flow of combat some time tomorrow US time.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I will go ahead and roll my stuff - if he *really* wants to go ahead, he can, but I figure a free +1k1 is fine by him, given nothing will interrupt him anyway.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

You did well Yukara. I tried to stay awake but after 4 AM it was a bit difficult
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Apologies for my absence and performance.

I am trying to keep at least one puppy occupied.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Ow.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Yeah.

And I still can't hit for shit, somehow.

Might have to commit sudoku for the shame of it.

(Yes, I know.)

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yeah, Sakkaku bent all your arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:34 am
Yeah, Sakkaku bent all your arrows.
It happens.

I'm just sorry it's happening here.

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Yeah, dice luck has been uneven this fight. Definitely a thing that happens. But at least we've been fortunate that the unevenness is distributed sort of across the party and not all in favor of the monsters/against the PCs :P