What should the focus of next game's miai be?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:36 pm

A general miai where most people are trying to get married, with the Crown Princess as the central focus.
86%
A miai just focused on competing for the Crown Princess' hand.
14%

Total votes: 22

Canary

Re: Poll for Next Game

Post by Canary »

Otaku wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:18 pm
snip
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:34 pm
snip
Among other reasons, it's because in Year 50 is when Genji got married in canon. Unless I have some really keen idea for shenangans the immediate children of the next arc's characters yet into, this will be the shortest time jump between arcs. Apologies for those who are disappointed. :(
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Otaku wrote:
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:53 pm
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:41 pm
What's the time jump, potentially?
20 years
Oh, for some reason I thought longer!

Like ‘Kami and characters from this game actually won’t be around anymore’ longer, for some reason. :?
Well, if we lose....
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

I mean, yeah, in fairness, this does assume you win. Not much room for fun, silly miais during KYD.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Then we can all be Demonfuckers.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:44 pm
Otaku wrote:
snip
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:34 pm
snip
Among other reasons, it's because in Year 50 is when Genji got married in canon. Unless I have some really keen idea for shenangans the immediate children of the next arc's characters yet into, this will be the shortest time jump between arcs. Apologies for those who are disappointed. :(
No worries if you have plans for it, I am here no matter the time jump.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

We could all be dead and win too!
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:46 pm
I mean, yeah, in fairness, this does assume you win. Not much room for fun, silly miais during KYD.
But YJ just wants us to be our very best.

I'm sure organizing a Bene Gesserit style genealogical program fits in with that somehow.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:55 pm
But YJ just wants us to be our very best.

I'm sure organizing a Bene Gesserit style genealogical program fits in with that somehow.
Like no one ever was.

... you're not wrong! What a good idea!

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Shiba Kumori wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:48 pm
We could all be dead and win too!
Dead or alive, Sora won't be reprised as a PC, so... I'm down for whatever :lol:

I will say, a 20-year gap would let me stick with Plan A for the next game. 50 years... might draw some margins on credulity if I stick with that...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I'm here for time skips - letting a new cast shuffle onto the stage.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

time skips are grand!

I am wondering if this is the current crown princess, or if a new one pops up sometime.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:21 am
time skips are grand!

I am wondering if this is the current crown princess, or if a new one pops up sometime.
Are you saying you don't want to marry a 50-60 year old princess? xD
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Might just be 45 or so?

But that would likely determine my stance on things. 1/2 gods may be long lived and still look young but that age difference is kinda awkward.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

On the plus side it gives a good excuse to bring an old character to a miai game.

'Sure I'm pushing 60 but my first spouse died and now I'm back on the market and have more in common with you then any of these youngsters!'
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Sugri wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:44 am
On the plus side it gives a good excuse to bring an old character to a miai game.

'Sure I'm pushing 60 but my first spouse died and now I'm back on the market and have more in common with you then any of these youngsters!'
The character I plan on bringing will be 37.

With Kami-follower glowup, that's actually not unreasonable.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

I think Genji lived to be like 200+ years in canon.

So prime of life for Tokiwa!
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:56 am
I'm here for time skips - letting a new cast shuffle onto the stage.
That'll happen no matter what. No reprises next game.

The era will feel quite different, especially as we get into it, since this will be the era when a lot of culture and traditions are set in stone, Clan identities and roles solidify, etc. I don't think anyone will need to worry about it not being different enough.

Canary

Post by Canary »

For a variety of reasons, we will be shifting next game to 25 years on instead of 20, and the Crown Princess in question will be the third generation, at about age 20. So it'll be a little bit more of a typical miai in some ways.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Out of curiosity, will initial followers of the kami still be alive then? Not that I plan to bring Reo, but it would be curious. That level of time skip definitely puts things in descendants of this generation timeframe for romance.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

It's 25 years later, so I guess you could have one around 70~ years old.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack