Makime

Re: Nebulous Group Meal Party Planning

Post by Makime »

Is Naraku a teenager?

I hear the villagers are used to youthful indiscretions like mass poisoning, so it should be fine.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Makime wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:06 am
Is Naraku a teenager?

I hear the villagers are used to youthful indiscretions like mass poisoning, so it should be fine.
It's just a prank, bro!

Can we squeeze the villagers in between the rough improvements we've been making for the camp... like the pit-traps, and wooden stakes?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:09 am
Can we squeeze the villagers in between the rough improvements we've been making for the camp... like the pit-traps, and wooden stakes?
I mean, jokes aside, someone could ward the meal site...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:11 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
...I am okay with this, but do it discretely if you may. No need worrying the poor villagers.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

I mean Kenji has nothing past what he brought for himself. He'd also vote on not straining our food supplies without means to easily replace them.

But as it's going to happen. He could be convinced to hunt as a favor, but he'd want it returned in some form later.

As feeding a bunch of people he doesn't trust is not in his priorities.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

The Word of a Discordant Bird wrote:I figure you guys can sort something out with foraging, hunting, and rations. It's all good.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:44 am
Otaku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:42 am
Everyone came individually
Not the Craaaaaaaaaab! :lol:
Who still didn't come with a retinue and train with a bunch of extra supplies. XD

But just from a general 'how people work' standpoint, the response to "we're upset you didn't eat our food" is not to offer to cook for them. That's actually going to be read as rude by normal people. 'oh, you won't eat our stuff, but we're supposed to come eat yours?' Even worse when we're trying to make it out of rations and hastily hunted game.

Try something a bit more coming together to clear the air. Sharing stories or something of that nature.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 3:11 am
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
If it's in camp, we'll likely have that handled. Elsewhere's rough as we're likely spreading fire slots a bit thin at that point. (we are probably at the point of needing to really figure out how many tents a ward covers and actually get that set up)
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:13 am
Try something a bit more coming together to clear the air. Sharing stories or something of that nature.
Proposal was made at the party. I'm just working with what I've got.

Carries:

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Welp, if the weirdo who's already drugged us twice isn't offended by the idea like a normal human...I guess that's where it's going. *shrug*
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

We could also try asking various villagers what, if anything, they actually would like from us. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've been hesitant to bug for NPC time personally, but it would make sense.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

I mean the plan was made before the villagers got all offended, so changing course wouldn't exactly be out of order.

But I've not got much stake in things whichever way this goes.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Makime

Post by Makime »

ICly after getting over the shock of the idea, Makime will do her best to preserve as much of the camp's rations as possible in case they are needed.

Beyond that, sure do whatever outside of the camp and without using up a significant chunk of the supplies.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

The only real ward Kyosei knows creates a very bright light, as though outdoors at noon, on a sunny day. Lasts 10 minutes. Great for exploring the shrine, but bad for trying to sleep in.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Stop trying to cook me!
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 7:36 am
Stop trying to cook me!
So sashimi it is!

Carries:

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

I am going to play music.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Do we know IC the food is drugged? I suppose some of our scientists have run analysis on it? Could someone point me to the thread in question?

OOC, I'm not convinced the villagers are evil. Like, yes, the food is full of weird stuff, but it might be coming from a, maybe ill advised, attempt at protecting us from malign nightmares rather than to put them into their clutch.

I vaguely remember people discussing a pretty big Sincerity roll, so I guess someone did try ask Enrou? Wouldn't say no to the link to the thread either.

In general, a compiled list of threads relevant to that particular plotline would be so nice to have. With 720 topics, searching for it yourself is a nightmare, and it would help people understand what's going on rather than warp the rumor even more.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Reo has food rations and a not terrible roll for cooking to help out. He can say that there is game in the area if you want to hunt. he managed to catch a rabbit earlier.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:07 am
Do we know IC the food is drugged? I suppose some of our scientists have run analysis on it? Could someone point me to the thread in question?

OOC, I'm not convinced the villagers are evil. Like, yes, the food is full of weird stuff, but it might be coming from a, maybe ill advised, attempt at protecting us from malign nightmares rather than to put them into their clutch.

I vaguely remember people discussing a pretty big Sincerity roll, so I guess someone did try ask Enrou? Wouldn't say no to the link to the thread either.

In general, a compiled list of threads relevant to that particular plotline would be so nice to have. With 720 topics, searching for it yourself is a nightmare, and it would help people understand what's going on rather than warp the rumor even more.
This is the thread with a big Sincerity pool. Linked to the first roll, which actually wasn't that great. Her second roll was much higher.
https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 805#p12805

I think there would be enough info to put together that something was wrong with the food if everyone shared their info. Perhaps everyone could share with our two leadership groups, and those two groups could distribute it out to everyone? There's a lot of stuff, and building all the IC chains necessary is getting to be a bit of a headache.

The one exception the the rules sharing, imo, would be the translated notes. Those should be known only by the people who are going to try to see the protective ritual described therein completed.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:07 am

It's fairly easy to put it together especially when those that didn't eat woke to monsters in the night, and those that did didn't wake. Mind you Kenji just finds it suspicious as heck for the most part. Especially after the drugging day one and how Enrou was acting.

At the very least he suspected something was up with the food. That they cared so much about him not eating their winter stores only made things worse. Why are you paying so much attention to who is not eating at a feast or caring?

Add in that people that spend more time with the villagers are acting a lot like nothing is out of the ordinary. Well he's figuring the villagers might have done something to them as well. Just adding to his distrust levels.