Togashi Satsuki

Re: Memorable Moments

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Makime wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:01 pm
It was horrific. Monstrous visions of horrible shapes clawing and screaming. The denizens of Jigoku itself screeching and pulling at the edges of reality. Fear and terror reigned, Shiro Makime burned. Formations were torn asunder fleeing only to be chased down and devoured. Makime Ayano stood on a hill, surrounded by the best warriors the Makime family had. All handpicked by the elder Makime and entrusted with guarding her home. Ayano's sword trembled, even as her expression remained stoic...no defiant. One by one the Makime guards fell until....

"Yoriki! What is this?"

"A dream Inspector. And a pretty terrible one."

"I do not like this dream. Get rid of it."

"Yes Inspector!"

Yoriki reaches up beyond the bounds of view and pulls down...the entire dream disappearing as if turning a page.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

What a lovely response.

What a gentleman.

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 8479#p8479
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

:o Oh no, not that dream.
Tyrus wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:17 pm
And then at the head of the room seated on his majestic throne was the Emperor himself, the kami Shiba looked at her with a face of barely disguised impatience "Well Yoshitsune-san? You were giving your proposal to Imperial court? The plan you called court for, we are all here for you, we are waiting what grave matter have you come to discuss with this emergency meeting of the Imperial Court?" He arched an eyebrow at her.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Togashi Satsuki

Canary wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:07 am
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:54 am
"... I'm about to see something urgent."
The vision hit him like a boulder dropped off a 200 foot cliff.

Him, and everyone near him.

Pain spikes as you suddenly see the world shifting around, molded like clay in the hands of a skilled sculptor. Yet there is something consistent in the midst of it. A statue of a tall woman made of stone, dressed in dark blue armor. She stands as a bulwark against the shifting world, protecting eight vaguely human-shaped shadows behind her of far less defined attributes.

Then it ends and you're back in the hearth room.
Place your bets everyone!
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Bayushi Norikage wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:28 am
About that time, quite late, Norikage walked into the house. He had a small bottle of something alcoholic he procured along the way and placed it on a table, bring something where you arrive, after all.

He then grabbed some food and scarfed it down. Noticing that things were a bit baited and tense, he looked around, shrugged and.kept eating.

"Hey guys, what'd I miss?" :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Makime wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:16 pm
Makime was tossing and turning.
And the nightmare she had was as bad as can be.
It scared her out of her wits
An army falling to bits!
Then she opened her eyes
And the nightmare was, SHE!
Makime is a gift, just making sure everyone knows that...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Togashi Satsuki

Anjing wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:45 pm
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:32 pm

"She's not the only one who talks me up too much. People keep expecting me to set the world ablaze or some damn thing."

He took her hand.

"To kicking the enemy's ass and easy sleeping for everyone."
She squeezes his hand firmly with a nod.
"It is quite literally the dream."

Anjing extracts her hand. "Right, okay. Didn't think this would happen when I turned up here. Guess I can still be surprised."
Grinning.
"You want something to drink? I got something from home, not this dirt water they serve in the village."

Clearly Satsuki's plan of getting the two to hug it out wasn't too far off. 8-)
Theme | Profile

Togashi Satsuki

Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:59 am
For once, Ranmaru got to bask in his ideal world within his dreams. A bunch of men, with their chests bare like him, training side-by-side to be the greatest fighting force in the Empire. The handsome men he'd met during his time at the village were totally there too. At long last, they understood the benefits of TWO SWORDS.

But such wonderful things weren't meant to last. You bastard, he wanted to call out. However, instead he internalized where his daisho lay beside him in case he needed to strike...

---

D3-D4 Sleep Event #2: Roll 1 Investigation / Perception TN 30 | 4k3 ⇒ 32 (TN: 30)
Never change Ranmaru :lol:
Theme | Profile

Makime

Post by Makime »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:00 am
Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:59 am
For once, Ranmaru got to bask in his ideal world within his dreams. A bunch of men, with their chests bare like him, training side-by-side to be the greatest fighting force in the Empire. The handsome men he'd met during his time at the village were totally there too. At long last, they understood the benefits of TWO SWORDS.

But such wonderful things weren't meant to last. You bastard, he wanted to call out. However, instead he internalized where his daisho lay beside him in case he needed to strike...

---

D3-D4 Sleep Event #2: Roll 1 Investigation / Perception TN 30 | 4k3 ⇒ 32 (TN: 30)
Never change Ranmaru :lol:
You beat me to it. :cry:
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Togashi Satsuki

The saga continues
Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:02 pm
Even if his eyes could not discern the figure, his mind filled in the gaps: a true manly man would not have announced his presence for a duel. But even the lowliest man would not simply run off into the night as soon as spotted.

Ranmaru gripped his swords and then stepped out of his tent. One could say he had three swords out in the wind as he looked around for this dastardly interloper.
Theme | Profile

Togashi Satsuki

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:56 pm
"I will let Lady Makime know you intend to act outside the structure of your orders then." Kenji replied simply.

"As just because such plans have not been mentioned does not mean they are not in place."

"May the deaths you cause be on your head." And with that Kenji left.

/exit.
Theme | Profile

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:59 pm
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:56 pm
"I will let Lady Makime know you intend to act outside the structure of your orders then." Kenji replied simply.

"As just because such plans have not been mentioned does not mean they are not in place."

"May the deaths you cause be on your head." And with that Kenji left.

/exit.
I see the chapter on "Morale" in Leadership hasn't been written yet :lol:

Carries:

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:19 am
A nurse maid was horrified as the young girl made a mess of the flowers. When she gets close Ai gets up and runs to another spot throwing dirt at the poor servant with gleeful laughter. She shouted, “Take that stupid bandit!”

“My lady, please… think of your mother,” the maid exclaimed. “We need to be working on your letters!”

“No! I am tired of stupid poopy letters. I’m a soldier, I only need a sword,” she retorted before running to a tree and started climbing.

“Get down!” the servant exclaimed.

“I am on an adventure!” Ai replied she scampered up the tree. “I’m a Thunder I can do anything!”
*Bad Influence Uncle Pride Intensifies*

Carries:

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2023 11:28 pm
The figure of Yoshitsune Ayako could be seen approaching the camp, stumbling through the rain and moving slowly. As she crossed the wards, she called in a hoarse voice, "Lady Anjing! I ... I must report to you." Bloodstains can be seen on her armor.

-
Crippled (72 wounds)
"The bastards tried to come over me last night. I guess they didn't know I was a Marine." - Last words of. Private First Class Edward H. Ahrens

Carries:

Canary

Post by Canary »

Anjing wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:04 pm
Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:55 pm

"And the fucking donkey . . . " He looked at Anjing. "I get that one for free, right? The Donkey has strayed too close to the Filth in his attempts to beat it and it's taken control of him."

He looked around the 'Aunties' and nodded.

"I think that's the major points. The Baku did tell me a lot more but it's not all relevant to this Realm."
"Hmmmm." Anjing taps her chin. "The little teacher has been possessed by a demon, I'll allow it."

She listens intently to Hoto-Hori's explanation.
"Right, so do you know where Shinsei is and how we can free him from its control? Perhaps if we were to strike him repeatedly?"
Purely for his own good, of course!
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:55 pm
Naraku tossed and turned in his bed as his consciousness drifted into Yume-Do.

He was once again in the forest, yet this time there was no serenity or harmony. The trees were twisted and rotten, the ground was murky and bog like and the sun could not filter through the thick dark canopy.

There was a feeling of dread that filled his heart and shook him to the core of his being. He gasped for air but his lungs filled with thick miasma that polluted the forest.

His ears ringed as the omens of his dark future filled his mind. Naraku clawed at his face but the onslaught would not stop forcing him to his knees.

"You know your destiny."

He shakes his head, tears pooling on his eyes.

"They will wish they had left you in the forest"

The murky ground begins to swallow him whole, his consciousness sinking into the bottomless pit of despair. The feelings of inadequacy rushing him. The hushed whispers that had perpetually accompanied him when he was younger.

"Accept your fate"

He struggled against causality, against the fate that had been reserved for him, against the impending doom that awaited him.

And then he saw it. The light. Her smile. And so, the whispers stopped and his heart was calm once more.

"I REJECT YOU"

He emerged from the quagmire, his hand reaching for the light. The darkness receded, stung by his resolution. It recoiled from the light that he now held in his hands.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE! WEAK AND SCARED! RESORTING TO SIMPLE PARLOR TRICKS!"

His voice boomed through the dream, causing ripples on the darkness that had assailed him. Each condemnation made it screech and recoil further retreating from where he walked.

"YOU THINK I AM ALONE? YOU THINK YOU CAN DEFEAT US?"

His voice conjured the brave people he had learned to respect and appreciate. The honorable Lady Otaku and her faithful steed Tsubame, the resourceful Otomo Akutou, the child of the Dragon Togashi Satsuki, the White Tiger of the West Kai, the Paragon Nanzi Ai, the genius Hisomu Reo, the Slayer Ryoshun Yukara, the Great Number Chuchu, the Shadow Hisomu Goju and many more. Each name he mentioned further made the darkness retreat, screeching in pain as each name branded it with the searing fury of a righteous sun.

The light shone brighter and a shape formed, her face almost identical to Naraku's but the figure feminine. Naraku looked at her with happiness as the figure approached him.

"I missed you," he said, tears running down his cheek. Her warm hand touched his cheek.

"I was always with you," her voice warm as the morning sun. She reached for his hand, their finger intertwined.

"Two souls once split," they both spoke as Naraku and Kanna melded into one. "Now reunited"

The light embraced them as their forms became one. Neither Naraku nor Kanna. They drew their sword and cut their wrist, a tide of green pushing forward and washing the darkness away, forcing it to twist and shriek as it was forcefully unraveled by the tide of righteous venom. White lotus bloomed around they as the forest was renewed, sun filtering into it once more.

Yet the forest was not like before. There were tall spires of marble in the horizon, and buildings of stones so white they looked akin to gold under the shinning sun. They looked to the side and serpentine humanoids looked at they. They were not creatures of the enemy and they transmitted them a sense of calm and serenity.

The dream was peaceful. For now.
---
D4 Event | Int/WP TN 25 Void | 5k4 ⇒ 39 (TN: 25)

D4 EN | The Dream Shapes the Form | Corruption/INT vs TN 30 (1 CR) | 9k5 ⇒ 47 (TN: 30)

D4 EN | The Form Shapes the World | Poison/INT vs TN 40 | 2 FR reducing TN to 30| Void | 10k5 ⇒ 45 (TN: 30)

Gained Lucid Dreamer advantage
Canary wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:30 pm
Hiruma Naraku loses the Dark Fate disadvantage.
Lovely.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:33 pm
(SUCCESS)

Once more, Hikaru felt himself drifting down to sleep. No, not drifting. Falling...

This time, Hikaru was ready for it.

The practice had been worthwhile. Even as terror began to rise, so did Hikaru's awareness that he was in a dream. He could almost feel Chuchu's little hand in his, giving him a comforting squeeze. The realization brought a smile to his lips, even as he slept. Perhaps he smiled in the waking world, too. It didn't matter. He was smiling here, now.

The nightmares took him into a dark cave, devoid of any warmth, of any light, and yet somehow full of shadow. Hikaru could feel it preying on his weakness, his insecurities... his desires, his wants. Ominous whispered echoed in his ears, seeming to promise and threaten at the same time, what he most desired and most feared a sliver of reality away. The cold seemed to sink into him, stealing his strength, stealing his resolve. Even the suggestion of light seemed to fade, leaving Hikaru completely, terribly, alone.

"No." Hikaru said. And he reached out, and began to paint the world...

It was like a drop of water hitting cloth and spreading. Only while the spread of water would slow, this went faster and faster. A drop of color, a hint of green, spreading, and warmth spreading with it. In moments, the cold stone floor of the cave had turned to green grass, bright and vibrant and alive. It continued to spread, looming sepulchral walls giving way to blue sky. And with that, so came warmth. Hikaru closed his eyes, letting himself feel the sun on his face, the the gentle breeze. He was in Lady Doji's garden once more, peaceful and serene.

But he was not free yet. There was a dark cloud in the sky.

He could feel the nightmare's frustration, it's dark and terrible anger at being thwarted. Even as he focused, he could feel it struggling against him. Black rain fell from the cloud, streaking the sky with trails of shadow, as the nightmare tried to regain control. Hikaru grit his teeth, struggling. A swipe of his hand, and the cloud concentrated, coalesced, becoming smaller and denser. He forced it from the sky, forced it to stand and face him. An opponent, at last, one that he could strike.

A terrible opponent, one that might be more powerful than him.

It stood before him, a samurai made of a thick, viscous liquid, some terrible fusion of mud and smoke. It raged at him, corrupting vapors billowing about. It held a terrible dark sword, somehow jagged and razor-sharp despite its liquid nature. Hikaru took his stance before it, but it seemed to tower over him, making him feel small. Vulnerable. Alone.

Only he was not alone. Hikaru did not consciously will them into existence, but he suddenly could sense someone behind him. Many someones.

"You were a fine student, Hikaru-san." Nanzi nodded, regal and serene. "Now you can show me what you have learned.

"Remember what I said." Kakita said calmly. "Believe in yourself and you will not fail."

"I still think you're too skinny." Anjing smirked. "But you got this."

"I have raised you well, Hikaru." His mother said, a slight smile on her lips. "Make me proud."

And there was one figure beside him. Hikaru turned his head to meet Satsuki's brilliant green eyes, greener even than this world he created. Her smile seemed to inflame his spirit, and as she reached out, putting her hand on his shoulder, it seemed to set his heart ablaze.

"You don't have to carry this all on your own, remember?" Satsuki said, her eyes still on his. "We improve each other. We can do this together."

And so, no longer alone, never alone, Hikaru turned to face his foe. It still towered over him. It was still more powerful than he could imagine. It didn't matter anymore. He was not afraid. Closing his eyes, Hikaru reached for his familiar hilt. His hand closed over it, as it had a thousand times before.

"My Lady." Hikaru whispered. "I am coming." He drew.

There was no sword. Hikaru swept a beam of light across his foe, banishing it, dispersing it with only a last frustrated scream. The nightmare was gone. He was free. Hikaru smiled, even as his eyes closed, a tear running down his cheek as his closest cheered for him.

He won.
Very nice. <3
Theme | Profile

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Togashi Satsuki

Matsu wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:07 pm
After the tough day, Matsu was settling into sleep. Darkness overtaking her. Her chest rising and falling soundly.

Eyelids fluttering open, she found herself standing in the middle of a field. Surrounded by bodies, her form bloodied and standing against The Darkness. Too many eyes. Too many teeth. She faced down the monstrosity.

You are nothing, Matsu. Still a child, still alone. Your mother gone. Your father. Gone. No one who claims to be your love. You watch as those you care for find happiness with others. The Thing hissed in her mind, as the inky tendrils of evil swept across the battlefield.

"That's where you're wrong, fucker." The Amazon shook her head, peace in the center of the storm. She thought of her parents. And the past, though it means nothing to her. "The future stands before me, I don't need to think of the past. My children carry my name. And most importantly," she placed both palms together, then outstretched her arms, as she shaped the dream to form an ethereal bisento.

Grinning, opening her eyes to face the darkness, she did not exude any fear. But in her defiance, the Thing drew back, itself cowed by the sheer will of the Wolf Spider Queen.

Setting her stance, and letting out a yell that in another time would have been said to be the roar of a Lion, she charged the darkness, impaling it on the polearm. Running it through so she could be face to face with the demon.

"You're in my world, shitheel. This is my Dream. And you have no power here, motherfucker."

She awoke, a grin on her features, in total control of her destiny.
This dream is rater R for Radical. 8-)
Theme | Profile

Togashi Satsuki

Matsu wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:10 pm
Matsu was still sitting in her tent, the rain pattering against the material. She had seen Satsuki's note about making Cranes for Doji.

Queen of the Demonfuckers. Serves her right... she internally thought.

But it wasn't Lady Doji who forgot her father in that stupid fucking play.

And the Lady was a diving being. The sister of Lord Hisomu, one of the great Kami.

Maybe that's why Matsu had accepted the materials that were sitting on her bedroll. She wasn't an artist, except maybe when playing the flute.

Her fingers were clumsy, as she followed the directions. Some of the fine paper was torn, and she crumpled those and tossed them away.

In the end, though, she had two paper Cranes. They were folded neatly, and tidily.

"Don't die because of demonfuckers, Lady Doji. You're the only good one of the lot. Maybe Hikaru, too, because Satsuki likes him." She muttered in a near silent prayer.

EA4 - Paper Cranes (Awa 2, Artisan: Origami 0) | 2k2 ⇒ 10 2 Cranes made for Lady Doji.
Needed something nice like this to read today. <3
Theme | Profile