Wu Zhe

Re: OOC Chat 3: Wildfire

Post by Wu Zhe »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:07 pm
So you have heard of him!
From you!
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Han-Hei wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:08 pm
Han-Hei is Ai’s father.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:15 pm
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:07 pm
So you have heard of him!
From you!
Still counts.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Big ol' family reunion in dreamhell.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

With just two posts I think I've established just what all those yips and growls of forums past actually said . . .
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:47 pm
With just two posts I think I've established just what all those yips and growls of forums past actually said . . .
Glorious. Such spiritual wisdom!
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
The impression I've gotten thus far is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Canary wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:35 pm
Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
The impression I've gotten thus far is "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"
That just about sums it up . . . . yes.
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

A worthy sentiment.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

WELCOME TO BIPEDAL LIFE!

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Does that mean the game's afoot?
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:02 pm
At least y'all know who your dad is.
Incorrect sir.

And Ohta is fine keeping it that way.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:03 am
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:02 pm
At least y'all know who your dad is.
Incorrect sir.

And Ohta is fine keeping it that way.
Ah! Glad to see someone else in such a space!

Maybe we're half-siblings...

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Wonder when there will be a prayer/spell developed to tell THAT.

You'd think it would be easy with literal Blood Magic.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

And Ishiken, and people who can literally tell who you were in a prior incarnation...

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Rokugani Maury Povich.

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

Han-Hei…

You are the father!
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:24 am
I'm not sure I read most of that as a history of forceable assimilation so much as a very powerful culture next to less powerful ones and...change happens that not everyone is going to be happy about. Meanwhile, thanks to not really having a reason to see things from the less powerful perspective, some things will inevitably seem high-handed when the more powerful one does them.

Add in some existential threat that's only come along after these kami arrived, and the general perception of "these guys said things would be better with them in charge and...well years of nightmares and madness are not better." Whether or not they're actually to blame for it. The US president gets blamed for gas prices whether or not he has much to do with them.

The Crab just have the extra bit of displacement to add to any negative opinions members may have. But generally? Good luck finding regular people singing their government's praises, even when they mostly like and agree with them.
Moving this to the actual OOc chat.

Like I said in what I wrote, IC, characters have all kinds of ideas about what's going down, and that's fine. IC it's totally reasonable to look at the YJ stuff and go, "hey, maybe this is your fault. the timing is awfully convenient." Soju has a lot of reasons for feeling the way she does that are 100% legit. The Crab, too. They experienced being forcibly relocated from their homeland from their perspective, not Shiba getting them the hell out of Dodge to avoid the one two punch of a diplomatic disaster and the Nezumi stomping a mudhole in Hida's followers.

I was purely making sure everyone knew what was going on OOC, since it was called out as fact in OOC.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:31 am
I was purely making sure everyone knew what was going on OOC, since it was called out as fact in OOC.
Actually no. I said Tai agrees, and vehemently disagrees with Soju's tribal practices. Any implication that this was an OOC declaration is not in that text. I have no intention of being in the middle of OOC drama for IC impressions.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:36 am
Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:31 am
Actually no. I said Tai agrees, and vehemently disagrees with Soju's tribal practices. Any implication that this was an OOC declaration is not in that text. I have no intention of being in the middle of OOC drama for IC impressions.
My apologies for the misunderstanding.