Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Yuzuru Hoto-Hori »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:27 pm
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:55 pm
Uff da.
*sweats in Norwegian*
Calls Satsuki Swedish, Danish and Icelandic in the same sentence . . .
Imperial Envoy * Spiritual Defense Force * Chikushudo * Sakkaku

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

NPC run by a :fox: Please PM this account for interactions and not the GMs.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

What about Faroese?
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:27 pm
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:55 pm
Uff da.
*sweats in Norwegian*
Kamelåså
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Is that allowed?
Scandinavians sweating is not only allowed but encouraged. Means you worked hard.

Or it got above 20.

Either way.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

*should brush up on his Old Norse*
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Reiko Ohta wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:26 pm
Scandinavians sweating is not only allowed but encouraged. Means you worked hard.
Look, you have Finland right there showing the benefits of a strong sauna culture...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Perkele.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Scandinavians sweating normally is accompanied by the trademark lobster red, white socks and sandals around here.

Well not where I live. Since my region looks more like this:
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Around here we can spot them because they're tourists who actually have some appropriate clothing for the environment.

I mean, it's still weird, but we spend less time laughing at how their teeth chatter...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

We don't often get them down this way.

Shame, really.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

When I was little, Minnesota was on the tail end of having its identity as a land of Norwegian, Swedish, and German immigrants. Known for lutefisk and lefsa and "yah you betcha".

These days I think that's mostly faded to memes. Even ope is more just a meme. Most decedents of those people here are just American vanilla, monolinguistic, growing up on the same accents and such from TV as any other Millennial or Gen X'er.

Most of the growing cultural/linguistic/culinary influences here now are Latin American (Mexico, Central America), East African (Somalia), Southeast Asian (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia), and Indian.
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

What part of Mexico?

I mean, I grew up and live in Central Texas, so the Mexican influence here is decidedly northern. When I was living in Brooklyn (1126, represent!), the Mexican influence to be found was Oaxacan--similar enough to make a body homesick, but not enough to really feel like home.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Lots of Guerrero and Oaxaca.

Maybe a northern thing.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

I do like me some Oaxacan cooking, to be sure.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:39 pm
He held up a finger in a 'wait a minute' gesture, before slashing his claws . . . hand through the air again. Once again the slash of light flared and then faded to nothing.

"Well fuck me . . . that's annoying. I can't reach through to Chikushudo or Sakkaku . . . "
Uh-oh.

Hoto-Hori's not stuck here with us... we're stuck here with him.

Carries:

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Fuck.

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

Yes, yes you are.

Status: 4.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Honour: Questionable . . . I claim the 5th . . . ok Untrustworthy

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

I mean I'm sure a foul mouthed spirit with a temper has never cause much damage, right? Right?

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

That handsome lad?

Never.

Yuzuru Hoto-Hori

I am a calm, well mannered and well spoken Fox. Like a leaf on the wind.