Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:46 am
Asking for a friend, purely scientific reasons... :geek:

Would grandmother Amaterasu give any bonus to resisting Lord Moon's Curse on the day of their wedding (since she also popped in Early Evening to say hello to Thunders)?
Sure, I don't see why not. She'll free Satsuki from having to worry about it that day. No need to worry about bonuses or anything.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

All the rolls for the scroll-construction have been completed and can be found here.

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 005#p17005
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:04 pm
https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 052#p17052

At your leisure.
Think this might've slipped past, so just gentle bumpin it.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Minor thing here just so we can settle the matter of the Ritual's spells

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 385#p17385

Thanks
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Lucid Dreaming [Spiritual] 5 wrote: You have learned the ebb and flow of dreams and how to manipulate them. When you are in Yume-do, either physically or dreaming, as a Simple Action you may make a TN 20 Willpower roll to change one thing about the environment or raise or lower a Ring of an existing Dream Object (one discreet object, such as a sword, a flower, a person, etc.) by one. Attempting to alter a sapient being in this manner is a contested Willpower roll.
If I use Lucid Dreaming to successfully change something, can I use Lucid Dreaming again the next round to change something else? Or is it once per scene?

Specific example: in the day 6 combat Ayako has lucid dreamed to tie the dream house to reality. Can she use also use Lucid Dreaming next round, to lower one of the monster's Rings or change the environment in a different way?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:15 pm
Lucid Dreaming [Spiritual] 5 wrote: You have learned the ebb and flow of dreams and how to manipulate them. When you are in Yume-do, either physically or dreaming, as a Simple Action you may make a TN 20 Willpower roll to change one thing about the environment or raise or lower a Ring of an existing Dream Object (one discreet object, such as a sword, a flower, a person, etc.) by one. Attempting to alter a sapient being in this manner is a contested Willpower roll.
If I use Lucid Dreaming to successfully change something, can I use Lucid Dreaming again the next round to change something else? Or is it once per scene?

Specific example: in the day 6 combat Ayako has lucid dreamed to tie the dream house to reality. Can she use also use Lucid Dreaming next round, to lower one of the monster's Rings or change the environment in a different way?
Sure can. The cost to use it is basically using a Complex Action to do it instead of attacking or whatever.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Togashi Satsuki

Is it possible that we're visiting the villagers and talking to them instead? Or does everyone in the village know how to to read? :shock:
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Regarding the D6 event:
1. Anything in my favor for being Hero of the People?
2. Can I lie, using what would be equivalent to the Deceit Emphasis, for the Sincerity bit?
3. Do you want the rolls in the event itself, or in PFs?

Thank you!
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

For the d6 event, what if we actually participate in the soul purification ritual?
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:53 pm
Is it possible that we're visiting the villagers and talking to them instead? Or does everyone in the village know how to to read? :shock:
Chouri is reading it to them. Though a shocking amount of them do know how to read.
Otomo Akutou wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:57 pm
Regarding the D6 event:
1. Anything in my favor for being Hero of the People?
2. Can I lie, using what would be equivalent to the Deceit Emphasis, for the Sincerity bit?
3. Do you want the rolls in the event itself, or in PFs?

Thank you!
1. Free Raise if it HotP for Blue Lotus village specifically.
2. No.
3. Event itself.
Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:03 pm
For the d6 event, what if we actually participate in the soul purification ritual?
People who are VERY trusted by the villagers may do so and be there in person. So, those with HotP (BLV), people in relationships with them or staying in their houses, that kind of thing.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Would Zhe be able to participate? What changes to the rolls would that make?
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Togashi Satsuki

Canary wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:08 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 8:53 pm
Chouri is reading it to them. Though a shocking amount of them do know how to read.
Ok, that makes more sense!

But since we're writing, how does various social benefits work on the Sincerity and Etiquette roll?

Will Seven Fortunes' Blessing (Benten) apply?
Or magic that enhances social rolls, like Benten's Touch? (Same goes for Crane tattoo that enhances social rolls)
Theme | Profile

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Is the purification of the soul Day 6 event related to assisting Doji in any way?
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Does my disturbing countenance and/or Yokel disad apply?
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Can we benefit from someone else casting spells since we're not going to be present there?
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Will there be a D6 Sleep Event?
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:29 pm
Seconding this...

Would Disturbing Countenance apply through a letter?

(Ironic, given that Sora might potentially be able to show up in person, but that it might be a bad idea!)
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

How many Raises do I need to call to shoot someone in the ass?

And I mean Forrest Gump "somethin' bit me in the buttocks" shot, here.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:15 am
How many Raises do I need to call to shoot someone in the ass?

And I mean Forrest Gump "somethin' bit me in the buttocks" shot, here.
I'd say probably two
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Canary

Post by Canary »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:11 pm
Would Zhe be able to participate? What changes to the rolls would that make?
Sure thing. No changes.
Anjing wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:21 pm
Is the purification of the soul Day 6 event related to assisting Doji in any way?
It does! the more villagers pouring their will into this event, the higher chance of Doji getting to wake up.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Not unless you show up. Being a yokel makes you relatable, if anything.
Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2023 10:02 pm
Can we benefit from someone else casting spells since we're not going to be present there?
Sure.
Jiyo Sora wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:07 am
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Seconding this...

Would Disturbing Countenance apply through a letter?

(Ironic, given that Sora might potentially be able to show up in person, but that it might be a bad idea!)
Definitely not.