Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:09 pm
Do you need anything special to be able to purchase Lore:Yume-Jigoku?

Relatedly, for the new Crane path, is that the Lore that's required? My understanding is that Shadowlands don't exist anymore.
I think I have it as Lore: Corruption now, so it covers Yume-Jigoku and Jigoku and its effects. It doesn't need a forbidden knowledge yet because we haven't gotten to the period of everyone pretending everything's fine. And we might not, since this corruption isn't sequestered behind a wall. We'll see. Depends on player goals/action.
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:07 pm
On the above, the map still shows the Shadowlands, although much reduced. So I think it's still there?

It would be nice to know if Lore: Yume-Jigoku and Shadowlands are different things or covered by a single skill though, that's a good point!

Also another lore question. Is the Scorpion tradition if always wearing a mask already a thing? I don't quite remember how that worked and how it came around if it is a thing, and couldnt find much on a quick search on the history thread.

Thanks!
Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:13 pm
At this point, the Scorpion Mask thing is not set in stone.
Correct. To put this out here on the forum and not just on Discord, many Scorpions wear masks at this point in honor of their founder, but it's not a Thing Expected of You.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

In that case, can I change the needed skill to Lore: Corruption now for the path?
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Canary

Post by Canary »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:29 pm
In that case, can I change the needed skill to Lore: Corruption now for the path?
Sure can. I'll just it.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Oh yeah, commented this on discord (might have been a PM there!), but can we also change the River Tradition path to remove the [Bushi] tag? As it lists 'any' schools of the correct clans (or Ronin) and it's rather general instead of combat focused, it'd make sense for it to accept shugenja too!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:45 pm
Oh yeah, commented this on discord (might have been a PM there!), but can we also change the River Tradition path to remove the [Bushi] tag? As it lists 'any' schools of the correct clans (or Ronin) and it's rather general instead of combat focused, it'd make sense for it to accept shugenja too!
A general school with SAA at rank 3 is uhh... rather exotic.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:49 pm
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
A general school with SAA at rank 3 is uhh... rather exotic.
River Tradition. The R2 path. Not the school.

EDIT:
This one, for clarity
viewtopic.php?p=604#p604
Last edited by Haka Tae-soo on Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

My bad, I stand corrected.

Reiko

Post by Reiko »

Those of us who already have lore: shadowlands, can it be converted over on the sheet to lore:Corruption?
Spider Clan * Mother Spider * Reiko Daimyo * Shugenja * Prophet * Former Isawa Tribe * Fire * Blind * Well Educated * Experienced 2 * Kami Speak

Canary

Post by Canary »

Reiko wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:57 pm
Those of us who already have lore: shadowlands, can it be converted over on the sheet to lore:Corruption?
Yes. and as noted for any techniques or skill list, they're interchangeable.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Oh yeah, my bad.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Is it possible to buy Crystal instead of Jade?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:28 pm
Is it possible to buy Crystal instead of Jade?
Even people with Forbbiden Knowledge: Lying Darkness don't necessarily know that Crystal is A Thing at this time, so I'm gonna say no.

Ryoshun Huan

Post by Ryoshun Huan »

Is crystal even used decoratively in the empire? Also, crystal always confused me. Is it just referring to some specific fantasy material that exists in Rokugan or is it supposed to mean that any actual non-opaque crystal will work? I imagine it's the former since quartz is a crystal and is incredibly common.

These concerns are mostly academic/theoretical because I am not prepared for fighting the lying darkness in any way.
Bat * Soul of Taochusu * Ishiken * Destined to Die * Haunted by the Chusu Tribe
Honor: 3.5 | Status: 1.0 | Glory: 3.0
On person: Robes, daisho, astrological compass, fan

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Huan wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:16 pm
Is crystal even used decoratively in the empire? Also, crystal always confused me. Is it just referring to some specific fantasy material that exists in Rokugan or is it supposed to mean that any actual non-opaque crystal will work? I imagine it's the former since quartz is a crystal and is incredibly common.

These concerns are mostly academic/theoretical because I am not prepared for fighting the lying darkness in any way.
It's very much the former. Crystal-with-a-capital-C is not used decoratively; even if people knew much about it to seek it out, it's not exactly handy. Quartz have been a decorative material for the tribes because, as you pointed out, it's incredibly common.

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Hantei Genji

Post by Hantei Genji »

Prolly a silly question, but I assume we do get our tents "free of charge", aka we don't have to pick it up in traveling pack?
Stag Prodigy * Potential Thunderstag * Golden Boy * Happily married
Honor: Honorable * Status: 4.0 * Glory: 2.0

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hantei Genji wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:34 pm
Prolly a silly question, but I assume we do get our tents "free of charge", aka we don't have to pick it up in traveling pack?
Yup.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Looking at champions and daimyo. Wasn't there a Kaiu back in game one who I'd assume was Kaiu champion? Or did he croak somewhere in the 25 years since?
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:47 pm
Looking at champions and daimyo. Wasn't there a Kaiu back in game one who I'd assume was Kaiu champion? Or did he croak somewhere in the 25 years since?
I don't recall a Kaiu...

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:57 pm
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:47 pm
I don't recall a Kaiu...
Seidou Tribe

+1 Stamina
Advantage/Disadvantage Adjustments: Clear Thinker; Obtuse

The Seidou is a tribe largely focused on craft, located in the far South, a little farther than the eventual location of Shiro Hiruma. The mountainous and mineral-rich nature of their homeland led them to explore metallurgy. Their only rivals in the art are the Isawa, who leave their lands so rarely that many of the bronze goods that filter into the rest of the Tribes from elsewhere are from the Seidou. This trade helps supplement their income, and the extra food they trade for helps prepare for a seige situation if the interaction with the Ogres and Trolls farther south turns bad again. From a human perspective, such changes can be difficult to predict, which leads to the Seidou’s tendency toward a survivalist mentality.

Prominent Members:
Kaiu – One of the visionaries of the Tribe, always pushing forward with his work. He is still very young, and his elders look with doubt on some of his wilder ideas, but it’s obvious he has great potential as a smith.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description