Sugri

Re: Surprise Party Planning

Post by Sugri »

If we get multiple attempts at the Investigation I can give it a (decent) shot with 9k3 without using Void. If we only get one shot though I'm happy to defer to someone with a Xk4 since Sakkaku has been mocking my decent shots today.

Assistance on Stealth would be beneficial.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Right now, definite actives are likely Ohta and Tae-Soo. Neither of us have been in a combat this game, and both expressed interest. I won't force you in Tae-Soo since you did say to somewhat leave it up to others, but do remember this is your last chance for a combat if you wanted to be in one.
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

You can put me in the active section.

Don't worry, with only Earth 3 and nothing relevant in my school abilities outside of attacks as Simple Action when using Samurai weapons against enemies with lower Honor*, I won't hog the spot for long.

*When most players say they are playing mechanically awful characters, what they mean if they are playing optimized characters with a bad haircut and a pair of ugly glasses. Me? I'm serious.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:53 pm
*When most players say they are playing mechanically awful characters, what they mean if they are playing optimized characters with a bad haircut and a pair of ugly glasses. Me? I'm serious.
Wait until you see all of the XP I've wasted on things that have never mattered across four games!
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Reiko Ohta

Post by Reiko Ohta »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:55 pm
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:53 pm
Wait until you see all of the XP I've wasted on things that have never mattered across four games!
I mean, one of Ohta's best skills is Iaijutsu. THAT'S certainly not come up this game XD
Spider ๑ Bushi ๑ Scout ๑ Scholar ๑ Doctor ๑ Short ๑ Wiry ๑ Curious ๑ Archer
Honor - Untrustworthy | Status - 1.0 | Glory - 3.0 (Character Profile)
Has: daisho, daikyu and quiver, shoulder bag with testing items in it, occasionally accompanied by a pony named Kinboshi

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

I've poured most of my in-game XP into Kenjutsu (and Perform: Storytelling) very much in prevision of the mandatory final battle...

But otherwise, for most of the game, my best skill had been Horsemanship.

Without a mount.

But okay, maybe we are all awful together here. After all, that would only be logical for our chosen role of "background soldiers who are getting killed while the Thunders save the world".
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

So for now if I'm reading this right

Actives
Reiko Ohta
Kaijarisugyo
Haka Tae-soo
Anjing

Alternates
Ranmaru
Sugri
Jiyo Sora
Chuchu

Does everyone agree?
I think Ranmaru wasn't in a fite, so if he wants to start I could step back (or maybe Anjing? Worth asking : ) )

Do we have a strategy?

TS could provide healing support, buff someone, or try to keep our friend Prone or Grappled... the latter two especially if he buffs his strength in advance. There are some possibilities for damage as well, of course.

Any other ideas other than hit fast and hit hard?

EDIT:
Reposting for the record

For Investigation we have:
Anjing 5k3
Kai 5k4
Sugri 9k3
Ohta 5k4
Ranmaru 4k3
Tae-soo 7k4+4
Sora 5k3
Chuchu?

So far it's looking like Tae-soo is best at Investigation?

Stealth everyone rolls, so more a matter of whether my casting can help (waiting on answer)

For the last roll
Anjing 8k4-5 (possibly +FR) heavy weapons
Kai?
Sugri nothing?
Ranmaru 7k4-5 before buffing, Athletics/St
Tae-soo 7k4+4 before buffing, Athletics/St
Sora possibly 9k4 with Kenjutsu (Agi or Sta/Will)
Chuchu something with Awa for her idea?
Any ideas from Ohta here?
Last edited by Haka Tae-soo on Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

I believe Anjing is in as an Active....
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:14 pm
I believe Anjing is in as an Active....
Updating that then!

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Yeah I'm not really suited for the last step unless we end up desperate from the dice laughing at us. My 4s are Void and Reflexes neither of which really applies well to 'be loud and/or draw attention'

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:24 pm
Yeah I'm not really suited for the last step unless we end up desperate from the dice laughing at us. My 4s are Void and Reflexes neither of which really applies well to 'be loud and/or draw attention'
Maybe uou could meditate annoyingly calm right in front of the green-haired lady? :lol:

DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:11 pm
Any other ideas other than hit fast and hit hard?
Sora the Void 2 Wonder has 108 Wounds, and adds 4 to his melee damage. That said, he can only attack once per round.

For Investigation we have:
Sora?
5k3
Stealth everyone rolls, so more a matter of whether my casting can help (waiting on answer)
5k4 with Light armor penalty
For the last rollSora 9k4 with Kenjutsu (Agi or Sta/Will)

Carries:

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:11 pm
For the last roll
Kai?
Chuchu something with Awa for her idea?
I'm trusting Chuchu on this.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

My first round (if we get to it) is activating Vision to get +Xk0 based on her lowest trait. It's a simple action so I can also try to activate To the Last Breath to give someone a Void point.

After that it's either fill her full of arrows or pump Void points (max of 2 per person) into tanks whichever seems best for our survival.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:26 pm
Sora the Void 2 Wonder has 108 Wounds, and adds 4 to his melee damage. That said, he can only attack once per round.
That's a shit-ton of Wounds! Will be a hell of a next-to-last resort as a meat shield if it comes to that XD
For the last rollSora 9k4 with Kenjutsu (Agi or Sta/Will)
Corrected!

DescriptionTheme

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Of note: Per Nezumi intel, she's not THAT tough if we just get in there and smack her face in.

And since our weapons SHOULD all be Jade for fighting purposes...

Carries:

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

I'm sure Big Mouth is pretty pathetic as soon as you stop listening to her lies.

As opposed to Little Mouse, who's awesome.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:40 pm
Of note: Per Nezumi intel, she's not THAT tough if we just get in there and smack her face in.

And since our weapons SHOULD all be Jade for fighting purposes...
Yeah her human bod was a courtier-tsukai so even with the corruption buffs I don't expect she's going to be a super physical combatant. Of course maho can make up for a lot of that (fear, blindness, etc)

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Surprise round achieved (anyone who is Active feel free to roll your own for fluff and bragging rights)

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Right, so seems like we can all attempt thr first and third roll after all.

I'll go ahead and Quiescence of Air us. Which means we should either all be within a 30 ft radius circle, or all be outside a 30 ft radius circle around the Harbinger (if I call raises, so more wounds taken). Whatever you folks prefer!

I'll also go ahead and roll Investigation in a while
EDIT: Beaten by the Ivindi! XD

EDIT 2:
So. Apparently Tae-soo could justifiably cast an Illusion spell to bypass Roll 3. I assume what Chuchu is planning may end up working similarly, and if she does do that Tae-soo can use the time for Roll 3 as the first Complex Action to start casting something else instead... which may be better, maybe?

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 514#p18514

If someone's casting something quietly (which would be the case with an Illusion spell), I think Quiescence of Air could help with that (just asked)

And Sugri - since Canary allowed starting spellcasting, it may be possible for you to start doing your Guru thing during Roll 3 as well! Worth asking :)

DescriptionTheme