Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:11 pm
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:06 pm
2: No. IIRC you're trying to get her attention to the area in roll three.
Thanks for the answers!

On this one - yup, the idea is drawing her attention to us instead of the Thunders. To clarify: the idea with the illusions would be to either 'prevent her from seeing the Thunders', so she looks elsewhere (and therefore to us), or 'placing a TS Illusion right in front of her' to call her attention.

If that still wouldn't do it, then all fine! :)
Ohhh okay, I see. Sure.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:14 pm
Ohhh okay, I see. Sure.
Yay! What would that work like then? Just the spellcasting roll itself (and if so, vs the normal TN? Any Raises needed or TN increases)? Something else?

EDIT: Actually, another question that just occurred to me. If TS ends up not doing that (letting someone else handle that part), could he start use the time to start casting something else? (I'm thinking the first Complex Action for a higher ML spell). Not sure if it makes sense, but thought worth asking!
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:19 pm
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:14 pm
Ohhh okay, I see. Sure.
Yay! What would that work like then? Just the spellcasting roll itself (and if so, vs the normal TN? Any Raises needed or TN increases)? Something else?

EDIT: Actually, another question that just occurred to me. If TS ends up not doing that (letting someone else handle that part), could he start use the time to start casting something else? (I'm thinking the first Complex Action for a higher ML spell). Not sure if it makes sense, but thought worth asking!
Spellcasting roll + fluff. That's all you need.

Sure, I don't see why not. As long as the length of time the spell lasts will be enough for what you need. You gotta be quiet, tho.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:02 pm

Sure, I don't see why not. As long as the length of time the spell lasts will be enough for what you need. You gotta be quiet, tho.
Right, so that could work too. Will let the others know.

For 'being quiet' - I'm assuming casting Quiescence of Air during step 2 will help with that, right? :)

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Canary wrote:

Would this apply to activating a technique as well (Spending a Void for Vision once we have eyes on her but before the trap is sprung)?
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:03 pm
Canary wrote:

Right, so that could work too. Will let the others know.

For 'being quiet' - I'm assuming casting Quiescence of Air during step 2 will help with that, right? :)
Yes. XD
Sugri wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:08 pm
Canary wrote:

Would this apply to activating a technique as well (Spending a Void for Vision once we have eyes on her but before the trap is sprung)?
Sure

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Since this is the last Day to roll and all, for characters not getting reprised...

Will this day trigger Disadvantages such as Unlucky, or Bad Fortune: Lingering Misfortune?

(oops, thought I had Lingering Misfortune myself as my Bad Fortune, but I misremembered. Question still stands!)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Since Chouri is with us...can we know the side effects of the draughts we won day 2? :lol: :lol:
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:17 pm
Since this is the last Day to roll and all, for characters not getting reprised...

Will this day trigger Disadvantages such as Unlucky, or Bad Fortune: Lingering Misfortune?

(oops, thought I had Lingering Misfortune myself as my Bad Fortune, but I misremembered. Question still stands!)
Uh... Well, we'll try to remember, but it's a really busy day. The real answer is "between everything else, probably not". My apologies. ^^;
Wu Zhe wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:14 pm
Since Chouri is with us...can we know the side effects of the draughts we won day 2? :lol: :lol:
Oh, if you took them, you need to make an Earth Roll TN 20. It's corruption.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Is it possible to cast Earth's Touch as a ritual, to apply it to more targets who take wounds? It is an ML 1 spell that allows up to three additional targets for 2 raises each.

I'm fine with covering a few people with multiple castings, but I thought I'd check to see if there was a better way it could be done.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:43 pm
Is it possible to cast Earth's Touch as a ritual, to apply it to more targets who take wounds? It is an ML 1 spell that allows up to three additional targets for 2 raises each.

I'm fine with covering a few people with multiple castings, but I thought I'd check to see if there was a better way it could be done.
Yeah, sure.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

So, I'm casting the spell and everyone else who would benefit from it contributes two wounds for the two raises required for additional targets? Any limits or additional costs you would like applied?
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:19 pm
So, I'm casting the spell and everyone else who would benefit from it contributes two wounds for the two raises required for additional targets? Any limits or additional costs you would like applied?
Yes, that is accurate. You can only affect the people who contribute wounds with the raises for additional people, so people can't contribute extra wounds to bring in others, and neither can you. Bear in mind the normal time and other limitations of the spell.

Saru Ranmaru

Post by Saru Ranmaru »

Do the Alternates for the Harbinger event also roll Stealth? I kind of assumed that any alternate arrived into the scene "just in time" if things went wrong.
Glistening Muscles | Ascendant Swordsman | Yearns for Paradise

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

For Go Time! can someone rescue a person before they even roll for it? Specifically, I talking about those who are heavily injured from the battles.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Canary

Post by Canary »

Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:59 pm
Do the Alternates for the Harbinger event also roll Stealth? I kind of assumed that any alternate arrived into the scene "just in time" if things went wrong.
Nah, they'll arrive after in the nick of time.
Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:26 pm
For Go Time! can someone rescue a person before they even roll for it? Specifically, I talking about those who are heavily injured from the battles.
Yes. You'll need to roll once for them, then once for yourself. If you succeed with their roll, they autopass. You may only do this for one person.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:28 pm
Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Ah, should alternates not do any other rolls either then?
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Chuchu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:46 pm
Canary wrote:
Saru Ranmaru wrote:
that is correct, they do not need to do Part 1.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:47 pm
Chuchu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:46 pm
Canary wrote:

Aww. Welp, okay.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:47 pm

Just to be clear. Is that *do not need* or *cannot*?

I had thought we would all be there at the start, but some keeping to the back and not joining the combat right away.

Asking because at the moment Sugri had passed the Investigation roll, and Chuchu was hoping to do the third roll, but both of them wanted to be Alternates (Sugri because he was in combat before so wanted to open space to others, Chuchu I guess because she's smol)

Should we retcon Sugri's roll, then, and have someone do the 3rd roll instead of Chuchu? Or can they do it if they want to?

DescriptionTheme