Togashi Satsuki

Re: GM Questions

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Subject: Moving Day [D7, ME, Event; Non-Thunders]
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:15 am
After the scouts’ reports, it’s confirmed – the fog is getting steadily thinner, and while you can’t leave yet, the way should be open in an hour. You have the route and the timing… Now it’s just a matter of getting both yourselves and the villagers out of here. If there a battle going on, then whatever is out there is likely going to converge on the village, considering the scouts could hear violence from all around the area. A project involving getting over 200 people from one place to another is going to take some serious coordination.

Rules: Players may choose one part of this event each to participate in. Each roll must be passed by at least one person, except for the first roll, which must be passed by at least three people. Successes past the initial one The consequences of failing all rolls will be automatic damage taken during the LE event.
There seems to be some text missing here.

Also, is magic ok for any of the rolls?
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:30 pm
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:47 pm

that is correct, they do not need to do Part 1.
Just to be clear. Is that *do not need* or *cannot*?

I had thought we would all be there at the start, but some keeping to the back and not joining the combat right away.

Asking because at the moment Sugri had passed the Investigation roll, and Chuchu was hoping to do the third roll, but both of them wanted to be Alternates (Sugri because he was in combat before so wanted to open space to others, Chuchu I guess because she's smol)

Should we retcon Sugri's roll, then, and have someone do the 3rd roll instead of Chuchu? Or can they do it if they want to?
It's fine as is.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:14 pm
Subject: Moving Day [D7, ME, Event; Non-Thunders]
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:15 am
After the scouts’ reports, it’s confirmed – the fog is getting steadily thinner, and while you can’t leave yet, the way should be open in an hour. You have the route and the timing… Now it’s just a matter of getting both yourselves and the villagers out of here. If there a battle going on, then whatever is out there is likely going to converge on the village, considering the scouts could hear violence from all around the area. A project involving getting over 200 people from one place to another is going to take some serious coordination.

Rules: Players may choose one part of this event each to participate in. Each roll must be passed by at least one person, except for the first roll, which must be passed by at least three people. Successes past the initial one The consequences of failing all rolls will be automatic damage taken during the LE event.

Also, is magic ok for any of the rolls?
Oh, yup, you're right. I'll fix that in a second.

As long as it replicates the effects of what the skill roll would do - that is, navigate the forest, help you find where stuff be loud - then it's fine, you can use magic.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:14 pm
Apparently I just forgot to delete all the text I was meaning to. @_@

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

In the big fight scene:

How does this
[Otaku gains Chuchu's Blessing: You are immune to all forms of spiritual corruption, including Shadowlands Taint, the Corruption of Yume-do, and the influence of the Lying Darkness.]
Interact with this?
Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:36 am
Simple action: Temptations of darkness - as a simple action may unleash the glory of Yume-jigoku to all those that bear witness. Make a willpower roll TN 25 adding honor to the result. If a target fails they are stunned during their next turn and are visited by visions of temptation or fear. a promise of reward or punishment. If they accept yume-jigoku's influence and gain a point of taint they may instead act during that turn as normal as yume-jigoku is satisfied.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

For the 'Surprise Party' combat with the Harbinger, do we know our positioning vis a vis her and her ATN? And it sounds like for now she's alone?
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Anjing wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:57 am
For the 'Surprise Party' combat with the Harbinger, do we know our positioning vis a vis her and her ATN? And it sounds like for now she's alone?
And to piggyback this, should Alternates roll their Initiative now for ease of bookkeeping?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Otaku wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:54 am
In the big fight scene:

How does this
[Otaku gains Chuchu's Blessing: You are immune to all forms of spiritual corruption, including Shadowlands Taint, the Corruption of Yume-do, and the influence of the Lying Darkness.]
Interact with this?
Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:36 am
Simple action: Temptations of darkness - as a simple action may unleash the glory of Yume-jigoku to all those that bear witness. Make a willpower roll TN 25 adding honor to the result. If a target fails they are stunned during their next turn and are visited by visions of temptation or fear. a promise of reward or punishment. If they accept yume-jigoku's influence and gain a point of taint they may instead act during that turn as normal as yume-jigoku is satisfied.
I'd say you are effectively immune you could fail and take the taint and be immune to it.
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

In the Protect the Villagers event, when casting a spell that does damage (such as Earth becomes Sky, Tail of the Dragon, or Jade Strike) do raises for extra targets have any effect beyond the glory boost?

In the Go Time event, can I cast Gift of Amaterasu (which creates a bright light, as of noon, in a 50 foot radius circle, to show people where to go to leave? Would it grant any benefits for those that come after me? Would his wagon be any help taking out those that are injured? I figure it could carry 2-4 more people, depending how close they want to get. What would be rolled for that?

Can I cast Be the Mountain on an ally? Specifically, Shiba Kumori? Seems like the thing an Isawa would do for a potential heir to the throne...
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

In the Protect the Villagers event, when casting a spell that does damage (such as Earth becomes Sky, Tail of the Dragon, or Jade Strike) do raises for extra targets have any effect beyond the glory boost?

In the Go Time event, can I cast Gift of Amaterasu (which creates a bright light, as of noon, in a 50 foot radius circle) to show people where to go to leave? Would it grant any benefits for those that come after me? Would his wagon be any help taking out those that are injured? I figure it could carry 2-4 more people, depending how close they want to get. What would be rolled for that?

Can I cast Be the Mountain on an ally? Would grant Reduction 15 for a few rounds. Specifically, Shiba Kumori? Seems like the thing an Isawa would do for a potential heir to the throne...
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Will the spells contained within the Four Scrolls factor into the Nega-Shinsei fight? :)

Relevant linky: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 005#p17005
Dance of the Azure Dragon
Ring/Mastery: Air 3 (Defense)
Range: 50'
Area of Effect: 50' radius, centered on caster
Duration: 3 rounds
Raises: Duration (+1 round)
You manifest the air kami into the mighty Azure Dragon of the guardian beasts, which weaves around you an your allies to protect them.
The Armor TN of all allies within the area is increased by +10 against melee attacks and +15 against ranged attacks. Additionally, opponents find their movements hindered when trying to approach those protected by the Azure Dragon - any opponent moving towards you or any ally within the area of effect must make a Contested Roll using their Strength against your Air. Every opponent that fails suffers Knockdown.
Bolstering the Nine Thunders
Ring/Mastery: Earth 3 [Battle][Defense]
Range: 30'
Area of Effect: Targets up to caster's Shugenja School Rank
Duration: 10 minutes
Raises: Duration (+1 minute), Targets (+1)
This spell infuses the targets (who may include the caster) with firm and unyielding courage, bolstered by the eternal power of the Earth. For the duration of the spell, all targets gain +5k0 to resist any kind of Fear effect or Corruption/Taint, whether magical or natural. Additionally, the earth kami envelop the target with their embrace, covering his skin with a stony barrier that repels physical blows. The target gains Reduction of a value equal to 5x the caster's School Rank, to a maximum of 20. However, this spell is associated with the prophecy of the Nine Thunders, and those whose connection to the Thunders is tenuous do not receive the same degree of blessing from the Earth kami. Samurai who are not of the original Nine Great Clans receive only +3k0 to their rolls to resist Fear and Reduction of 3x the caster's School Rank. Anyone who has at least a full Rank of Shadowlands Taint cannot benefit from this spell, although this will not actually reveal that they are Tainted.
Honor of the Nine Thunders
Ring/Mastery: Fire 3 [Battle]
Range: 30'
Area of Effect: Targets up to Shugenja School Rank
Duration: 5 Rounds
Raises: Targets (+1), Duration (+1 Round per Raise), Range (+10' per Raise)
This spell invokes the virtues of the soul to combat evil and corruption, opening their spirits to the essence of heroes of ancient past. The targets of the spell receives a bonus to all Attack Rolls, Skill Rolls, and Trait Rolls equal to your Fire Ring, as well as +1k1 to all damage rolls against enemies who possess at least 1 rank of Shadowlands Taint, Corruption, or are under the influence of the Lying Darkness. Samurai who are not of the original Nine Great Clans do not receive the bonus to damage rolls. Anyone who has at least a full Rank of Shadowlands Taint cannot benefit from this spell, although this will not actually reveal that they are Tainted.
Guardian of the Nine Thunders
Ring/Mastery: Water 4 [Defense, Battle]
Range: 30ft (for the position the Guardian is called in)
Area of Effect: All selected allies within a 20ft radius of the Spirit.
Duration: 3 rounds
Raises: Duration (+1 round per Raise), Area of Effect (+5 ft per Raise), Special (Caster's Water Ring is considered 1 rank higher per 2 Raises), Special (Targets' Water Ring is considered 1 rank higher for movement purposes for 2 Raises).
You call forth the spirit of the Guardian of the Deep River, also known as the Black Tortoise, to protect and guide your comrades in battle. The spirit is intangible and appears in a space you can see within the spell's range. The spirit looks like a transparent Black Tortoise.
When the spirit appears, all allies within range of the spirit recover a number of Wounds equal to twice the caster's Water.
While the spell is active, at the Reactions stage of each round, the spirit may move a number of feet equal to ten times the Caster's water; after that movement, all allies within range of the spirit's new position recover a number of Wounds equal to the caster's Water.
All allies within range of the spirit also have their Water Ring increased by 1 for the purpose of their Move Actions while the spell is active.
When the spell ends, the Spirit dissolves into a pool of water at its current position.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:55 am

In the Go Time event, can I cast Gift of Amaterasu (which creates a bright light, as of noon, in a 50 foot radius circle) to show people where to go to leave? Would it grant any benefits for those that come after me? Would his wagon be any help taking out those that are injured? I figure it could carry 2-4 more people, depending how close they want to get. What would be rolled for that?

Can I cast Be the Mountain on an ally? Would grant Reduction 15 for a few rounds. Specifically, Shiba Kumori? Seems like the thing an Isawa would do for a potential heir to the throne...
Spell damage: No.

Go Time: The issue is less where to go and more getting there without injury. The wagon can carry those people, but you would need to make a roll for each one you want to bring back. It would be part of the rescue part of the event.

Be the Mountain: It wouldn't last long enough for the time she'll be waiting.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:19 pm
Will the spells contained within the Four Scrolls factor into the Nega-Shinsei fight? :)
If Nao can get to one and cast it, they can. The spells need to be cast by a shugenja. Otherwise they're part of empowering the binding.

They will factor into plots in the future, as well.

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:18 am
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:19 am
Rereading Lucid Dreaming...

As written, it could be interpreted as only affecting the ring itself and ring related values (like Spellcasting, or Wounds if Earth is chosen), similar to how Chosen by the Oracles doesn't impact traits.

People have been using it as a walking +1k1 as far as mechanics are concerned, and my own impression is that this is supposed to be the intent. But don't hurt to check.
Yup, +1k1 on both Traits.
Using the example of a character with Fire 3, Agility 4 who gets Lucid Dreamed into a tidy +1 Fire Ring, making them Fire 4. They will treat their Int as 4 for the duration of the effect. What about their Agility? Does it become 5 or stay 4?
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otaku wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:51 am
Canary wrote:
Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:19 am
Rereading Lucid Dreaming...

As written, it could be interpreted as only affecting the ring itself and ring related values (like Spellcasting, or Wounds if Earth is chosen), similar to how Chosen by the Oracles doesn't impact traits.

People have been using it as a walking +1k1 as far as mechanics are concerned, and my own impression is that this is supposed to be the intent. But don't hurt to check.
Using the example of a character with Fire 3, Agility 4 who gets Lucid Dreamed into a tidy +1 Fire Ring, making them Fire 4. They will treat their Int as 4 for the duration of the effect. What about their Agility? Does it become 5 or stay 4?
It would stay at 4. Good question, and one I admittedly didn't think about at first.

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

For after games, would marriage be a minor goal or a freebie?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Cam Lore: Spirit Realms be used to try convince one of the rebel villagers to join us?
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:01 am
Freebie. I made it a freebie in previous games, I believe, so I won't make peeps pay for it now.
Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:03 am
Cam Lore: Spirit Realms be used to try convince one of the rebel villagers to join us?
Yes.

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:10 am
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Freebie. I made it a freebie in previous games, I believe, so I won't make peeps pay for it now.
Not to be that person, but… marriage did actually cost goal points in games 2 and 3.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:57 am
Otaku wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:51 am
Canary wrote:

It would stay at 4. Good question, and one I admittedly didn't think about at first.
Should people who used it incorrectly in the days events be rerolling?
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otaku wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:15 am
Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:10 am
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Not to be that person, but… marriage did actually cost goal points in games 2 and 3.
Dang it, I thought I'd skipped that. Ah well.
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:17 am
Should people who used it incorrectly in the days events be rerolling?
My understanding is that before that ruling a LOT of people made their rolls like that. It would be a lot to go through every single roll that everyone's made during 6 events+the DoT. I would like to trust people to reroll if they need to, or if you would like to make a list, I'll split it between the three of us to take a look at. I'm not super worried about it, though.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Apparently I did charge for marriage before. It's a minor goal.