Togashi Satsuki

Re: GM Questions

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:59 am
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:01 am
For after games, would marriage be a minor goal or a freebie?
Apparently I did charge for marriage before. It's a minor goal.
What about those of us who got hitched in-game? ^^;
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Canary wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:10 am
My understanding is that before that ruling a LOT of people made their rolls like that. It would be a lot to go through every single roll that everyone's made during 6 events+the DoT. I would like to trust people to reroll if they need to, or if you would like to make a list, I'll split it between the three of us to take a look at. I'm not super worried about it, though.
As a note from a prior game where I SERIOUSLY goofed up my Hare's Athletics rolls to the tune of... I want to say one or two kept dice over the span of four in-game days or so- I went back and removed the highest kept die or dice (I forget if it was one or two I exceeded by) from each result (which changed nothing, amusingly enough). If a solution is required, that might be an easy fix.

I'll also note that for the most part, it hasn't come up outside of threads where the group's efforts at rescue wouldn't swamp the success or failure of any one roll one way or the other, and going forward, the two combat threads have barely begun rolling the bones.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Togashi Satsuki

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:21 am
Canary wrote:
My understanding is that before that ruling a LOT of people made their rolls like that. It would be a lot to go through every single roll that everyone's made during 6 events+the DoT. I would like to trust people to reroll if they need to, or if you would like to make a list, I'll split it between the three of us to take a look at. I'm not super worried about it, though.
As a note from a prior game where I SERIOUSLY goofed up my Hare's Athletics rolls to the tune of... I want to say one or two kept dice over the span of four in-game days or so- I went back and removed the highest kept die or dice (I forget if it was one or two I exceeded by) from each result (which changed nothing, amusingly enough). If a solution is required, that might be an easy fix.

I'll also note that for the most part, it hasn't come up outside of threads where the group's efforts at rescue wouldn't swamp the success or failure of any one roll one way or the other, and going forward, the two combat threads have barely begun rolling the bones.
Make an announcement and let players sort out the rolls where they rolled incorrectly. :)
Then folks can do a sweep to see afterwards and see if anyone didn't re-roll it correctly. We're not deeply into Day 7 where re-rolling will change a bunch of things.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:14 am
Canary wrote:
Hisomu Reo wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:01 am
For after games, would marriage be a minor goal or a freebie?
Apparently I did charge for marriage before. It's a minor goal.
What about those of us who got hitched in-game? ^^;
You got hitched in game. Seems like the time for having to maneuver for that has passed, yeah? XD Though don't be surprised if getting hitched in game doesn't get some, "And you didn't wait to consult us because...?" reactions.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Canary

Post by Canary »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:21 am
Canary wrote:

The last time someone goofed a roll this game, I basically rolled randomly to remove a die. Doing it that way seems like a fair solution. No one can point and say "you only removed the highest/lowest.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

With Sakkaku, doesn't it make sense to just take away the last one? The number order seems to indicate they are in the order they were generated in.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Canary wrote:
Akodo Kenji wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:17 am
Should people who used it incorrectly in the days events be rerolling?
I could make a list of everyone that used it. But to go through it and be accurate I'd need access to sheets. Which I'm sure isn't something people here want me to have.

I don't particularly care if people reroll or not myself. I was more wondering if you were going to require it or just handwave it since it's the last day.
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:22 am

Make an announcement and let players sort out the rolls where they rolled incorrectly. :)
Then folks can do a sweep to see afterwards and see if anyone didn't re-roll it correctly. We're not deeply into Day 7 where re-rolling will change a bunch of things.

If my opinion was asked, I'd go with this though. Trust the players to sort it out themselves.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:38 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:19 pm
Will the spells contained within the Four Scrolls factor into the Nega-Shinsei fight? :)
If Nao can get to one and cast it, they can. The spells need to be cast by a shugenja. Otherwise they're part of empowering the binding.

They will factor into plots in the future, as well.
It didn't occur to me to ask earlier. Does Nao need the scroll to cast the spell she created?
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Hisomu Tadaka wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:04 am
With Sakkaku, doesn't it make sense to just take away the last one? The number order seems to indicate they are in the order they were generated in.
They indeed are displayed in the order they were rolled. Sakkaku doesn't reorder dice, contrary to Orokos.

If we want to be technical, it rolls each die one by one, immediately dealing with all things like explosions and emphasis before moving to the next die.

Source: server-side, front-side.

However, my opinion for the current issue is that we should just let it go. Mistakes were made yes, but they seem to have been done in good faith, so better to just move on and do things right from now on than driving ourselves mad effectively trying to fix the past.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Canary

Post by Canary »

GM Questions is now limited to questions only pertinent to your character. I am happy to answer questions about your rolls, your plot beats, or stuff you might be able to do. Questions that are vague or about another PC will be ignored.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:08 am
Canary wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:38 pm
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:19 pm
Will the spells contained within the Four Scrolls factor into the Nega-Shinsei fight? :)
If Nao can get to one and cast it, they can. The spells need to be cast by a shugenja. Otherwise they're part of empowering the binding.

They will factor into plots in the future, as well.
It didn't occur to me to ask earlier. Does Nao need the scroll to cast the spell she created?
Nope, it seems reasonable that she can cast her own spell whenever.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

My current understanding is that The Way Out and Moving Day are events reserved for the people in neither fight, while Go Time! is for everyone? Or are we supposed to roll all three, and it just looks that way as people are waiting to know if they are alive or dead before committing?
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Would appreciate a Birb's eye view/opinion on this
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Canary

Post by Canary »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:21 am
My current understanding is that The Way Out and Moving Day are events reserved for the people in neither fight, while Go Time! is for everyone? Or are we supposed to roll all three, and it just looks that way as people are waiting to know if they are alive or dead before committing?
Your first assumption is correct - the first two are for nonthunders, and Go Time! is for everyone.

Togashi Satsuki

Just to continue the talk from Discord:

Satsuki is willing to give up her Touch of Tengoku (becoming fully human?) to help heal Shiba along with Chuchu and any other Nezumi around that can help. Is there anything we should roll or do for this, since it's Day 8?
Theme | Profile

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:04 am
Just to continue the talk from Discord:

Satsuki is willing to give up her Touch of Tengoku (becoming fully human?) to help heal Shiba along with Chuchu and any other Nezumi around that can help. Is there anything we should roll or do for this, since it's Day 8?
Nope, I'm happy to just give it to you two. It's a lot to sacrifice, so it seems appropriate.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Could we get an epilogue subforum?
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Chuchu wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:18 am
Could we get an epilogue subforum?
Sure

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

As of D8, any location but the War Camp has ceased to be and is inaccessible*? Or were some of these locations grounded in reality and existing in it, though maybe under a different form?

*To anyone but Wu Zhe and Chouri