Canary

Re: GM Questions

Post by Canary »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:47 pm
Looking at champions and daimyo. Wasn't there a Kaiu back in game one who I'd assume was Kaiu champion? Or did he croak somewhere in the 25 years since?
He's an NPC champion, and he is still alive.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Is there any appropriate place of worship in the village other than the Shrine of Endgame Content?
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Canary

Post by Canary »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:22 am
Is there any appropriate place of worship in the village other than the Shrine of Endgame Content?
Nope. The best, the headwoman or healer of the village might have a small shrine in their home.

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Just to be sure as I couldn't find confirmation or specific rules on this.

The description of the Imperial camp says it's 'home, at least for now'. Does that mean that's where all PCs are supposed to be staying? Can we stay somewhere else if it'd be more fitting for the character? (I'm thinking by the river for Tae-soo for instance, given where he's from and what he's used to) Did, or does, anyone IC guide us there when we get to the village, or near it?

I'm having some trouble understanding how exactly things would work and how we fit in when we get to, or near, the village after following the 'monk words' or rumours that guide us here! Or if we 'don't' get any sort of guidance if we should, idk, look for an inn or something of the sort. That sounds like it might be a too involved and complicated given the number of players, I'm guessing?

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:53 pm

The description of the Imperial camp says it's 'home, at least for now'. Does that mean that's where all PCs are supposed to be staying? Can we stay somewhere else if it'd be more fitting for the character? (I'm thinking by the river for Tae-soo for instance, given where he's from and what he's used to) Did, or does, anyone IC guide us there when we get to the village, or near it?

I'm having some trouble understanding how exactly things would work and how we fit in when we get to, or near, the village after following the 'monk words' or rumours that guide us here! Or if we 'don't' get any sort of guidance if we should, idk, look for an inn or something of the sort. That sounds like it might be a too involved and complicated given the number of players, I'm guessing?

People are generally expected to be staying there, partly to stay together for safety, and partly to stay out of the village's way. The Crab have camped away from everyone else and at least one group is staying with a couple of villagers. Shinsei will be giving a briefing in the morning on D1

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:59 pm
People are generally expected to be staying there, partly to stay together for safety, and partly to stay out of the village's way. The Crab have camped away from everyone else and at least one group is staying with a couple of villagers. Shinsei will be giving a briefing in the morning on D1
Right! If I understand this correctly 'expected to be staying there' in this case is mostly 'you get in and see a lot of people there' rather than 'someone is actively telling you to stay there', then?

If so, I'm guessing it'd make sense to assume Tae-soo would camp by the river :) Thanks!

DescriptionTheme

Canary

Post by Canary »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:12 am
Right! If I understand this correctly 'expected to be staying there' in this case is mostly 'you get in and see a lot of people there' rather than 'someone is actively telling you to stay there', then?

If so, I'm guessing it'd make sense to assume Tae-soo would camp by the river :) Thanks!
Yup, no one's stopping you. Just let me know if Tae-soo drinks from it.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Just a random thought: since there are NPC-backups for Thunders, does that mean that they are in the village too? :shock:
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:59 am
Just a random thought: since there are NPC-backups for Thunders, does that mean that they are in the village too? :shock:
I was just thinking about that, and there's a couple who could be, but we have a good enough population in each Clan that I think we'll have someone left in each Clan by game end. So they shouldn't have to be there. That said, there's other stuff afoot that they might be able to come in late if they need to.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Oki-doki!

BTW, did Shiba make any official announcement regarding Yume-Jigoku and the Harbinger's speech here? Or are the clans relying more on what people reported back themselves (which I assume is the full account witnessed)? :)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:52 pm
Oki-doki!

BTW, did Shiba make any official announcement regarding Yume-Jigoku and the Harbinger's speech here? Or are the clans relying more on what people reported back themselves (which I assume is the full account witnessed)? :)
The official word from Shiba is that a minion of Yume-Jigoku infiltrated the court in the guise of an honorable samurai before revealing itself and demanding that humans join it or be twisted into monsters. Jigoku has invaded part of the Realm of Dreams, but Lady Doji is working hard to protect the Empire alongside the Nezumi. Stay strong and support one another - this threat will prove no match against the Empire together.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Absolute Direction works in most YJ infected areas (since they're small), but not here.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

To echo before:

What can we do to help / make this more enjoyable for GMs?

Do you know how much you are appreciated? (It's a lot!)
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

I started a thread to stash the stat-block for Otaku's horse in my PF in case I need it whilst away from the book, but I realized I don't know if he should actually be an Utaku Steed at this point in the timeline or not.

Should I be using the lesser Riding Horse stats instead? Or is this a case for Keep It Simple, Stupid (so the horses of the legendary age of the early empire are... legendarily great)?
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Canary

Post by Canary »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:38 pm
To echo before:

What can we do to help / make this more enjoyable for GMs?

Do you know how much you are appreciated? (It's a lot!)
For now, as long as peeps get their stuff in atm, I'm happy.
Otaku wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 3:35 am
I started a thread to stash the stat-block for Otaku's horse in my PF in case I need it whilst away from the book, but I realized I don't know if he should actually be an Utaku Steed at this point in the timeline or not.

Should I be using the lesser Riding Horse stats instead? Or is this a case for Keep It Simple, Stupid (so the horses of the legendary age of the early empire are... legendarily great)?
Got it sorted out here. For others' reference, they're basically Shinjo riding horses with extra training.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

DescriptionTheme

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

Canary wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:59 pm
Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:53 pm

I know the briefing is still inbound, but I am currently working on the assumption that the Imperial Camp will be a location in which many of the PCs would be staying.

If so, is it possible to log some time with various Craft rolls to make the area a bit more habitable? The equivalent of doing side quests in Red Dead Redemption to make sure that tents are a bit more secure/warming, proper latrines and drainage are in place and maybe some defensible points?
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Canary

Post by Canary »

Hisomu Reo wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:00 pm
I know the briefing is still inbound, but I am currently working on the assumption that the Imperial Camp will be a location in which many of the PCs would be staying.

If so, is it possible to log some time with various Craft rolls to make the area a bit more habitable? The equivalent of doing side quests in Red Dead Redemption to make sure that tents are a bit more secure/warming, proper latrines and drainage are in place and maybe some defensible points?
Absolutely, go for it.