Kaijarisuigyo

Re: Four Scrolls to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them!

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

I've left it vague because I wasn't really sure myself, having masterfully dodged any semblance of IC interaction regarding this plot so far.

Probably keeping it simple, with the project leader having tackled the appropriate persons as they were trying to leave after class (i.e. the meeting in the previous slot) to strongarm them into doing their part right now?

Yes, I'm squeezing this class project metaphor hard.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

Shang will have to grab the meeting minutes from someone else later on! As she's meandering the town at that time.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

I remain rather sparse today, then 3 day weekend so I can dig into "where should I be? What?" more solidly.

Definitely at the part of the class project where three people have chimed in as having some skills at certain steps, but there's not a clear delegation of 'you work on that this week' yet.

Which makes me the kid with too many extracurriculars who keeps kind of showing up late and going "so where are we now? What am I supposed to be doing again?"
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

I will throw up a scene for Late Morning, serving as the information-hub kind of deal for this IC. Even if you are unable to be there, assume that Satsuki hunted you down at some point and held you at swordpoint until you listened to her grand plan. :lol:

Interlocking rods:
Craft: whatever's relevant to the material they're using/Intelligence TN 25 - Isawa Kyosei and Kaiu Tai can stonework together on this

ADDED: Ryoshun Nao (transmuting materials and awakening them sounds cool af. It might need GM input though, but I love it, especially if Kyosei and Tai can awaken the kami in the stone)

2. Constructing the scrolls
Craft: Scroll/Intelligence TN 20, FR for those with the Elemental Magic advantage. -- Isawa Kyosei
Calligraphy/Intelligence TN 20 -- Togashi Satsuki
Artisan: Painting/Awareness TN 20 - Saru Shang

Materials supplied by: Hisomu Goju and Isawa Kyosei (thank you both kindly!) :)

3. Content of the scrolls
Non-magic needs:
Perform: Storytelling/Awareness TN 40 - Saru Shang
Lore: Spirit Realms/Intelligence TN 25 or Lore: Myth & Legend/Intelligence TN 25 - Hiruma Naraku
(maybe having Kai to assist will give some bonuses, given their first-hand experiences)

Magical needs:
Spellcraft/Intelligence TN 30 (TN 20 for Chuchu or Chouri*) - Chuchu

Additional Spellcraft/Intelligence rolls at 15+5x the spell's mastery level to develop the spell
Air - Nao (thanks to her ability to tap into Agasha's teachings)
Earth - Tai
Fire - Satsuki
Water - Tae-soo
I will keep a lot of my slots open to help with this, so if people need magical buffs and Void recovery, let me know in PMs, here, or on Discord.

Satsuki can reliably provide:
- Fire Kami's Blessing (add +4k0 to any High or Mercant skill roll using Intelligence for the next hour)
- Mental Quickness (increase Intelligence trait by one, or more with Raises)
- Benten's Touch (add +1k1+Air to Social rolls, which Perform falls under)
- To The Last Breath (restores up to 2 Void Points per day for one person)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Togashi Satsuki

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:24 am
No issue, doubly so as it's a role you've been pushed into: There are about half a dozen deeply involved in this plotline already, and none other has dared taken the burden of leadership (likely for very good reasons, like being aware of one's limited availability).

[and I am reminded of a not too dissimilar group project led by Ayumu in Day 2... that convinced me to not lead group projects in those games anymore; ah, the infinite energy and naivety of the newcomer]

I think we've got the material needs covered already? Especially since we're using solely things brought by ourselves rather than local stuff that could nothing but dream matter, soon to fade away as the sleeper awakens.

However, should we sacrifice a few fingers of jade to make powder we'll mix with the ink? L5R has a theme that jading things makes everything better. Alternatively, we could sculpt Jade seals (that kind of seal) in the image of the beasts, and use them to seal each parchment once we're done. Actually, maybe that's what you're referring to as rods?

I'll make an arstsy exchange thread soon then. Probably D5 EA, as I like my highest point sun theme. Just need to find a few illustrations for cards beforehand...

... Listen, I need to make these cards to keep sane. They have been my main stress coping mechanic this game. You've seen what happens when I post directly instead of taking some time to craft a new one.
Thank you for being understanding. It meant a lot reading it. :)

Maybe rod wasn't the best word to use, but it's what came to mind. What I meant is a rod of wood, stone, or bone which is attached to scrolls for ease of rolling them up for storage, or simply to provide weight to it when rolled out so it doesn't just curl naturally back together.

I really like the idea of of mixing jade into it, and we could work it into the scrollwork absolutely! We would just need a donation of jade for it. :D
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Togashi Satsuki

Isawa Kyosei wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 1:36 am
And, I have linen or cotton to back the scrolls.
Hisomu Goju wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:36 am
If needed Goju has extra paper and a writing box available.
Your donations are noted and appreciated! Added to the current master-list above. :) Thank you both.
Theme | Profile

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:31 pm
I will throw up a scene for Late Morning, serving as the information-hub kind of deal for this IC. Even if you are unable to be there, assume that Satsuki hunted you down at some point and held you at swordpoint until you listened to her grand plan. :lol:

Interlocking rods:
Craft: whatever's relevant to the material they're using/Intelligence TN 25 - Isawa Kyosei and Kaiu Tai can stonework together on this

ADDED: Ryoshun Nao (transmuting materials and awakening them sounds cool af. It might need GM input though, but I love it, especially if Kyosei and Tai can awaken the kami in the stone)
Oh..That sparks a realization. There's the knife that is a Friendly Kami and has been with Tai for a very long time. If the kami is willing to commit itself to the task of staying with this 'dream prison' for its duration, that is a sacrifice worth making.

Will at least manage a post tonight in the project threads folks put together. More activity after today.

description

Togashi Satsuki

THREAD HERE FOR IC-CHAIN AND FOR PROVIDING INFO ETC: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=26&t=843

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:52 pm
Oh..That sparks a realization. There's the knife that is a Friendly Kami and has been with Tai for a very long time. If the kami is willing to commit itself to the task of staying with this 'dream prison' for its duration, that is a sacrifice worth making.

Will at least manage a post tonight in the project threads folks put together. More activity after today.
That is a pretty neat idea and I personally like it a lot!
Theme | Profile

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Saru Shang wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:13 pm
Shang will have to grab the meeting minutes from someone else later on! As she's meandering the town at that time.
"Shang-chan, come back there this instant! The project is due tomorrow and you haven't written a line yet!"

*Saru reveals secret ninja training to escape.*
Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:37 pm
Maybe rod wasn't the best word to use, but it's what came to mind. What I meant is a rod of wood, stone, or bone which is attached to scrolls for ease of rolling them up for storage, or simply to provide weight to it when rolled out so it doesn't just curl naturally back together.
Okay, I was somehow getting confused with the very European wax seal of parchments. Japanese seals are more a signature.

Rods here are what's Wikipedia is calling stave and roller:
At the beginning of the scroll is a wooden stave (天杆), which serves as a support. A silk cord (帶子) and a fastener (別子) is attached to the stave and used to secure the rolled-up scroll. A wooden roller (木杆) is attached at the very end, around which the scroll is rolled.
For the knot itself, if we want to be symbolic to the max, we can use the rope that was once used to tie up Amaterasu. That should keep even an evil god prisoner.

Said rope being... spider silk assuming both old and new legends are true at once.

Syncretism oh!
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

If everyone is available LM and no one MA, might be simpler to move Kai's descriptions to this slot actually.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

I was going to join both, but you may be right.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

One question Canary, could a poison that only targets corrupted people be used for the ink? Mostly just for fluff.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Togashi Satsuki

Please post questions for Canary in the GM Questions thread. :)
Theme | Profile

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

I roll 6k5 for all Craft rolls, let me know what gaps need filling in.
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Togashi Satsuki

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:31 pm

Additional Spellcraft/Intelligence rolls at 15+5x the spell's mastery level to develop the spell
Air - Nao (thanks to her ability to tap into Agasha's teachings)
Earth - Tai
Fire - Satsuki
Water - Tae-soo
Satsuki has successfully rolled to create a Mastery Level 3 spell to go into the Vermillion Bird (Fire) scroll.
Theme | Profile

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Did we nail down the animals to elements here? If bird is fire then...

Azure Dragon of the East: Air?
Vermillion Bird of the South: Fire
White Tiger of the West: Earth?
Black Tortoise of the North: Water

description

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

I think that's right.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Togashi Satsuki

Azure Dragon
Cardinal Direction: East
Season: Spring
Time of day: Dawn
Color: Blue, green
Element: Wood in Wuxing, so I guess Air works best

Vermillion Bird
Cardinal Direction: South
Season: Summer
Time of day: Midday
Color: Fire
Element: Fire

White Tiger
Cardinal Direction: West
Season: Autumn
Time of day: Dusk
Color: White
Element: Metal in Wuxing, so Earth then.

Black Tortoise
Cardinal Direction: North
Season: Winter
Time of day: Midnight
Color: Black
Element: Water
Theme | Profile

Togashi Satsuki

The problem of working with different elemental systems. But I think that swap Tai suggested works best. :D
Theme | Profile

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:29 pm
Snip
Could we maybe do a group project to create the other spells? Poor Spellcraft 1 tribal shugenja needs to cheat on the test.... XD
FKB and MQ I can try on my own (and may be able to cast on someone else too, with Void slots?), but if Chuchu can help with extra skill ranks that'd be grand :D
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme