Nanzi Ai

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Nanzi Ai »

My only weakness is Bone-itis.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

My only weakness is <redacted>.

Not [redacted].
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I do not know what Yukara will do.

She has not really been informed IC, for starters, so we'll see.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:39 pm
My only weakness is Bone-itis.

Oh god not the dreaded bone-itis.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:42 pm
I do not know what Yukara will do.

She has not really been informed IC, for starters, so we'll see.
Get your arm healed for science.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

I am unironically torn on whether Yukara takes part.

Partly IC she has no reason to be skeptical beyond the weirdness of it all, and she wants to be as useful as she can be.

That said, IC, she also has been coming to terms with her new reality, and if she was aware where the power came from, would be much more hesitant about attempting to use it, given it might be turned against her at an unfortunate moment.

Hrmmm.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:03 pm
I am unironically torn on whether Yukara takes part.

Partly IC she has no reason to be skeptical beyond the weirdness of it all, and she wants to be as useful as she can be.

That said, IC, she also has been coming to terms with her new reality, and if she was aware where the power came from, would be much more hesitant about attempting to use it, given it might be turned against her at an unfortunate moment.

Hrmmm.
Depends on "realistic" you want your lost arm to be?

If going for the "realistic" approach, the only way to return to combat potential quickly is to accept the deal. You just aren't going to fight well with one less arm in a few days. Simply unlearning your wrong reflexes would take months.

If going for a more heroic approach, "somehow still walking straight on a broken leg from willpower alone" style, it's not as needed.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Oh, I know she is disadvantaged - she has the lost arm disad for +10 to all of her TNs that use that limb. (Including combat)

That said, she would not want a power granted by an enemy, if that power can be revoked or twisted at the worst possible moment.

Of course, IC, she has no idea how it works, as I am not aware of any effort to inform the entire camp. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

Makime

Post by Makime »

Actually on this...I wonder if it is all just dream logic again.

That could uh...have some weird/bad side effects for the villagers if the realms are sealed and suddenly their arms and such disappear.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Oh, definitely. Didn't the Harbinger say something like that? Or am I missing facts (well, "facts" so much as what she says is true) and some wild theory thrown around?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Well, I am here to Science.

If I die, it was nice knowing you all.

Nobody warned me not to. :twisted:

Saru Shang

Post by Saru Shang »

I get the feeling that by working out between getting +10 TN and not getting +10 TN, the decisions might have been already made on your part.
Dragon Clan • Courtier (Probably) • Artisan (Maybe) • A Bit Scattered • Needs Inspiration
Honour: What is Expected • Status: 2 • Glory: 3
Carries: Parchment, Charcoal, Wakizashi, Yumi & Quiver, Fan, Straw Hat, Cup, Jade, Dreamstone

Description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Eh, +10TN is whatever, life can go on.

But nobody else was biting and I figured nobody told her that she shouldn't, so without compelling IC reason to turn down the chance to regain her physical strength, she would naturally do it if she can use it to help people.

Obviously, it may end tragically.

Thus... demon core. Mad science is obviously fiiiine.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Got confirmation from Birb that Chuchu can purify disadvantages for TN 10x the dis cost so. Yaaaaay yippee if you want that done go to da healin' thread
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:35 pm
Got confirmation from Birb that Chuchu can purify disadvantages for TN 10x the dis cost so. Yaaaaay yippee if you want that done go to da healin' thread
Whose XP?
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Otomo Akutou wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:38 pm
Chuchu wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:35 pm
Whose XP?
I don't think it costs XP, it's just making the obscene TNs for it. TN15 + the disadv is gonna be a hefty hefty thing.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Ah, I misread.

Apologies.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

No book, groggy, and my online resources are failing me, what does carrying Jade do for a roll to resist corruption?
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:52 pm
No book, groggy, and my online resources are failing me, what does carrying Jade do for a roll to resist corruption?
https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... p?f=7&t=23

Resisting the Corruption
The chief protection against the Corruption is the sacred substance known as jade. Formed from the tears of Lady Sun at the dawn of creation, jade possesses intrinsic powers of purity that resist the influence of Yume-Jigoku. A character who carries a piece of jade on his person gains a +10 bonus to all rolls to resist the Corruption, both infection and growth. Likewise, touching jade to a potentially Corrupted wound within a minute of the injury will award a +10 bonus to a roll made to resist being Tainted.

Over time as jade absorbs more and more of the Taint, its protective qualities fade. It turns soft and brittle, discolors, and then its physical form twists into a strange material becoming known as dreamstone, which has its own properties. Jade is considered standard equipment when heading into an Corrupted area or dealing with potential Corruption incidents. Many people have also begun wearing it as proof against madness, and the stone has a growing reputation for being soothing to the mind and soul.

Each finger of jade protects one from up to 7 Exposure or Growth rolls, after which it becomes dreamstone.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Oh good, then I don't even need to place my trust in being Earth 4. :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.