Scout list is not up-to-date apparently. Should be:

Hisomu Goju
Hiruma Naraku
Nanzi Ai
Otomo Akutou
Togashi Satsuki

So fuller than full team.
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Ryoshun Nao

Re: The EMPIRE Needs YOU!

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:15 pm
I can help with night watch, spirit stuff, magic stuff, and other stuff.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Kai

Post by Kai »

I can scout the forest if you still need a body.
*Flutist *Archer *Silent
Fatigue 0

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

Yukara would certainly love a water shugenja (or other type who can somehow heal?) tacking 10 wounds of healing to Yukara to get her to the +5 rank.

If anyone can, drop a line, if not, no biggie.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Description :: Theme

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

I am also looking for a shugenjs, got 11 wounds that I could do without specially before the mission
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Otaku

Post by Otaku »

Folks. :P

The shugenja who can heal have named themselves. Some of them even have done open threads. You could actually ask someone directly, instead of wishcasting? Especially as this thread is, in theory, for organizing bigger stuff.
Ki-Rin ▪ Daimyo ▪ Warrior ▪ Shinjo's Votary ▪ Short ▪ Quiet ▪ Ascetic ▪ Voice ▪ Hero of the People (Blue Lotus Village)
Glory: 6.5 ▪ Status: 7 ▪ Honor: Exceptional ▪ Description
Steed: Tsubame (pale dapple gray with dark points)
Gear: Daisho, saddlebags, sometimes riding armor and yumi.

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

To be fair, from skimming the thread, I honestly don't know if there are more shugenja that heal than Nao.

Satsuki said she didn't - and I don't know if Tai heals or just rejuvenates.

Hence my offering a somewhat open-ended question rather than just spamming Nao's inbox.

That said, I will just poke directly next time, or hopefully pass sleep rolls for natural healing.
Bat :: Warrior-Monk :: Re-Armed :: Jade Claws :: Catty :: Disturbing Countenance (Catty) :: Balanced :: Yokel :: Big Stick :: Some Belated Kinda Destiny
Carries: Bisento, muted clothes, travelling cloak and hat, prayer beads, knife, sake

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:14 am
To be fair, from skimming the thread, I honestly don't know if there are more shugenja that heal than Nao.

Hence my offering a somewhat open-ended question rather than just spamming Nao's inbox.

That said, I will just poke directly next time, or hopefully pass sleep rolls for natural healing.
To clarify - per the rules for blood casting (all spells being available), ALL shugenja who can cast ML1 water spells heal.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

See, I also just have no idea how magic works.

Put simply, I'm a yokel.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Please add Chuchu to the medical emergency list!*

* OOC - She can heal some corruption, too, though how much is not yet known.
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:43 pm
Any medics?

https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... f=26&t=591
Still in need there? (or anyone else, for that matter) LM is still free, so Tai can drop in. I'm just exceedingly sparse on Tuesdays since that's my slog of a day at work.
Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:14 am

As Tae-soo noted, yep, we've got all the spells. And it would be a rare choice normally to pick RV over PTIP. That said, the roll logs reveal all of the above. Those of us with lower post counts don't spot everything. And, much like RL, asking a group of people for help ends up with everyone assuming someone else took care of it if they don't hear anything in particular.

Tai's in CrabCamp with Ayako EM and can be at ImperialCamp medcenter LM.
Seidou turned Crab * Shugenja * Mason * Potter * Wrong Somehow
Blackened teeth and nails * Shadowed eyes * Scarred

Nobody trips on mountains, but they'll stumble on stones

Carried: spear, stone knife, jade, satchel of stuff...maybe rocks.
description

Ryoshun Yukara

Post by Ryoshun Yukara »

It's no problem. I will just ask directly in future. I am still operating in the brainspace of people having to have the scroll.

For now, Yukara is stocked for threads except evenings and her bath thread in MA that nobody joined yet - so if you wanted to join either, she would be happy to see another healer, but she is also fine if you are busy - She is down to a +10 penalty so she's at least got a chance to pass rolls now for natural sleep.

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:31 am
It's no problem. I will just ask directly in future. I am still operating in the brainspace of people having to have the scroll.

For now, Yukara is stocked for threads except evenings and her bath thread in MA that nobody joined yet - so if you wanted to join either, she would be happy to see another healer, but she is also fine if you are busy - She is down to a +10 penalty so she's at least got a chance to pass rolls now for natural sleep.

Going for RL sleep here shortly, but could do evening slots after the event.

description

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:25 am
snip
Oh I still have 2 wounds but I don't think its worth to waste a spell slot to heal that. Lets see if we wont need it after the recon. :D

Kaiu Tai

Post by Kaiu Tai »

Ryoshun Yukara wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:31 am

As noted Evening slots are available and I'm home for a bit of posting.
Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:48 am
Kaiu Tai wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:25 am
snip
Oh I still have 2 wounds but I don't think its worth to waste a spell slot to heal that. Lets see if we wont need it after the recon. :D
That makes sense. I think at this point I'm going to make the EM thread a habit for ease of scheduling if folks need early assistance after a sleepless night, etc. Otherwise, if recon creates issues, there's the ME or LE mentioned above to set up.

description

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Has anyone tried to move away substantially from the village since our arrival? If not, a quick ride as far as we can get on Day 4 might be worth it. Just in case we happen to hit an invisible wall of any nature.
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

I believe we are completely surrounded by the forest, if I read the description correctly.

Still, you might ask for clarification just in case.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

Seems so indeed.

Plan B: Who can fly? I think there's an Air spell for that (as should be logical), and maybe some other people have shenanigans. Having a glimpse of what that whole madness looks from above would be so cinematic.

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:11 pm
Seems so indeed.

Plan B: Who can fly? I think there's an Air spell for that (as should be logical), and maybe some other people have shenanigans. Having a glimpse of what that whole madness looks from above would be so cinematic.
I think Nao or Tae-soo should be able to cast Call Upon The Wind, but it doesn't last very long and gives you slow movement, which might not be enough.

Code: Select all

Call Upon the Wind [CR]

Ring/Mastery: Air 2 (Travel)
Range: Personal or 20'
Area of Effect: Target individual (may be caster)
Duration: 1 minute
Raises: Duration (+1 minute), Range (+5')
The winds can lift and buoy, carrying even the heaviest burden into the skies for short periods. The target of this spell gains a limited form of flight, allowing him to move through the air unimpeded. The target of the spell may make Free Move Actions, but not Simple Move Actions, and never move more than 10' per round. Heavy winds can interfere with this movement or prevent it altogether. At the end of the spell's duration, the target drifts harmlessly to the ground, no matter how high he might be.

On the other hand, Satsuki could pull this one off. >_>

Code: Select all

Wings of Fire

Ring/Mastery: Fire 2 (Travel)
Range: Touch
Area of Effect: Self
Duration: 10 minutes
Raises: Duration (+5 minutes per Raise), Special (move at +1 Water Rank for 3 Raises)
This prayer is a simpler and less potent form of the spell Wings of the Phoenix, although it is also slightly more flexible in that it does not require a suit of armor to act as an "anchor" for the Fire kami. When this spell is cast, a cloud of Fire kami gather and take the form of large feathery wings sprouting from the caster’s arms and back. The caster may use these wings to fly slowly (normally moving at a speed equal to Water 1, regardless of his actual Water Ring). If the caster is able to glide (e.g. he is already at a significant height above the ground), he can move more quickly, as though he is Water 4. While the spell is in effect, the caster cannot use his arms for anything but flapping and moving his fiery wings, severely limiting his potential actions; also, he will set fire to any easily flammable objects (such as paper or spell scrolls) he touches, although the Fire kami will avoid harming his clothes. When the spell ends, the Fire kami immediately disperse, regardless of whether the caster is on the ground or in the air - unlike the friendly Air kami, the mercurial and aggressive Fire kami do not particularly care about the caster’s fate once they depart.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.