Anjing

Re: Surprise Party Planning

Post by Anjing »

Harbinger or not, you see this you come over to investigate.

Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Canary

Post by Canary »

Lemme know when y'all are ready to go and I'll bring in the Harbinger with her cadre of Mean Girls
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:32 pm
Lemme know when y'all are ready to go and I'll bring in the Harbinger with her cadre of Mean Girls
Moving computers, I'll roll for spell + pt3, and will be ready.

Thank you all again for the patience ;3;
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Canary

Post by Canary »

Chuchu wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:54 pm
Canary wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:32 pm
Moving computers, I'll roll for spell + pt3, and will be ready.

Thank you all again for the patience ;3;
Dude, I'm good with the break, don't rush on my account. The fixes have been mostly minor, no one's yelling at me, everybody is mostly getting along or staying out of each others way... I'm doing fantastic.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Yaaaay yippee roll made!!!! Success!!!

Thank you Kai <3 rats and tigers are now besties
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Post should be updated with distances and enemy count. Feel free to commence the surprise round
Assistant to the GM | Woke up and chose violence | Not my first rodeo

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:36 pm
Post should be updated with distances and enemy count. Feel free to commence the surprise round
Gotcha, do you still want PCs to stick to strict initiative order?
Crab Clan • Warrior • Anjing Daimyo • Weathered • Relishing Grumpy Old Age • Ruthless • Remembers the Seidou
Great Destiny

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

My cinematic plan would be to pounce out of the shadows on one of the effigies, sending us both locked into a deadly melee in one of the side streets, far enough from the rest of the dream team so the anti-Void effect does not apply to the other characters anymore.

Since I don't think I have any way of doing that that wouldn't be at best a mechanical nightmare, I guess in practice I'll just rush Effigy 1 and hit it with all I got?
Bushi • CavalryDestinedDuelist • Hero • Ronin
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.
Unaligned :tiger: Description

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Anjing wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:41 pm
Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:36 pm
Gotcha, do you still want PCs to stick to strict initiative order?
No I'd say go in whatever order you wish

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Downing Effigy 2 first or trying to keep it away is actually a very decent plan I'd say?

TS is still casting until round 1 (which I'm sure I'll regret later, but let's see).

With the effigies 35 feet away, if Kai is Water 4 (I think you are?) you could reach it with 1 Simple Action and move away 20 feet-ish with 1 Free Action, then possibly close in again for 2 attacks during Round one.

If you think you can manage to knock it down or something of the kind, that might keep it in check some... maybe? Full Attack might help that happen maybe.

The Harbinger will get an action before Kai during their first round, so that may be something to consider for Full Attacking or not...

TS has something to do on round 1 though, depending on what positioning we get, as he's got something Silent Watered.
Scorpion • Shugenja • Tribal survivor • Protective brother • Destined

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
Cares for: Ha-yeong, 14 year-old troublemaker.
DescriptionTheme

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Actually, STARTING with what he's got silent watered (Strike of the Tsunami) may be a good call tbh since it hits everything within a cone and it gets harder after others are around. Can we start with that maybe? What do you think?

Carries: Mosu village robes and earrings, straw cloak, bo, knives, fishing kit, often travelling pack and/or food.
DescriptionTheme

Anjing

Post by Anjing »

If you've got a big AOE cone that can hit all of them grouped up that's a pretty awesome opening move :D

I reckon we might want to focus fire and down the adds (assuming they aren't incredibly squishy) as they might otherwise cause trouble?
Great Destiny

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

+1 for the big spell first plan.
Battle: Melee 5 Attack against a Follower or a Personality with lower Personal Honor than The White Tiger.

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Kaijarisuigyo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:41 pm
My cinematic plan would be to pounce out of the shadows on one of the effigies, sending us both locked into a deadly melee in one of the side streets, far enough from the rest of the dream team so the anti-Void effect does not apply to the other characters anymore.

Since I don't think I have any way of doing that that wouldn't be at best a mechanical nightmare, I guess in practice I'll just rush Effigy 1 and hit it with all I got?
I would allow this if Kai makes a successful Unarmed attack and Stealth roll during their surprise turn to grab the effigy without the rest of the retinue knowing. Stealth tn 30. The risk being if they fail they will start combat surrounded by the enemy. But if they succeed I'd say Kai and effigy 2 are Brawling like 25 feet away from the rest of the fight.

Kaijarisuigyo

Post by Kaijarisuigyo »

I think my teammates would kill me if I was to waste my surprise round of the final fight on a 5% chance action just to look a bit cool.

Let's see how well the spell works, and then likely simply run and hit.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Going for the spell then.
Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:08 pm
Is GM
If I understand the positioning right, if I stand 20 ft away from the Harbinger I could hit... maybe everyone but the cultists?

Would I be able to hit everyone if I move within 15 ft of the Harbinger (and a bit sideways) instead?

Or if we have a map, do let me know :)

Also - one damage roll per target I'm assuming, yeah?

DescriptionTheme

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:19 pm
Going for the spell then.
Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:08 pm
Is GM
If I understand the positioning right, if I stand 20 ft away from the Harbinger I could hit... maybe everyone but the cultists?

Would I be able to hit everyone if I move within 15 ft of the Harbinger (and a bit sideways) instead?

Or if we have a map, do let me know :)

Also - one damage roll per target I'm assuming, yeah?
I'd say with a 10 ft wide cone you'd be able to hit 1 effigy and one cultist plus Harbinger. With positioning to the side id say you could get everyone but 1 effigy. And I believe it would just be one damage roll and deal those Wounds to everyone I think.

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Tyrus wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:30 pm
Snip
Hm. I figured hitting both effigies would be easier than both cultists since they're farther away and the cone is wider at the far end.

Any kind of positioning that would make it possible to hit Harbinger and both effigies, or is that a no go?

And fine with a single roll too I guess. Makes it easier to do (just easier to get a single shit roll on XD)

EDIT:
This is more or less what the cone would be like if I'm reading the spell right... in D&D grid mindspace at least? XD Not sure if this helps my case lol

DescriptionTheme

Haka Tae-soo

Post by Haka Tae-soo »

Posting the spell and (horrible) damage there at any rate. If it's possible to hit Harbinger plus 2 effigies, that's better, otherwise I'll take everyone but one effigy (preferably hitting the one that prevents us from spending void!)

DescriptionTheme

Tyrus

Post by Tyrus »

Haka Tae-soo wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:38 pm
Ahhh ok I'd envisioned the cone a bit narrower but that looks fine to me and yeah angled right you could hit them all. And usually my interpretation of aoe damage is the spell does x damage to everything in the aoe since it isn't targeted