Jiyo Sora

Re: OOc Chat 4: The Game Begins

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Saru Ranmaru wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:14 am
I tried.png

I should have included this in there.
YES. DO IT.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Matsu being tactful.

She hasn't quite aged into cantankerous displays of contempt yet.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Makime wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:00 am
Matsu being tactful.

She hasn't quite aged into cantankerous displays of contempt yet.
Here's hoping she will one day.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

We're up to 75% of the villagers being won over...

Who's left? Nozomi, Otaku, Chuchu, Tae-Soo and Norikage?

So we've got 75% :lol:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Chuchu is pretty cute; that might help.
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Oh, and Reo! Surely his charm will save the day!

Carries:

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

If anybody who hasn't rolled for the event yet would like a Blessing for a temporarily Lucky reroll, let me know! Will Bless anybody who hasn't rolled yet, just tell me the slot (EM + MM are taken for Chuchu and the Thunder choosing slot ofc)
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

Anyone know how we are doing on the turning evil villagers to the side of good task?

trying to figure out how to write this letter.

And I want to know if someone has done the math for me. :lol:
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Has: Daisho, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, Sake cup, Jade Bracelet

Shiba Kumori

Post by Shiba Kumori »

We’re 85 in the positive.

With Haka’s 7 possibly going either way.
Imperial | Emperor Shiba II | Confident | Human | Shining | Fire Averse | Great Destiny

Status: 10.0 • Glory: 10.0 • Honor: Strength of A Thousand Ancestors

Otomo Akutou

Post by Otomo Akutou »

Akodo Kenji wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:26 pm
Anyone know how we are doing on the turning evil villagers to the side of good task?

trying to figure out how to write this letter.

And I want to know if someone has done the math for me. :lol:
You're a Thunder; you can do it!
Otomo Akutou, Stag Clan Hunter
Status 1.0, Glory 4.0, Honor as Expected
Crafty * Destined * Heroic * Silent * Wary * Cursed * Disdained * Driven * Phobic
Commonly with jade finger, daisho, standard clothes, pack; hat and cloak as weather appropriate
In peril, jade finger, daisho, yumi, quiver, arrows, ashigaru armor, rations, cash (the pack will wait)
When traveling, all of it

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

*looks at skills*

I can do something. No guarantee it will be helpful.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Backwater * Tough * Faint scent of Fresh cut grass * Honest * Destined

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Look, there are no penalties for failing rolls except lack of points- the only way to erode progress is to be threatening/hostile in your communication.

Expressing that things haven't been so hot on the trust front but that you're willing to move forward is a perfectly sound option, even if it makes for less entertaining failposts.

(Sora failed both social rolls, but I had that waved off as "his sent them a really dry but informative text on the lore roll" that he absolutely nuked)

With Norikage, we're at 88%.

Tae-soo will either take us to 95% or 81%, depending on the breaks.

So... total victory is actually in sight if we get a bit lucky.

Carries:

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

I'm just not overly fond of penalizing tone like that personally. *shrug* One could argue it should also work the opposite way in that a very friendly letter that rolled 0 could net positive points.

Most of the time Event-posts like that are a way for players to let off some steam and have some fun too though. :)
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Threats are threats...I mean it's not even veiled.
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

and poisoning is poisoning. So, what's a threat or two to balance the scales?

I mean you poison me; I threaten to burn down your village. We both decide that things have gone far enough, and we really should worry about defeating the big bad. I'll allow it.

Not that such matters.

But I'll do what I can for the cultists. I have the tone in mind for what I'll write, if the cultists respond to it positively or negatively is not a major concern.

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu Zhe wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:19 am
Threats are threats...I mean it's not even veiled.
More or less this. We are, after all, trying to influence NPCs. If I got a great etiquette roll against someone to avoid offense but followed it up by going, "and by the way, your ancestors were all cowards," that would, I would hope, modify my roll's results just a smidge.

Note that of the two entries that are both threatening and actually having a mechanical impact so far, neither one is out of character for the samurai writing it in the slightest. But at the same time, the villagers telling them to go fuck themselves is also entirely in character- especially since most of them are unaware of the poisoning as such, they think it's part of the funky spiritual business going on in their village this time of year for the last half-decade.

"It's not poison, it's part of our ritual customs, you rude bastards!"

Carries:

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

As someone whose character has had the primary goal of saving Lady Doji for two games now, I would ask, pretty please, anyone making a new post to not threaten them.

But speaking from that same place, I would not dream of asking anyone who has already posted to change their post.
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:56 am
As someone whose character has had the primary goal of saving Lady Doji for two games now, I would ask, pretty please, anyone making a new post to not threaten them.

But speaking from that same place, I would not dream of asking anyone who has already posted to change their post.
But you like my drawing, right husband? :P
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Doji Hikaru

Post by Doji Hikaru »

Togashi Satsuki wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:57 am
Doji Hikaru wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:56 am

But you like my drawing, right husband? :P
It's perfect, WOIFE!
Crane Clan * Romantic, but also Stay Away From Me * Very Flammable * Stick Bearer * The Impossible Dream

Akodo Kenji

Post by Akodo Kenji »

I'm pretty sure there were no overt threats in mine.

But I'll apologize to the pretty crane boy in advanced.