Nanzi Ai

Goal Discussion and Coordination

Post by Nanzi Ai »

I actually have no idea for goals this game , other than strengthening ties with the Lion and hopefully the Crab, through marriage, for the Crane and expand the Raven Guard to be a multi-Clan initiative to prepare for the next day of Thunder and protect Rokugan from Corruption and shift the Yumenosenshi to be open to all Clans if they so choose.

Basically the Raven Guard would be the premier Corruption fighting force for the Empire.

That’s all I got. But I am willing to work with people or hear other ideas. Or if people like my ideas and want to support it.
  • Expand the Raven Guard to be more joint clan initiative and develop clan agnostic Corruption fighting schools.
  • Deeper ties alliance with the Crab through Marriage for Crane and Crab.
  • Improve and strengthen relations with the Lion and Stag for the Crane.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Ryoshun Nao

Re: Goal Discussion and Coordination

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

I hope someone does something with the village and shrine. That seems like it should be a Dragon or Crab thing, or monks or even a Minor Clan or something. I'm not sure if we'll get Minor Clans the same way this time around, or at all.

I do like the idea of the Bat expanding their focus to deal with all spirits.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:07 pm
I hope someone does something with the village and shrine. That seems like it should be a Dragon or Crab thing, or monks or even a Minor Clan or something. I'm not sure if we'll get Minor Clans the same way this time around, or at all.

I do like the idea of the Bat expanding their focus to deal with all spirits.
I do hope the village has a future.
Warrior Princess | Tall | White Hair | Dark Skin | Yumenosenshi | Great Destiny | Daisho
Status: 4.5 | Glory: 3.5 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Exceptional | Description | Themes
Possessions: Sturdy Clothing, Fashionable Things, Daisho, Yumi, Light Armor, Yumenosenshi Jade Mask, Lady Doji's Earrings

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

"Their forces have been badly tested... begin the invasion."

Joking, joking.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

Nanzi Ai wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:49 pm
I actually have no idea for goals this game , other than strengthening ties with the Lion and hopefully the Crab, through marriage, for the Crane and expand the Raven Guard to be a multi-Clan initiative to prepare for the next day of Thunder and protect Rokugan from Corruption and shift the Yumenosenshi to be open to all Clans if they so choose.

Basically the Raven Guard would be the premier Corruption fighting force for the Empire.

That’s all I got. But I am willing to work with people or hear other ideas. Or if people like my ideas and want to support it.
  • Expand the Raven Guard to be more joint clan initiative and develop clan agnostic Corruption fighting schools.
  • Deeper ties alliance with the Crab through Marriage for Crane and Crab.
  • Improve and strengthen relations with the Lion and Stag for the Crane.
I'll probably suggest something as a Clan goal regarding the Raven Guard. The Spider should be a big part of it since fighting Corruption is their purpose.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Nanzi Ai

Post by Nanzi Ai »

I would love Spider support for this.

Chuchu

Post by Chuchu »

Could nezumi help too? <- sticks nezumi nose in everything

Trying to figure out how to word Major Goal, bc it'll... be major. Minor is just *shrugging emoji*
BEST ENDING UNLOCKED: TRANSCENDENT NAME: Mother of Ten Thousand Dreams

Name 3: Great Name / Niche ?: Nameseeker? / Small / A babychild. / theme
Tiny thing carries around a ritual dagger.

Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Makime

Post by Makime »

Both of mine are in infrastructure. One Empire wide and the other localized in the Lion
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Togashi Satsuki

Post by Togashi Satsuki »

My goals are tied up too right now, depending on GM response.

Otherwise, would love to see something like this area becoming protected to avoid any possible contamination of/from the site of the battle.
Daughter of the Dragon • Fire • Shugenja • Sassy Princess • Otherworldly Beauty (Benten's Blessing) • Tattooed • Blessed By The Heavens • Gift of Foresight • Great Destiny
Honor: What Is Expected 🐉 Status: 4.0 (possibly Togashi's Heir) 🐉 Glory: 3.0
Theme | Profile
Has: Wakizashi, small knife, yumi and quiver, scrolls in a satchel, jade bracelet and a jade-conch, Guqin (on occassion), wide-brimmed hat with veil, travel cloak with fur.

Ryoshun Nao

Post by Ryoshun Nao »

It's something the Bat could do, I just don't want to step on any toes. It's much closer to Dragon and Crab. It would also make sense for one of the monk orders to watch over it.
Bat Clan Shugenja Storyteller Small Older Than She Seems Younger Than She Thinks Destined Realm Walker Epileptic Thunder
Honor 4.5 | Status 4 | Glory 3

Carries: Wakizashi, Yari, Knife, Lantern
Accompanied By| San

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

So, I am open to discussions on my Minor Goal with Nozomi. The secondary actions she will take in the short run could go in a very wide different set of directions.

My Major Goal will be that Nozomi will spend her life working to secure the Tao of Shinsei's place in the Empire, so that its reputation is not damaged by the fact that Shinsei himself was corrupted and became the Champion of Jigoku. If other players choose to help out, lemme know. I'd love the help (but do not require it. She'll be doing it one way or another.). If anyone is going to oppose, lemme know so I'm aware she's got opposition (Which I am aware is a possibility.).
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Sugri

Post by Sugri »

Nozomi wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:52 pm
So, I am open to discussions on my Minor Goal with Nozomi. The secondary actions she will take in the short run could go in a very wide different set of directions.

My Major Goal will be that Nozomi will spend her life working to secure the Tao of Shinsei's place in the Empire, so that its reputation is not damaged by the fact that Shinsei himself was corrupted and became the Champion of Jigoku. If other players choose to help out, lemme know. I'd love the help (but do not require it. She'll be doing it one way or another.). If anyone is going to oppose, lemme know so I'm aware she's got opposition (Which I am aware is a possibility.).
Sugri is not opposing but I did run by Birb that those who did turn away from Shinseism might track down stories of the strange teacher who stood against fallen Shinsei and find the records he left about Invindi beliefs with the Crab and Dragon. The two philosophies are so similar that I wouldn't expect conflict over it in this era but, if approved, I left its impact/longevity/future conflicts to the GMs.

(Sugri himself wouldn't find out about it until he's an old man and is honestly kind of mortified)
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Nozomi

Post by Nozomi »

Sounds good to me.
Monk * Ascetic * Experienced 2 Phi * Mom * Disciple of Shinsei * Disturbing Countenance (Albino) * Destined * Shinsei's Receptionist?!?
Status - 1.0, Honor - "What is Expected," Glory - 3.0
Wears/Carries: Ashigaru Armor, Sturdy Clothing, Xun (Flute), Tonfa x2, Yumi w/ Arrows, Jade Bracelet
Always Checks for Lying Darkness Corruption with Scorpion
CharacterProfile * Theme Song * (The safe word is still "Sea Cucumber")

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

My Minor Goal involves the Willow Sect.

After getting to have it both ways for twenty-five years or so, and with very few actual issues with Shiba, Sora will be keeping his hand on the tiller to turn them into the beginnings of our answer to the canon Asako Inquisitors (not the Advanced School, no way :lol: ), with less of a focus on hunting down and killing Tsukai, and more of a focus on preventing stories like Chouri's from going full-blown. I see them as getting scarier the farther up the social ladder a given offender turns out to be :lol:

My Major Goal (not yet approved) is for Sora's daughter Phi to become the generally acknowledged popular historian of the Dawn era. (she also writes trashy pillowbooks!) Not an expert on any one thing, but her take on the era as a whole and a mixture of personal interest and dry, even-handed administration of Fact ("My father is a profane man who frequently finds the burdens of his new position a tedious chore. Still a hero. Lord Nanzi's arrogance could blot out the sun. Still a hero") is kind of what I'm going for.
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Jiyo Sora wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:24 am
Snip
You're making the censure committee of the Empire haha
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Hiruma Naraku wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:28 am
You're making the censure committee of the Empire haha
I mean, our not-Kolat have never really done much Kolat stuff, so...
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

Theoretically I can create some black permanent markers for you to conveniently edit scrolls.

Granted they might make any who sniffs them convulse and die but bureaucracy needs it's sacrifices.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Oh, no no no, we ain't redacting jack, at least not in Sora's lifetime :lol: The Inquisitors will be using their "hey, we're out there among the people like good Kolat spies" thing to act a bit more formally. Over time, they'll lose some flexibility, and who the hell knows what they'll get up to as the decades scroll by, but...

If the Phi goal gets greenlit, she won't be writing books telling people how to become Tsukai, but they'll be very "warts and all" accounts.

Carries:

Yoshitsune Ayako

Post by Yoshitsune Ayako »

Ryoshun Nao wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 7:07 pm
I'm happy to work towards giving Crab protection to Blue Lotus Village - I mean assuming the plot doesn't require the village to be razed or something else that pre-empts that.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Great Destiny • Directionally Challenged • Dreaming?
Status 1.0 • Glory: 3.5 • Exceptional Honor
carries: heavy armor, masakari, daisho, biwa

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Yoshitsune Ayako wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:01 am
I'm happy to work towards giving Crab protection to Blue Lotus Village - I mean assuming the plot doesn't require the village to be razed or something else that pre-empts that.
Preeeeeeetty sure it's gonna be all right- the dreamstone deposit is jade now (so hey, jade mine!) and the barrier to the spirit realms is stronger.

The existing population has some options.

I'd say the holding would probably come with some "staff this place with badasses" caveats, but I don't think it's getting leveled.

Carries: