Proto-Merenae
14%
Proto-Thrane
12%

Total votes: 77

Canary

Poll #4: International Relations

Post by Canary »

The final main poll: international relations. In 25 years, what cultures does Rokugan know about (that we haven't established they know already)?

Your choices are unlimited for this one. Follow up polls will determine what the relationship is, if any.
GM | Birb | Tiny | Floofy | Architect of Horror | Experienced 3

Honor: All of it, Status: Yes, Glory: Very yes

"Want to talk about dreams and dreamers? Sensory input gives the illusion of consciousness. You are all just dreams made of flesh. I used to be too. Now I'm flesh made of dream. You can too, Chuck. You can too."

Sugri

Re: Poll #4: International Relations

Post by Sugri »

Crab or Ki-Rin meeting the Moto make a lot of sense.

Sugri mentioned the Burning Sands tribes, in very abstract, with Anjing so if people start exploring outside the Empire that certainly tracks and from there second-hand, at least, contact/knowledge of the Senpet and/or others could arise.

I think it might be a little too early to bring in proto-Yodotai given distance or proto-Merenae/Thrane given the very early age of sailing in the Empire. But if they get voted in I certainly won't complain.
Invinda • Guru • Archer • Destined • Cursed
Integrity: Exceptional • Status: None • Glory: 1.5

Carries: Simple (if unusual) clothes, bow (unstrung unless expecting trouble), quiver of arrows, a simple knife

Description: https://dayofthunder.fallenash.com/view ... 2099#p2099

Makime

Post by Makime »

Meeting the three proto-European civilizations require either passing through every other nascent civilization or developing ships capable of long distance sailing on the open ocean. And all the associated tech to do so.

Which would technically benefit the Lion navy...
Lion Clan • Bushi • Makime Daimyo • Tactician • Commander • Experienced • Once of the Kuwagaya • Overconfident

Hisomu Tadaka

Post by Hisomu Tadaka »

I think the Moto make sense, but I want Shinjo to be surprised by them.

I went with the proto-European civs because well, everything Makime said, just replace Lion with Spider.
Spider Clan Bushi * Ninja * Seeker of the Sea * Naval * Destined for Greatness * Captain of The Jolly Jellyfish * Formerly Hisomu Goju * Name Restored
Honor: Untrustworthy/Status: 3.0/Glory: 3.0
Items: Bronze Sword, Jade, Light Armor

Jiyo Sora

Post by Jiyo Sora »

Wu already went to the Burning Sands, and the Crab are already damned near there as a Clan XD

If the Ki-Rin head out anytime soon, it stands to reason within 25 years we'd have a lot of the Burning Sands covered in terms of basic awareness and possibly even routine trade.

No objection to Thrane or Merenrae, but not voting for either just yet, it makes the world seem a wee bit teeny-tiny.

Not in favor of Prototai/Yototruscans because holy crap was that civilization overwanked to the point of absurdity in the classic canon :lol: I'm sure we'll do better, but those charisma-vaccum ruiners of the Burning Sands can wait their bloody turn! :twisted:
ImperialAssassin and former BabysitterLibrarian • Experienced 3 • Bushi • Evil Eye • Tough as Old Leather • (The Worst) Sage (in Rokugan) Team Hikaru Veteran • Disturbing Countenance • Willow • Blessed by Fukurokujin • Lucid Dreamer • Probably Older Than You • Literally Went to Hell One Time • Has Five Kids and Babysat Shiba II and all of her sisters, Don't Test Him

Carries:
Day to Day- A daisho, at least one scroll, a Nezumi Memory Stick, five fingers of jade and some dried flower petals.
Danger Imminent- Add light armor, a naginata, a yumi, and arrows.

Hiruma Naraku

Post by Hiruma Naraku »

I voted for the Merenae because of course I did. I will correct the slaughters to my language. :D
Crab Clan • Samurai • Menacing • Poison Master • Thunder of Rebirth • Hero of the People
Status: 5.0 Honor: No (2.5) Glory: 3.5 (5.5 for remainder of game)

Carries: Daisho, Utilitarian Kimono, Light Armor, Yumi with Arrows, 3x Jade Finger (1/3 and 2 full), One Vial of Amaterasu's Censure, Travel Pack

Wu Zhe

Post by Wu Zhe »

Wu is in the burning stands and since Ukyou is going there...
Dragon Clan - Wu - Bushi -Tribal - Farmer - Dairy - Blessed by Ebisu - Great Destiny - Agricultural reformer - Thunder of Mercy
Honor: What is expected, renown 1, Status: 4, finger of jade

Hisomu Reo

Post by Hisomu Reo »

I went with Merenae and Thrane for 2 reasons

1) I enjoyed Kannon's ironhearts and am sad I only saw the end
2) with the Stag and Spider pushing out sailing I feel like contact is possible
Archer | Kakita Tribe | Spider Clan| Bad Limp | Not a People Person | Healer | Experienced 1
Yumi with lots of arrows, Light Armor, Medicine Kit, Mortar and Pestle, finger of Jade

Isawa Kyosei

Post by Isawa Kyosei »

I went with tribes, senpet, and sumersyria. Tribes and Senpet, in their history, have been around this long, and make sense. Sumeria in real world was one of the first, and had interesting things in it.
Imperial • Shugenja • Mine-Overseer • Trader • Experienced 3 • Jade • Earth • Granite

Often seems dirty, or has a dusty form.
small knife, regular knife, mining hammer, 3 belt pouches, small ink set with brush, candle, new case for scrolls.